Top 6 fixtures

Don’t really understand why Aberdeen’s don’t balance given the Top 6 looks like it will be the same as last season. Would have made sense to have had two home games v Hibs pre-split, as last season we had 2 trips to ER after 33 games.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Can see our trip to Ibrox being the penultimate game which is always midweek, it wont be one of the early ones as it could see us win the title at the asbestos arena, a scenario that would send shivers down the spine of the authorities. 

If your lot have wrapped up the title the week before going to aye brokes,

what are the chances of getting a guard of honour out of them?

9 minutes ago, micaley68 said:

If your lot have wrapped up the title the week before going to Ibrox, what are the chances of getting a guard of honour out of them?

Well given how much of a fuss Tavernier and Warburton made about Hibs not giving them one when they won the Championship, I'm sure they'll be perfectly respectful and give them a guard of honour. Anything else would be hypocrisy that surely wouldn't fit the Rangers mould of class, grace and decorum.

Spoiler

They'd sooner cross themselves than give Celtic a guard of honour.

Don’t really understand why Aberdeen’s don’t balance given the Top 6 looks like it will be the same as last season. Would have made sense to have had two home games v Hibs pre-split, as last season we had 2 trips to ER after 33 games.
Was going to ask the same thing.

12 hours ago, AR851903 said:

There are more moving parts than that with promoted sides to take into account and how many pre-split home games a side gets. If Aberdeen were home twice to Hibs pre split there would be other matches that would have to switch.

And balancing completely around the top 6 being the same is a bad bet since the top 6 has only repeated on one occassion before this season.

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Fixtures out tomorrow.  prettygood.png.93457e314351954ad9153502f2898bd3.png

I'm amazed it's as early as that given how long it took last year. I guess since they don't have to worry about fitting the Old Firm fixture into a midweek slot it's probably been an easier deal this year. 

55 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

In what is likely to be a dress rehearsal for the Cup Final six days later.

I see that they’ve deliberately kept the two cup finalists apart the week before the final.

Archived