Stenhousemuir v Raith Rovers

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Amazed there isn’t a match thread. Three points here please and a Montrose win to bring the title closer to Stark’s Park.

Image result for garry o'connor gif

We're probably one of the only teams no really "fighting" for anything. We are going to finish either 2nd or 3rd.

Stenny have picked up some cracking results so I see a tough game ahead. Cracking wee ground tho and hopefully a decent support through. 

It would be nice to go into the playoffs having won more than two games in a row at some point. 

Despite Stenny being bottom they have the 'fighting for their lives' factor in their favour and have picked up some decent results. Couple that with the fact last week was our first away win this calendar year (how disgusting is that) then this looks tricky. However, it is a game we really should be winning. It would be great to go on a run and get a few more wins (and illusive clean sheets) away from home in the run up to the play offs.

Atmosphere on the last trip at the 1-3 game was cracking. Have a feeling it will be far more subdued this time! Either way, I'm unfortunately missing the game which is a shame because its a brilliant wee terrace and the social club is class. To those jammy b*****ds enjoying pre game pints there on Saturday afternoon, enjoy!

Another week without a clean sheet and a 1-3 away win  is my prediction...

We've been pretty poor against Raith Rovers this season and I'd probably expect that to continue at the weekend. I don't think they're a particularly good team but they're better and harder than us and, in Kevin Nisbet, they have the division's most in-form player - where would they be without him!

That said, as others have pointed out, we'll be scrapping to get something from this contest. Results last Saturday on Tuesday night went exclusively in our favour and we've got an incredible chance to move off the bottom of the table when, just a week ago, we looked bereft. Can we take it? That's the big question!

I can't seen any reason to change from the team that defeated Dumbarton last week:

- McGuigan - Hurst -

- Donaldson - McBrearty - Dingwall - Ferry - Reid -

- Neill - Marsh - Munro -

- Smith -

I'd be delighted to take something from this.

I was actually quite impressed by Stenhousemuir last time out at Ochilview. Going forward, they had Harry Paton linking up with McGuigan, and both had solid games. It wouldn't surprise me to see a home win, but I'm hopeful that we can grind out a result. Moving towards the playoffs, we need to keep gaining momentum.

17 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

We've been pretty poor against Raith Rovers this season and I'd probably expect that to continue at the weekend. I don't think they're a particularly good team but they're better and harder than us and, in Kevin Nisbet, they have the division's most in-form player - where would they be without him!

That said, as others have pointed out, we'll be scrapping to get something from this contest. Results last Saturday on Tuesday night went exclusively in our favour and we've got an incredible chance to move off the bottom of the table when, just a week ago, we looked bereft. Can we take it? That's the big question!

I can't seen any reason to change from the team that defeated Dumbarton last week:

- McGuigan - Hurst -

- Donaldson - McBrearty - Dingwall - Ferry - Reid -

- Neill - Marsh - Munro -

- Smith -

I'd be delighted to take something from this.

Bear in mind, when we were hammered at Starks Park, the central defensive pairing for most of that game was Alan Reid and Jesus!! That combo above ought to be a little more robust.

Although I don’t do the camera work on many away games, I was at Rovers’ first visit this season. It was a great place to visit but unfortunately I can’t make this one. We’ve not got Daniel Armstrong this time so let’s see if any of boys can top his great goal from that game. Will try to have our highlights up around lunchtime on Sunday.

17 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I was actually quite impressed by Stenhousemuir last time out at Ochilview. Going forward, they had Harry Paton linking up with McGuigan, and both had solid games. It wouldn't surprise me to see a home win, but I'm hopeful that we can grind out a result. Moving towards the playoffs, we need to keep gaining momentum.

Come to think of it, we actually gave you a decent game at Ochilview last time around and, if memory serves me correctly, we could have drawn the match but Daniel Armstrong scored a stunner at the death to kill off any chances.

11 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

Bear in mind, when we were hammered at Starks Park, the central defensive pairing for most of that game was Alan Reid and Jesus!! That combo above ought to be a little more robust.

My word!

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Changed days eh,hoping Raith Rovers can grind out out a result against Stenhousemuir,wow!

2 minutes ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Changed days eh,hoping Raith Rovers can grind out out a result against Stenhousemuir,wow!

Stenny are fighting for survival in this league and have beaten better sides than us this season. 

Presumptuous and disrespectful to assume we can just turn up and get a result. 

Archived