2 from 8

In addition to then 3 way relegation battle at the bottom of the top flight we also have 5 Championship teams who could still end playing in the top flight next season (the playoffs really have helped make things exciting each season).

Teams are:

Hamilton

St Mirren

Dundee

Dundee Utd

Ross County

Ayr

Dunfermline

Caley

Purpose of the thread is simple, which two clubs from this 8 (or possibly 7 by the start of next season depending how quickly the takeover will happen) do you want to see in next years top flight and why?

For me it’s very easy - Ayr and St Mirren. Ayr for obvious reasons. St Mirren for the away days. Both also because I would fancy us to finish above them even if SSC leaves in the summer and we revert back to our normal level of shitness.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We aren't going up either.

County have won the league and it'll be United against Dundee or St Mirren in the play off.  Probably with the Premiership team prevailing over the 2 legs.

Dundee United vs Dundee in the playoff is the one we all want surely.

That and ICT shocking Celtic in the cup final after Kilmarnock have pipped Rangers to 2nd, obviously.

4 minutes ago, Estragon said:

That and ICT shocking Celtic in the cup final after Kilmarnock have pipped Rangers to 2nd, obviously.

I think I speak for the majority of Dundee fans when I say I don’t want this at all! 

13 minutes ago, Estragon said:

This..  I've always enjoyed the Dundee Derby, it's usually entertaining stuff.. 

3 from 8 surely, if you're including Hamilton in that?

Ross County look like they're straight back up. For the other spots, I'd like to see Hamilton survive for the diddy alliance. Ayr coming up would be insane for them, but if we can do back-to-back promotions then so can Ayr. Wouldn't mind seeing United come back up, I've got some fond memories of Tannadice after last year. Would also be happy to see St Mirren stay up, as they're shite and wont get much better next season so we're more likely to survive.

A dundee derby would be great for the playoffs but I think they will finish bottom unfortunately.

Not a Hamilton hater as the fact they have managed to stay in the top league for so long probably says a lot about how other clubs are badly run.  I would fancy Dundee Utd to beat them though in a play off.

St Mirren have been struggling from day 1 but I quite like Oran Kearney and even Jimmy Nicholl ffs but again would fancy Utd to take care of them.

ETA- would be happy happy to see any of the championship contenders go up as they all offer cracking away days.

Hamilton need to go down.

The footballing equivalent of a dose of Ebola

At least Ebola has an unknown and exotic quality to it. You don’t know where it came from, you don’t know who it’s going to strike down next.

Hamilton Accies on the other hand, are depressingly dull and predictable. Hopefully they go the same way as smallpox.

49 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Dundee to annoy the Arabs and Dunfermline because it's been a while 

Agree with this but Dunfermline for the Stephen's bridies.

ETA. Unfortunately, Hamilton aren't going down and I doubt Dunfermline will manage to come up either.

I'd quite like to see Ayr promoted but wouldn't they have to ground share with Killie as Somerset Park wouldn't be fit for SPFL football? 

Aside that, anyone but Dundee United. Can't stand that club and it's arrogant followers. The 'poor mans' Aberdeen!

5 minutes ago, MJC said:

I'd quite like to see Ayr promoted but wouldn't they have to ground share with Killie as Somerset Park wouldn't be fit for SPFL football? 

Aside that, anyone but Dundee United. Can't stand that club and it's arrogant followers. The 'poor mans' Aberdeen!

What sort of football are Ayr playing at the minute?

I mean, we're dead in the water so it won't happen, but since it's who we want to stay up/get promoted, I'll go with Dundee (go figure) and pretty much any of the Championship playoff teams outside United (Ayr, ICT, Dunfermline), just for a bit of variety.

Archived