Queens v Morton

Another huge game for both clubs .

Queens could really do with a win it will be another tight game just like  the Falkirk game .

Hopefully have a full squad for the game would drop McGrath get Aird out wide get Dykes back up top with Dobbie . 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 win in 9 takes on 1 win in 10, sure to be a classic!

Likely be another draw which is probably a slightly better result for us.

If we take at least 4 points from Queens(A) and Alloa( H)  on Tues, then hopefully that is enough. Can't see us taking many points from our last 4 games!

6 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Wilson in for Mcgrath, Todd wide left ad Dykes up top with Dobbie, please.

Why would we do something as stupid as playing our best available team in their strongest positions?  Isn't the idea to put square pegs in round holes, start the game slowly, change to a more sensible formation, and then praise the players for finishing strongly after a slow start?

It was seriously frustrating watching us very visibly hampering ourselves in the first half last night with that ridiculous formation.  I fear he will stick with it though as it got us a result.  The reality is though, we stole a point against a rank rotten Falkirk team that were there for the taking.  A better team would have put the game beyond us in the first half, like many have this season.

5 minutes ago, kenny18 said:

Very confused by that formation last night. McGrath looked well out of his depth.

I can only assume he's trying him out as a replacement for Dykes for next season.  Which is all very well, but can we at least wait until we are safe from relegation before we start fannying about with experimental formations.  The fact we only have Dykes for a handful of games means we should be getting us much out of him as we can before he departs.  He was absolutely wasted for an hour last night.  The exact same can be said for Todd.

Another game where you’d think a draw would be an okay result in isolation, but we’re too late in the season to take games in isolation. We need to win a game at some point and this is one of our least unlikely opportunities for it.

The same was true of Partick and we got thumped, taking a hammering is always on the cards with this team under this manager, but if we’re planning on a shitfesting a 1-0 in any of our remaining games then doing it while four teams are still below us would be nice.

Another game where you’d think a draw would be an okay result in isolation, but we’re too late in the season to take games in isolation. We need to win a game at some point and this is one of our least unlikely opportunities for it.
The same was true of Partick and we got thumped, taking a hammering is always on the cards with this team under this manager, but if we’re planning on a shitfesting a 1-0 in any of our remaining games then doing it while four teams are still below us would be nice.

You have a pretty decent record against us in recent times. Hopefully that will change though I wouldn’t bet on it in all honesty.

We were decent the last time out against Queens (they were very bad) but we didn’t really look in any danger of losing that game. I’d settle for a draw but 4 points from this and Alloa on Tuesday is an absolute must.

22 hours ago, madton said:

1 win in 9 takes on 1 win in 10, sure to be a classic!

Likely be another draw which is probably a slightly better result for us.

If we take at least 4 points from Queens(A) and Alloa( H)  on Tues, then hopefully that is enough. Can't see us taking many points from our last 4 games!

Why? Dundee US will be home and dry in 2nd come the last day, so reserves played v guys looking for a contract.

Alloa maybe our hardest game and Ton seem to win most matches away to Queens.

Picking our best players in their favoured positions and setting them on a positive course seems blatantly obvious but seldom happens. If it were to happen with the slight cushion that we have coupled with the best goal difference I would be reasonably confident that we could do enough to avoid the bottom two.

Morton invariably do very well at our place so under no illusions about the challenge.

By continually over thinking the opposition we turn every game into a real slog - it is not to say that you can’t grind out some results with this approach but over the piece it patently hasn’t worked and surely better to take control of our own destiny going all out for game changing wins.

9 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Why? Dundee US will be home and dry in 2nd come the last day, so reserves played v guys looking for a contract.

Alloa maybe our hardest game and Ton seem to win most matches away to Queens.

I still wouldn't fancy our chances against a fringe DU team out to impress to be involved in the playoffs( and also looking to earn contracts themselves) if that's how it plays out....

I hope you're right and they play their under 15s to give us half a chance but hopefully we are safe by then!

Parking at Ice Bowl next to Palmerston: 

There is a *Women's International Ice Hockey Tournament*  at the Ice Bowl this week so parking there may be limited if it's still on progress. 

*Jokes about the ice being covered in cracks would be in bad taste so please desist.*

7 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Parking at Ice Bowl next to Palmerston: 

There is a *Women's International Ice Hockey Tournament*  at the Ice Bowl this week so parking there may be limited if it's still on progress. 

*Jokes about the ice being covered in cracks would be in bad taste so please desist.*

There's no ice hockey games on tomorrow so it won't be too bad. The teams will each be there training at some point though so the tunnel between the east stand dressing rooms and the ice bowl might be up.

GB currently 0-0 with Mexico by the way, live on Freesports

2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Surely a draw would suit both clubs at the moment? I’ll stick that on my coupon anyway.

Only if neither of us slip up in the further two games we each have against the other sides in the relegation battle. It wouldn’t be a terrible result for either side, but if we’re going into the Falkirk game still needing to win it’ll be horrible, which is highly likely if we fail to win today or against Alloa, and I’m sure QoS will want to avoid going into the game against yourselves on the last day with anything at stake.

While a draw wouldn’t be a disaster for either team, it’ll leave us both right in it whereas a win would be a massive step to survival.

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Only if neither of us slip up in the further two games we each have against the other sides in the relegation battle. It wouldn’t be a terrible result for either side, but if we’re going into the Falkirk game still needing to win it’ll be horrible, which is highly likely if we fail to win today or against Alloa, and I’m sure QoS will want to avoid going into the game against yourselves on the last day with anything at stake.

While a draw wouldn’t be a disaster for either team, it’ll leave us both right in it whereas a win would be a massive step to survival.

Agreed.

A draw would not be disastrous for either of us, but that's a long way from saying it would suit us both.

The sides in trouble are only going to escape it with some wins.

Archived