2 from 8

57 minutes ago, sjc said:

^^^Definitely nothing to do with them being loathed by Rangers/Rangers*...... absolutely not. No siree!

I never even mentioned Rangers FFS. Yet again, there's some folk who just can't help themselves bring Rangers into a discussion/thread that has absolutely nothing to do with them. :lol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MJC said:

I never even mentioned Rangers FFS. Yet again, there's some folk who just can't help themselves bring Rangers into a discussion/thread that has absolutely nothing to do with them. :lol:

^^^5ca4c067ab8ef_24058829_1690019734393955_3659724987452801506_n(1).jpg.0dea492e25e06ece771c853e8ab25f79.jpg

51 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I used to like the old Love Street but the new stadium is in an awful soulless location

This, sadly.

At least it's still fairly central and not too far from some decent Paisley pubs, but it's not a patch on Love Street.

In terms of bad away days, St Johnstone, Accies, Livi and St Mirren are the four horsemen of the apocalypse in the Premiership.

Would trade them for County, Caley, United and Ayr in a heartbeat.

Bring back the old SPL entry criteria but change it to number of nearby pubs and train stations, IMHO.

11 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

In terms of bad away days, St Johnstone, Accies, Livi and St Mirren are the four horsemen of the apocalypse in the Premiership.

Bring back the old SPL entry criteria but change it to number of nearby pubs and train stations, IMHO.

Accies will be just fine then.

21 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Good for train stations, shite for pubs. Unless you expect me to drink in a Sainsbury's car park.

There is a single pub - the Vaults - within easy walking distance of the ground, and curiously, it doesn't appear to be rammed on match days (or at least it wasn't last time Hibs played there), so it's maybe all the pub you need. I'm not sure whether that's a comment on the size of Hamilton's home support or the locals know something the rest of us don't.

20 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Good for train stations, shite for pubs. Unless you expect me to drink in a Sainsbury's car park.

I would expect you to drink in the pubs that are a short stroll from the ground - Vaults, Bar West, Tap Room, Bay Horse ?

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

All I want is a Dundee Derby in the Playoff Final 

It’s what we all want and anyone who says otherwise is ill or lying 

... or supports one of the Dundee Teams.  It would be like the Hearts Hibs Cup final but with the prospect of defeat being even more terrifying.

For the rest of us it would be excellent entertainment

We'd all have to adopt sides on some arbitrary basis

As they're on either side of the same street presumably one of them has an odd numbered address and one of them an even numbered one.

I'll be backing the even numbered one

5 hours ago, thruthenight said:

3 from 8 surely

Only if 3 teams are being relegated from the top flight this season and I've missed a rule change.

5 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

haha what on earth

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I used to like the old Love Street but the new stadium is in an awful soulless location

For us St Mirren away generally has our biggest away support of the season due to the locations of both towns.  Stadium location is shite I agree.

18 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Only if 3 teams are being relegated from the top flight this season and I've missed a rule change.

You've mentioned 3 premiership teams in your initial post so if you pick 2 of them to stay up, the other has to be relegated and you'd have to pick a third side form the Championship to come up.

I think Dundee would beat Utd in a play off final based on what I've seen from both teams this season (little admittedly) I want Dunfermline to come up as it's a great away day. So Dunfermline and Ross County to go up, Dundee & St Mirren to go down (nothing to do with 86 just both meh teams imo)

Ideally Dundee and St Mirren down, two of Ayr, ICT and Dunfermline up.

Miss Dunfermline games, and enjoy the trip to Inverness. Ayr are a team I've never seen Saints face.

County are just a dreadful side completely. Having a second tier containing United, Dundee, St Mirren and Falkirk would be great entertainment for members of the "diddy alliance", as they all roundly seethe about how unfair it is clubs with sub-2000 home supports are better than them.

48 minutes ago, MotherwellFan said:

You've mentioned 3 premiership teams in your initial post so if you pick 2 of them to stay up, the other has to be relegated and you'd have to pick a third side form the Championship to come up.

Oh my god.

There are 2 relegation spots in the top flight (11th and 12th).  This means a maximum of 2 clubs from the 3 relegation threatened clubs and 5 promotion chasing clubs can be in the top flight next season.  Out of the 8 clubs, what two do you want to see in the top flight next season.

52 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Oh my god.

There are 2 relegation spots in the top flight (11th and 12th).  This means a maximum of 2 clubs from the 3 relegation threatened clubs and 5 promotion chasing clubs can be in the top flight next season.  Out of the 8 clubs, what two do you want to see in the top flight next season.

Oh dear...

You didn't mention 9 Premiership clubs in your list (because they aren't shite enough to be in danger of relegation). Therefore, to complete a 12 team top flight next season, 3 of the clubs listed have to be in the Premiership.

So it's 3 from 8 that need to be picked.

11 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Oh dear...

You didn't mention 9 Premiership clubs in your list (because they aren't shite enough to be in danger of relegation). Therefore, to complete a 12 team top flight next season, 3 of the clubs listed have to be in the Premiership.

So it's 3 from 8 that need to be picked.

Ah ok then I pick Dunfermline, Ayr and Ross County. 

There is a single pub - the Vaults - within easy walking distance of the ground, and curiously, it doesn't appear to be rammed on match days (or at least it wasn't last time Hibs played there), so it's maybe all the pub you need. I'm not sure whether that's a comment on the size of Hamilton's home support or the locals know something the rest of us don't.
The locals and, I assume, a lot of visiting fans know that Bar West and The Tap Room are much better pubs and only about 50 yards further away.

Archived