Queens v Morton

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Would say Doyle is a better CB than Jim McAlister but I don't know if he's playing there because you have players out.

Waddle is out injured at the moment

6 hours ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

The most significant change is to get rid of Naysmith.

He has now taken us to the depths of the Division and in his time here has mostly subjected us to negative, unproductive and unattractive football.

That sounds familiar. 

On 4/6/2019 at 17:48, palmy_cammy said:

The Morton goalkeeper stopped us from winning with several cracking saves.

By the same token Gary Oliver stopped us winning the game by missing absolute sitters - I'm now counting down the days until that pointless sand-dancer finally gets his jotters. 

Strange game as I thought Morton were on top for large spells of both halves but Queens still created more chances. Tiredness became a serious issue for us in the last twenty minutes as our midfield completely fell out of the game, which made the manager's refusal to make any further subs all the more baffling. A deserved share of the spoils which was made much more satisfying by the scoreline in Grangemouth.

Related image

1ae67cca-ca80-46be-b127-ec8538f97254.jpg.b829f8154ecccc40c268a367c73a5245.jpg

27 minutes ago, virginton said:

By the same token Gary Oliver stopped us winning the game by missing absolute sitters - I'm now counting down the days until that pointless sand-dancer finally gets his jotters. 

Strange game as I thought Morton were on top for large spells of both halves but Queens still created more chances. Tiredness became a serious issue for us in the last twenty minutes as our midfield completely fell out of the game, which made the manager's refusal to make any further subs all the more baffling. A deserved share of the spoils which was made much more satisfying by the scoreline in Grangemouth.

Related image

1ae67cca-ca80-46be-b127-ec8538f97254.jpg.b829f8154ecccc40c268a367c73a5245.jpg

Not wishing to piss on your chips about Oliver, but you’ve been quick to temper my excitement about the prospect of Robert Thomson getting emptied by the club by reminding me how much of a tool JJ is.

What makes you think he won’t retain Oliver’s services?

14 minutes ago, Toby said:

Not wishing to piss on your chips about Oliver, but you’ve been quick to temper my excitement about the prospect of Robert Thomson getting emptied by the club by reminding me how much of a tool JJ is.

What makes you think he won’t retain Oliver’s services?

Because TTGJ foolishly thinks that Robert Thomson is the next Ján Koller while Oliver has barely got a look-in thanks to injuries. 

Because TTGJ foolishly thinks that Robert Thomson is the next Ján Koller while Oliver has barely got a look-in thanks to injuries. 

Was Thomson not quite good at Brechin and Dumbarton? Or am I thinking of someone else?

On Oliver though, I remember hearing Jim Duffy on the radio saying that out of all the guys at Morton Gary Oliver and Jai Quitongo have the biggest futures ahead of them. Since then one has made the headlines for hitting his girlfriend, chucked by a rubbish Thistle side and fucked off to play in Iran and the other has been injured on and off all season and will likely be playing in League 1 next season.

Buchanan had 3 claims for a penalty. Oddly enough the one I thought was a stick-on was the first one but he never really bothered complaining, just spoke to the ref about it. The 3rd one looked close as well but the post gets in the way. Morton's goal was well worked and I reckon Leighfield was unsighted/wasn't expecting a shot.

A lot of passing it wide for us throughout the game. We could really do with a threat on the end of crosses. Gutting Low is injured as he's the one midfielder likely to find a through ball. I expect he's out for the season now. I'd like to see him back next season but would be hoping for an initial 6 month contract.

Gutting Low is injured as he's the one midfielder likely to find a through ball. I expect he's out for the season now. I'd like to see him back next season but would be hoping for an initial 6 month contract.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up, it looks like he’s planning to slither off elsewhere:

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/17475149.greenock-footballer-low-mulls-over-move-to-america/

Though quite why anyone still wants to offer a deal to that permacrock is a mystery tbh.

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Buchanan had 3 claims for a penalty. Oddly enough the one I thought was a stick-on was the first one but he never really bothered complaining, just spoke to the ref about it. The 3rd one looked close as well but the post gets in the way. Morton's goal was well worked and I reckon Leighfield was unsighted/wasn't expecting a shot.

The first Buchanan one looks a penalty to me. I don't think he's ever going to get the 3rd one. Half a decent shout on the 2nd one too.

Morton's goal is never a shot. Telfer is just playing it into a danger area and it misses everyone, Leighfield sees it too late or he'd have thrown a cap over it.

I'd forgotten about Buchanan getting lucky dodging a red card for pulling back Dykes as he's going through too. There were defenders slightly behind on either side but realistically he's clean through on goal and Buchanan could have had no complaints at seeing red for it.

36 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The first Buchanan one looks a penalty to me. I don't think he's ever going to get the 3rd one. Half a decent shout on the 2nd one too.

Morton's goal is never a shot. Telfer is just playing it into a danger area and it misses everyone, Leighfield sees it too late or he'd have thrown a cap over it.

I'd forgotten about Buchanan getting lucky dodging a red card for pulling back Dykes as he's going through too. There were defenders slightly behind on either side but realistically he's clean through on goal and Buchanan could have had no complaints at seeing red for it.

It definitely looks like a shot. It's hit on his weaker foot, but in terms of technique he hits it like a shot. Leighfield isn't expecting it and sees it late - I don't think he's active enough in looking for a shot coming. He should be doing far better with that. 

7 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

It definitely looks like a shot. It's hit on his weaker foot, but in terms of technique he hits it like a shot. Leighfield isn't expecting it and sees it late - I don't think he's active enough in looking for a shot coming. He should be doing far better with that. 

Yes, I'm sure it's a shot too.  It was quite a clever one and the goalkeeper saw it too late.

I actually thought all three penalty shouts looks decent, especially the first one.  It also looked to me like Marshall might have won one as well, on the occasion when he was the one inexplicably penalised.

28 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, I'm sure it's a shot too.  It was quite a clever one and the goalkeeper saw it too late.

I actually thought all three penalty shouts looks decent, especially the first one.  It also looked to me like Marshall might have won one as well, on the occasion when he was the one inexplicably penalised.

I'll have to disagree with the two of you then. I was pretty much in line with it all the way and I never thought he was shooting. Just looked to me like he was knocking it into a dangerous position.

I didn't think the Marshall one was a penalty but I didn't think it was a foul by him either. There wasn't really anything in it. Both players tried to make it look like they'd been fouled. I'd have waved play on, in which case it went for a goal kick anyway.

24 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

All three could be considered a foul. It's rare to see the 2nd or 3rd one given as a penalty though. The 1st one is clear and right in the centre of the box - I have no idea why it wasn't given. I think Kilday is lucky to get away with the shout for Marshall, but I actually think he gets away with it because he ends up being pulled to the ground. Kilday is too slow and puts his arm up to block him off, and it's definitely a foul because he isn't in playing distance of the ball, but then Marshall grabs on to his arm as he is falling to the ground and pulls Kilday down with him. The foul was by Kilday in the first place and he was lucky to get away with that. 

Archived