Ross County V Dundee United- 5/4/2019

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have had many failures in multiple areas this season, but the inability to put away chances has probably been the most costly. The amount of games we've dropped points after spurning numerous chances only for the opposition to make theirs count has been quite incredible.

1 minute ago, Zetterlund said:

We have had many failures in multiple areas this season, but the inability to put away chances has probably been the most costly. The amount of games we've dropped points after spurning numerous chances only for the opposition to make theirs count has been quite incredible.

It sounds like the only difference between our clubs right now is that your supporters are c***s.

If we had taken any of the 7 chances to clear that ball at the end, it wouldn't have got anywhere near him.

I think Fox made saves your keeper isn’t capable of, and ultimately that’s the difference. No way Fox concedes that goal.

Guest DAVIDB69

We are 9 ahead of Ayr but they have 3 in hand and play us next week, we need to make sure of 2nd, couldn’t be doing with 3 play off games

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I think Fox made saves your keeper isn’t capable of, and ultimately that’s the difference. No way Fox concedes that goal.

Indeed. Therein lies the difference.

Siegrist wasn't the only one culpable at that goal, having said that

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^^ idiot found 

Are you trying to tell me that even a half decent keeper wouldn’t have saved that and that he hasn’t cost us an inconceivable amount of points this season?

He easily in the top 5 if not top 3 worst goalkeepers we’ve had. 

2 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

We are 9 ahead of Ayr but they have 3 in hand and play us next week, we need to make sure of 2nd, couldn’t be doing with 3 play off games

Yeah, even if we had won tonight the only advantage was consolidating our second place spot.

Just now, NEFarab said:

Are you trying to tell me that even a half decent keeper wouldn’t have saved that and that he hasn’t cost us an inconceivable amount of points this season?

He easily in the top 5 if not top 3 worst goalkeepers we’ve had. 

Read my post.  I didn’t say he didn’t do badly at the goal, I said he’s not to blame for us only drawing.

We spent the last 15 minutes trying to see the game out.  We are absolutely shite at that, have been for years.

Neilson didn’t need to make defensive subs; it was total stupidity.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Read my post.  I didn’t say he didn’t do badly at the goal, I said he’s not to blame for us only drawing.

We spent the last 15 minutes trying to see the game out.  We are absolutely shite at that, have been for years.

Yup I can agree with that. Neilson’s reluctance to go for the kill has absolutely cost us, along with awful play Gomis but invariably we face 2/3 shots on target in must games and yet we always seem to let in a goal or 2. 

45 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

FFS. Even more one sided than last week and still can't win. Where did those six minutes become from?

Gaah. I fucking hate football.

Mostly from your players collapsing for no good reason, not blaming them but these tactics bring risks...

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Viewing as a neutral I'd agree with pretty much all of that,

The changes and trying to see the game out were exactly what a woeful on the night County needed.

Great result in the circumstances for County given how out of touch they looked.

I think the keeper is fucking soul destroyingly bad. Hes not the main culprit, player wise anyway, at the goal - for me thats Gomis and Connolly.  The former should clear it the first or second time and the latter has been poor in general but shouldnt header that ball anywhere else but away from goal.

The keeper should probably do better though. 

But as i say, Neilson shat himself, sat back and tried to shore things up with two players who have regularly caused more problems than they have solved while on the pitch this season.

Why drop Bouhenna, Cammy Smith, Stanton and Booth completely? Were they all injured? Smiths hardly played so cant be needing a rest. Stanton should have been on the bench at least. Booth and Robson have been doing well as a partnership and Bouhenna is better  next to Reynolds than Connolly imo. All injured?

Archived