Championship Worst Player Of The Season 2018/2019

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

He is, but only by a very slight technicality.

The club paid money for him as well.

Thankfully his contract is only until the end of this season.

1 hour ago, Rosscubed said:

I'm afraid I'd very much disagree here.

Used well he is excellent, he looks slower than he actually is, and his crossing is up there with the very best of the rest, although he's clearly not always comfortable being up on the final third.

I'd be happy to keep him next season.

That's fair.  He needs to lay off the protein shakes for a bit though.

Craig Moore for us. Had plenty of opportunities to prove he could do a job either off the bench or when Moffat or Shankland are out and apart from getting sent off v Morton he's done nothing of note.

Scored against Dundee United. But yeah apart from that he’s not proven himself anything more than a backup option.

Alan Martin had a poor season for us, but has put in a couple man of the match performances away from home which has won us a few points.

Adam Frizzell had a shocking loan spell, playing almost every game and not scoring once.

24 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Alan Martin had a poor season for us, but has put in a couple man of the match performances away from home which has won us a few points.

Adam Frizzell had a shocking loan spell, playing almost every game and not scoring once.

A bit harsh on Frizzell,  taking him on loan was a strange decision anyway as the Manager only started him in a couple of games otherwise he was used mainly as a sub or was subbed,  plus he picked up a slight injury and didn't make the squad for some games. I doubt he actually got many full games or a massive amount of minutes so to say he  played almost every game gives a bit of a false impression. Other midfielders (and strikers) have had a lot more game time than Frizzell and have not exactly been prolific scorers either.  

I agree about your comments on Martin though,  not as  bad as some would make out but still only an average keeper for this level.  I'm actually struggling to name a Queens player who fits the Championship Worst Player title,  we've got Dobbie who's top class,  then the likes of  Todd,  Dykes Doyle,  Maguire,  maybe Stirling,   as above average with the rest being adequate enough for this level. There are no great pre- window Falkirk levels of uselessness imo. 

Fully expect him to be our starting no.9 next season.
Aye, that's a bit depressing.

I'll give him a chance to win me over, but he's been very poor from what I've seen this season.

He did very well in that home win against United, but it was a sitter, and then he ran himself into the ground for the team.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

A reminder that Leo Fasan is currently tied 5th for Falkirk Player of the Year in the local paper, despite having not played for the club since early December.

is that for real? (I don’t read the local rag).  Oh my word. Beyond embarrassing. What a fecking horrific season this has been. 

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Aye, that's a bit depressing.

I'll give him a chance to win me over, but he's been very poor from what I've seen this season.

He did very well in that home win against United, but it was a sitter, and then he ran himself into the ground for the team.

In fairness to Moore, he did score a few goals early on when given the chance when the whole team were playing well, however his inclusion due to Shanklands injury just seemed to coincidentally coincide with our whole teams level of performance dropping and also losing the creativity of Forrest certainly didn't help Moore.

We can't expect him to play the same role as Shankland and I do think  it's unfair to brand him as a total lost cause and "worst player of the season", especially given our league position.

Nothing against Moore particularly, and there's a chance he may come good with an extended run in the team, although I feel we've been saying that for a while now about him. The only worry is that he's another player that McCall has got the blinkers for

Fully expect him to be our starting no.9 next season.

Nah no chance. Wouldn’t surprise me if he left due to lack of playing time.

I’d keep him as a back up but I’d be surprised if he was a starter.

I would have said Tumilty earlier in the season, but he has improved at wing back. Our centre backs have all been woeful. Buchanan has been edging it as worst over Kilday for most of the season, but Waddell is probably the front runner now. Although Kilday's penalty gift against Ayr (and Buchanan's forgetting to mark again which almost gifted Ayr a winning goal) shows that any of the three could still be crowned the worst. If Dykes plays any more he could be in with a shout as well. 

(FWIW, at other clubs I think Fasan and Keown are good shouts)  

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nah no chance. Wouldn’t surprise me if he left due to lack of playing time.

I’d keep him as a back up but I’d be surprised if he was a starter.

He's a McCall favourite though,  what I was saying about the blinkers. And with Shankland going..

He's a McCall favourite though,  what I was saying about the blinkers. And with Shankland going..

McCall has his wee group of loyal subjects. Moore, Crawford, Adams etc but I think he’ll know Moore ain’t at the standard to be our main striker.

He’ll likely want to keep him and add another established Championship striker. Might sound over the top but it’ll be a sackable offence to go into next season with Moore and Moffat as our only strikers. Tbh whoever we sign I’m confident they’ll score a few goals if we pair him with Moffat.

Archived