Top 6 fixtures

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well given how much of a fuss Tavernier and Warburton made about Hibs not giving them one when they won the Championship, I'm sure they'll be perfectly respectful and give them a guard of honour. Anything else would be hypocrisy that surely wouldn't fit the Rangers mould of class, grace and decorum.
Spoiler

They'd sooner cross themselves than give Celtic a guard of honour.

Luckily we can rely on the Scottish media to ask this burning question to the Sevco captain if the situation arises.

Imagine Scott Browns face walking through.

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 19:43, Flybhoy said:

Just assumed there would be since there has always been one since I can remember the 'split' being in existence. No summer tournament in an odd numbered year so that might be a factor as no requirement for players to join up with pre WC/EC training camps I guess 

I don't think it's been explained why they've spread them out over 5 weekends this season - unless perhaps SFA didn't want Scottish Cup SFs played on Easter weekend (which is April 20th).

Steve Clark is quoted today as describing those responsible as the "Scottish Amateur League" because in his eyes they've have made a meal of it, by having 7 games in December and only 5 in "the spring". Now there were 5 weekends in December this year and Boxing Day fell midweek, so there would always have been 6 games, but he has a point as far as the 7th is concerned. Had the last set of pre-split games been next weekend, and the Scottish Cup SFs the following weekend, with the subsequent 4 weekends and the midweek of Wednesday 15th May used for the 5 post-split games, then 1 fewer midweek would have been needed over the winter. As it is the midweeks of Wednesday 24th April and Wednesday 15th May have gone unused, as indeed was New Year's Day.

15 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Don’t worry

Steve Clarke is on the case

"It's one of the vagaries of the Scottish amateur league, sorry the Scottish football league", he said.

"We've got five allocated Saturdays between now and the end of the season. So when we get really good weather we spread the games out but in the winter we pack them all together. It's really clever."

Quick question, why is the last set of fixtures allowed to kick off at different times this year?

What happens if going into the last day, there is the possibility of Hibs/Killie/Aberdeen/Rangers moving places in the league depending on results, and even goal difference? (Which looks highly likely at the moment)

As it stands Kille v Sevco kicks off at half 12, which means Hibs & Aberdeen will know the outcome before they play at 3. Surely that's not right?

I know they've moved the Killie Rangers game for TV, but why isn't the other games at the same time too?

1 hour ago, OSP said:

Quick question, why is the last set of fixtures allowed to kick off at different times this year?

What happens if going into the last day, there is the possibility of Hibs/Killie/Aberdeen/Rangers moving places in the league depending on results, and even goal difference? (Which looks highly likely at the moment)

As it stands Kille v Sevco kicks off at half 12, which means Hibs & Aberdeen will know the outcome before they play at 3. Surely that's not right?

I know they've moved the Killie Rangers game for TV, but why isn't the other games at the same time too?

Because it’s sevco and the media dictates what happens . The spineless and clueless blazers don’t see the problem with the arrangement as it stands 

1 hour ago, OSP said:

According to both google and the SPFL official website, Killie vs Sevco is at 3pm on Sunday, same as everyone else's. And because it's Sunday, that's a TV-friendly time for everyone. Where are you getting your information from?

Archived