Championship Worst Player Of The Season 2018/2019

Dennon Lewis

Not one single highlight with us. Wasn’t quick, couldn’t play football, was a shitebag, couldn’t do anything. Just shite.

Calling out fans on twitter for calling him shite too lol.

‘We’ll see pal’

Was it not racism that he called the fans out for?

Or was there more than one incident?

Was it not racism that he called the fans out for?

Or was there more than one incident?

That was a different incident all together, we still never really got anything back from the club regarding that it was handled horrendously.

The one I’m on about was a fan on twitter said something along the lines of he had ‘a long way to go’ iirc.

He then tweeted back ‘we’ll see pal’

He was then released about 2 months later :lol:

8 hours ago, Sloop John B said:

The stand out worst player from the season is probably Alan Martin, a man who comes off his line  less than Phillipe Petit.  Giving the middle finger to the home fans in his last game was the most assertive move he made in a number of months. I suspect he's not coming back from his 'back injury' and will no doubt surface at some League One side next year.

When we had Martin he was absolute class. Always wanted him to come back. Admittedly that was almost 10 years ago. Is it possibly one of these situations where his heart isn't in it due to unseen circumstances?

I'll probably get shot down for this, but I'd take him at Ayr next year if Doohan's services can't be retained

12 hours ago, eez-eh said:

He’s started one game and had a handful of 10 minute cameos as a sub. He didn’t play well on his only start but he didn’t stand out as being bad on his sub appearances and definitley has pace.

Impossible to write him off after the little anyone has seen of him - you’re being harsh and quite frankly talking shite really.

Re Nicky - yeah - to be fair I was being too harsh. More a reaction to Robbie being cited as our worst player of the season. Let's just say I haven't been impressed with what I've seen so far. Not made any real impact at any point yet but agree he hasn't had much time. That said, he can't be impressing in training though either now,  and has now dropped off the bench.  

14 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m not gonna throw any Ayr player into this as I genuinely don’t believe any of them have been that bad. Daniel Harvie has been poor for a while but he’s started to come back to form and he started the season really well.

Harvie was sent off twice in his first three matches!

13 hours ago, Comrie said:

Kelly just isn't overly good.

That's very harsh IMO.  His passing quality was badly missed when he was out.  County were so dominant in the first 20 mins against ICT partly beacuse of the tempo, but also for the second time in 2019 County had a full-back who could clip balls forward that were accurate and easy to control (the first time being the cup win vs Motherwell, I'm not counting the game he got injured early on vs Alloa).   I remember you were bigging up a pinger of a Vigurs cross-field ball to Mullin earlier in the season (home win vs Ayr?)  that was actually played by Kelly.

His passing became more loose as the recent match vs ICT went on, but not any more so than the rest of the team.

On the flipside, he is slow at getting back in position and a counter-attacking team can get a lot of joy on that, so I find it difficult to see how he can hold that position down in the top flight if County are promoted. However SFSK rate him and I can see why.

14 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Pick one player from your side and explain why they were so bad. Falkirk spoiled for choice here. They must have played actual first team football even just as a sub.

Dunfermline

Robbie Muirhead

He was bought to seemingly help with our lack of goals and has a good background at Hearts, Killie and laterly MK Dons. Alan Johnston actually left Kilmarnock due to the chairman selling him on without asking.

Turns out he plays wide, but he’s six foot, unfit and seemingly can’t be arsed to try. He played against Patrick and got booed off leading to him shouting at our fans. My only other memories of him is one long shot hitting the post and him coming on against Raith in the cup and falling over.

He can’t even make the bench now and is behind youth players in the pecking order.

Probably the worst signing from AJ and maybe one for his ego after losing him at Killie. Utter disaster.

Johnston used that as a convenient excuse to leave before he got sacked. He constantly misused Muirhead as a left-winger at Killie despite him obviously being a centre-foward, and it seems like he repeated that again at Dunfermline.

10 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Dennon Lewis

Not one single highlight with us. Wasn’t quick, couldn’t play football, was a shitebag, couldn’t do anything. Just shite.

Calling out fans on twitter for calling him shite too lol.

‘We’ll see pal’

I agree with this completely although Dallison and ToE would run him close.

I went to my first game in 1978 and would be hard pushed to name a player with less skill, strength, heart or desire than Lewis.

I agree with this completely although Dallison and ToE would run him close.
I went to my first game in 1978 and would be hard pushed to name a player with less skill, strength, heart or desire than Lewis.

I can’t even remember Toe. Dallison was horrendous as well but for the sheer disappointment factor I’m giving it to Lewis.

The worst opposition performance was Jamie "Black and White Minstrel" Robson, who literally gave Josh Mullin the freedom of the pitch, and gave Billy Mckay his confidence back in the course of 90 minutes.  Seemingly he's back in the side and playing a bit better, but lordy he was bad that day.

County's worst player is Van Der Weg, unless he can shift some of that muscle.  I love him, and he'll beat up your team's most violent player easily, but he's carrying a lot of bulk at the moment and he's slower than he ever was as a result.

14 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Surprised there's not been a shout for Muirhead, his performance against us is the worst defensive performance I've seen since Mhedi Khalis was a thing. 

In other seasons Muirhead would have been up there... down there... but he’s not even remotely close to being worst out of Hartleys utter dross. And, he is genuinely superb at penalty kicks. 

Perm any other of Hartleys disasters for dishonourable mentions, but as picked out by nearly all Bairns on here, Dennon Lewis and Marcus Haber are the two worst specimens in this category, for any season, ever.  Spineless, talentless wasters whose contributions were worse than non-existent, they were actually negative.  Utter c@nts, the pair of them.  

Edited by Dennistoun Bairn

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

That's very harsh IMO.  His passing quality was badly missed when he was out.  County were so dominant in the first 20 mins against ICT partly beacuse of the tempo, but also for the second time in 2019 County had a full-back who could clip balls forward that were accurate and easy to control (the first time being the cup win vs Motherwell, I'm not counting the game he got injured early on vs Alloa).   I remember you were bigging up a pinger of a Vigurs cross-field ball to Mullin earlier in the season (home win vs Ayr?)  that was actually played by Kelly.

His passing became more loose as the recent match vs ICT went on, but not any more so than the rest of the team.

On the flipside, he is slow at getting back in position and a counter-attacking team can get a lot of joy on that, so I find it difficult to see how he can hold that position down in the top flight if County are promoted. However SFSK rate him and I can see why.

You are right, it was the home game against Ayr and it was in Kelly's defence an absolute peach of a ball. His passing game is the only thing I can see any form of quality from, but he's so hesitant physically for a big man and is possibly even worse than Watson for misjudging high balls I get worried every time a lofted ball goes near him.

From a County perspective I'm unsure who else would be a shout for worst player than him and McManus.  Cowie or Fraser for not performing anywhere near what they've done in the past?

54 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The worst opposition performance was Jamie "Black and White Minstrel" Robson, who literally gave Josh Mullin the freedom of the pitch, and gave Billy Mckay his confidence back in the course of 90 minutes.  Seemingly he's back in the side and playing a bit better, but lordy he was bad that day.

Robson is playing left-mid with a left-back behind him, which is why he's playing better.

21 minutes ago, Comrie said:

From a County perspective I'm unsure who else would be a shout for worst player than him and McManus.  Cowie or Fraser for not performing anywhere near what they've done in the past?

I wouldn't necessarily pick anyone from the regulars.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

County's worst player is Van Der Weg, unless he can shift some of that muscle.  I love him, and he'll beat up your team's most violent player easily, but he's carrying a lot of bulk at the moment and he's slower than he ever was as a result.

I'm afraid I'd very much disagree here.

Used well he is excellent, he looks slower than he actually is, and his crossing is up there with the very best of the rest, although he's clearly not always comfortable being up on the final third.

I'd be happy to keep him next season.

Muirhead running down the line at Starks and tripping up on the ball will not be forgotten for a long time. Truly hopeless. That being said we've been collectively pretty rubbish for most of the season, rather than one or two players dragging down the side.

A reminder that Leo Fasan is currently tied 5th for Falkirk Player of the Year in the local paper, despite having not played for the club since early December.

Too many candidates, I wouldn't argue with the already suggested posts for Ntambwe, Storer, or Bell. The most horrifying thing about McGinty was we were signing him if we'd stayed up last season, although similar to my vote he somehow might have been better a level up.

Niall Keown for me, from a guy who looked like a star in 2017 and no-one questioned paying a fee for him to an absolute haddie both last season and this, rumours of terrible attitude as well. Christ knows how we managed to swap him for Anderson, who while past his best at least actually tries.