Falkirk v Alloa, Saturday, 6th April 19

Haven't done ourselves justice against Falkirk this season, which doesn't bode well. That said, team were absolutely terrific last week and could have scored a few goals against County. Hopefully we will go with a similar approach tomorow and have a real go at Falkirk. 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Was just saying this to a colleague this morning. Goodwin has done an excellent job there, I imagine there'll be a lot of teams looking at him for next season.

Really nervous for this game, would take any kind of win. I think we've got a decent squad now and it's still in our hands but for whatever reason we still look a bit disjointed going forward. 

2-1 Bairns with me watching the second half through my fingers.

The problem for me is we don't look like a team playing to go forward. I think if we were to go at teams we could have ended up with a few more points. 

Pressure is all on McKinnon and his team selection to win this game. I don’t think there is going to be much in the way of excuses for him if it goes wrong (especially if he adopts ultrasafe mode yet again).

I think the key to beating Alloa could be to play with width. Most of Alloa's success has been at home on a very narrow pitch, so id be getting the ball wide to try and stretch them as they're probably more comfortable when compact

Id go with 

Burgoyne

McKenna Edge Dixon

McGhee                                                  Robson

Osman     Paton

McShane

Jarvis            Rudden

I think it will be a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 tho with no Robson

As much as we have a few to choose from now, its still a sorry state

As with the Ross county game  we were due something and  we obliged ,we are due a result against the bairns and I have a good feeling for this 

Can't make it due to family commitments though .. Gutted.  :(

pressure is all Falkirk's  .

3 hours ago, Rocco said:

I think the key to beating Alloa could be to play with width. Most of Alloa's success has been at home on a very narrow pitch, so id be getting the ball wide to try and stretch them as they're probably more comfortable when compact

But We lost both home games to  you and got a better result at nouvea brockvillia

Still insist we play better away bar the results , 

As with the Ross county game  we were due something and  we obliged ,we are due a result against the bairns and I have a good feeling for this 
 Can't make it due to family commitments though .. Gutted.  [emoji20]
pressure is all Falkirk's  .

Why is the pressure all Falkirk’s?
Are you not below us?

It is pretty indicative of how far we've fallen that a game against Alloa is judged as season defining but that is where we are now and it's not the time to dwell on it. Hopefully the fans are back on the case of the gruesome twosome once we have escaped relegation.

In the meantime we have to win this -  C'mon Falkirk in the spirit of all those great  Bairns teams before you .......ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!     

8 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Why is the pressure all Falkirk’s?
Are you not below us?

None of us expected to be anywhere near safety with 6 games to go and really just wanted to avoid a Brechin type season. Relegation however for Falkirk would be an absolute disaster for them. Seasons in the Championship are a bonus for us in the same way as Falkirk reaching the top flight, both are above our normal level. An away win today would make a very interesting last month.

None of us expected to be anywhere near safety with 6 games to go and really just wanted to avoid a Brechin type season. Relegation however for Falkirk would be an absolute disaster for them. Seasons in the Championship are a bonus for us in the same way as Falkirk reaching the top flight, both are above our normal level. An away win today would make a very interesting last month.
Naw. An away win today and we are down. Iv not been overly pessimistic but Tuesday night was a bit of a blow when it could have been a major lift.

For me a win today should see us avoiding automatic relegation at least, a loss today and I would be looking out my bucket and spade. Draw.... Well I would probably be mire seething with that than a loss.

Mon tae f**k Bairns

Guest Ecosse83

For some reason I'm expecting a comfortable 3-0 win today (I'm usually a pesomistic c***). I fully expect the team to use what happened the other night against QoS to our advantage and come flying out the traps.

5 or 6 pints and a few whisky chasers before the game, can't wait!

24 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

"plucky Alloa"

"hampered by their narrow pitch"  (utter pish btw, check the H&A table)

They're an annoying little gang & we deserve to go down if they beat us. Get out there & get them fucking pounded, Navy Blue.

They're also not doing anything that any non-joke part-time side have done since day dot. You'd think it was some sort of miracle that they've managed to win a couple of games this year. It's not like they're in a league with Barcelona and Real Madrid. 

Archived