Falkirk v Alloa, Saturday, 6th April 19

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pressure is on, but I think we'll do just enough to get the 3 points. We've won the two games at Alloa and should have seen out the first home one, but for some clownshoes goalkeeping and defending. Our tactics need to be more positive than our last few matches though. We got completely overrun by Thistle in the first half and only started playing in the second, but even that was quite tame.

Dont even know if I am making this one [emoji17] but have witnessed two wins against Alloa so absolutely no reason not to think we are in good shape to get a third.

We arent guilty of giving away cheap shitty goals like we gave them at home last time anymore, but the goals seem to be drying up for us a wee bit too...

This would feel so fucking different if we had seen it out lastnight.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Dont even know if I am making this one emoji17.png but have witnessed two wins against Alloa so absolutely no reason not to think we are in good shape to get a third.

We arent guilty of giving away cheap shitty goals like we gave them at home last time anymore, but the goals seem to be drying up for us a wee bit too...

This would feel so fucking different if we had seen it out lastnight.

Goals are drying up because we aint attacking nearly enough.

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Ray to play the Craig Levein formation of no strikers to ensure we get a hard worked draw.  Fans to defend it by saying  that's a decent result and we've only lost once this year.

Unfortunately I think you are right. Ray done well to start with but we now have good enough players to be winning games and his tactics are counter productive to this.

I was impressed with him at first but starting to become pissed off by his negativity.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Unfortunately I think you are right. Ray done well to start with but we now have good enough players to be winning games and his tactics are counter productive to this.

I was impressed with him at first but starting to become pissed off by his negativity.

images.jpg

What a big game this is. I think it's one both sides will feel they really have to win and a defeat would be a massive blow.

If Falkirk lose this will the supporters all be too embarrassed to show up at EEP the following week like when they body-swerved our title party in 2011? Would be a blow for the Pars Piggy Bank.

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

If Falkirk lose this will the supporters all be too embarrassed to show up at EEP the following week like when they body-swerved our title party in 2011? Would be a blow for the Pars Piggy Bank.

Wouldn’t have thought so. At least we can actually win a game at East End.

What a big game this is. I think it's one both sides will feel they really have to win and a defeat would be a massive blow.

I expect nothing less than 3 points at EEP.

Still banging on about this I see. I will give you my stock answer I was proud only 73 went. Would have been prouder if that number had been zero.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Still banging on about this I see. I will give you my stock answer I was proud only 73 went. Would have been prouder if that number had been zero.

The 73 should've been forced to attend the Pars first home top flight game for bringing shame to the club by attending that match if you ask me.

Have to say hats off to Alloa, many including myself had them relegated at the start of the season but to still be in the mix at this stage is fairly impressive. Just hope any joy the wasps have is not at the expense of the Bairns. 

2 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:

Have to say hats off to Alloa, many including myself had them relegated at the start of the season but to still be in the mix at this stage is fairly impressive. Just hope any joy the wasps have is not at the expense of the Bairns. 

Was just saying this to a colleague this morning. Goodwin has done an excellent job there, I imagine there'll be a lot of teams looking at him for next season.

Really nervous for this game, would take any kind of win. I think we've got a decent squad now and it's still in our hands but for whatever reason we still look a bit disjointed going forward. 

2-1 Bairns with me watching the second half through my fingers.

3 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:

Id swap their run in, albeit majority of games against teams around us being away, they have ICT and Ayr final two games in which maybe dead rubbers for the opposition

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

Was just saying this to a colleague this morning. Goodwin has done an excellent job there, I imagine there'll be a lot of teams looking at him for next season.

Really nervous for this game, would take any kind of win. I think we've got a decent squad now and it's still in our hands but for whatever reason we still look a bit disjointed going forward. 

2-1 Bairns with me watching the second half through my fingers.

Id cast that against majority of the teams in this league tho if not all, the teams

Ability or shitebagging it being the reason

Archived