Queens v Morton

9 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Only if neither of us slip up in the further two games we each have against the other sides in the relegation battle. It wouldn’t be a terrible result for either side, but if we’re going into the Falkirk game still needing to win it’ll be horrible, which is highly likely if we fail to win today or against Alloa, and I’m sure QoS will want to avoid going into the game against yourselves on the last day with anything at stake.

While a draw wouldn’t be a disaster for either team, it’ll leave us both right in it whereas a win would be a massive step to survival.

Could be pretty tight today. Down to Dobbie or Kiltie to make the difference is reckon.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a draw would be better for Morton than us as they are just ahead of us and they are away from home.

Ideally a win today with us not absolutely needing a win against Alloa. Says it all about this division that I fancy us more against Ayr on Tuesday than away to Alloa on Saturday.

Draw probably a fairer reflection though we look dangerous in spells. Morton are just as shite going forward as Falkirk but have been getting the ball wide and corners so there is always a chance they'll get something.

Jacobs only scores against Morton. Jacobs only scores peaches against Morton.

That is an absolutely classic Johansson half of football.

Look remotely competent in possession for the most part to the extent that a neutral might be deluded into thinking we’re the better team while creating nothing, sit very deep out of possession to frustrate the opposition, that works in terms of giving them no worthwhile possession around our box to let them create chances from open play, gradually sit deeper and deeper to the extent that the midfield are blindly shuffling from side to side in so deep a position that no one bothers their arse to shut down someone picking up the ball 30 yards from the goal, concede.

Luckily our tremendous record of coming from behind to win can give us hope for the second half.

We've not lost which is the main thing and a point was fair in both games this week but only taking 2 from a possible 6 at home to your relegation rivals may well come back to bite us on the arse. If we need to win against Partick on the final day we're going down/finishing 9th.

I thought we maybe just shaded it, but in the last twenty minutes, it felt like we were as likely to lose it as win it.  

Was anybody else struck by the complete absence of added on time in both halves? Such was the nature of the game, that not much was called for but it's unusual for there to be none, especially in the second half following a couple of substitutions.

A game with little incident or talking points. Another pretty unhelpful point, but three games without defeat now.

The Morton goalkeeper stopped us from winning with several cracking saves.

Marshall, Maguire and Wilson the best for us.

McGrath is laughably bad.

Meh.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Was anybody else struck by the complete absence of added on time in both halves? 

Absolutely. Mere seconds in the 1st half and about a minute in the 2nd. In other words enough to make up for about 3 throw-ins. There's never enough time added on. I thought there was a guideline that said it should be 30 seconds for a goal and 30 seconds for each sub. 

A few more observations/frustrations today...

When was the last time Andy Stirling took a shot on goal?

Why did everyone continually play the ball to Stirling and Marshall's feet, slowing down the play rather then letting them run on to it?

Why was Mikey Doyle kept back at corners, especially after winning a good header about midway through the 1st half?

A relief not to lose, but frustrated not to have not won. 2 points at home this week is disappointing.

Doyle and Marshall are our fastest defenders. Makes sense to keep them back to defend against the counter.

I also noticed the lack of stoppage time, very unusual, but then I also commented that there were very few free kicks or offsides.

The ref must’ve wanted into the bar to watch The Grand National.

Archived