Scottish Football Crisis Thread

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Its interesting reading especially at the lower levels were you can see evidence of both teams coming to blows after the end of games. :lol:

The match on Sunday if it was was compared to Juniors, Lowland League or EOSL it would have been quite normal and expected for a hard fought local derby with a bit of needle but nothing completely horrendous.

Indeed, I live close to Newlandfield park, had an old uncle used to go to all the Pollok  games. I remember going to a game years ago, absolute mayhem , punch ups on the park and  amongst supporters, sending offs the lot.  Uncle asked at the end " you enjoy the game" :lol:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

...the ones from less affluent backgrounds were always getting into trouble both in and out of school.  You know the type.

This is to make up for their own failings in life.

You don't see a connection here? You and a certain linesman would get along well.

I do agree that the police are being painted into a corner here and they don't seem aware of that, but I would also be fuming if I was a policeman who had briefed the Rangers and Celtic players before the match only to witness the behaviour of Morelos, Brown, Kent and Halliday. The Old Firm match has become a festival of stupidity where violence on the pitch is seemingly not only expected but encouraged.

7 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

I do agree that the police are being painted into a corner here and they don't seem aware of that, but I would also be fuming if I was a policeman who had briefed the Rangers and Celtic players before the match only to witness the behaviour of Morelos, Brown, Kent and Halliday. The Old Firm match has become a festival of stupidity where violence on the pitch is seemingly not only expected but encouraged.

Brown will definitely start the next Glasgow derby with a target on his back.
For me the police need to be more proactive than inactive making videos and taking picture just doesn't cut it.

In my view, football violence will never end, as long as they're shitting in our shoes, and we're spouting pish on Pie & Bovril.

26 minutes ago, energyzone said:
2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:
Brown will definitely start the next Glasgow derby with a target on his back.
For me the police need to be more proactive than inactive making videos and taking picture just doesn't cut it.

What would you suggest?

Waterboarding !

I try to look at this in an unbiased fashion.  Level headed and rational.  As far as I can see it. Both sides have an unreal amount of arseholes in their ranks. Both sides have players who are despised by the rest of the fans of the normal teams. Who's face would you rather slap? Brown or Morelos?

My conclusion? Shower of arseholes the lot of them.

I think it's unfair to pin this on Rangers and Celtic, and 100% right to broaden it out to a problem in Scottish football.

For example, last season against Hearts in the cup at Fir Park, tense game, players niggling at each other, fans getting rowdy, and then McHugh pops up with a last minute screamer, almost the last kick of the ball getting it right up them to send them crashing out and us to Hampden.

Walking out the ground and a group of 4 Hearts "fans" who had obviously targeted me and my mate as Motherwell fans, came straight towards us and said "How do we get back to the carpark at the Civic centre from here mate?". Obviously we're not for backing down so we started pointing the finger going "just head down there til you come to the crossroads mate, turn right and then go as far as you can. It's right across the road from there you can't miss it". At this point he actually taps me on the shoulder, right in front of the Old Bill and says "Cheers mate, all the best in the semi". I looked right at him and came right back with a few verbals that I'm ashamed of now, but at the games you're just not thinking with the same brain. Something along the lines of "better wipe the tears away before you drive!". And we all just walked away chuckling at what had just went down, and how close it had all came to utter carnage.

But that's just Scottish football for you, and I don't blame the fans. I'm not really like that but you change as a person for those 90 minutes.

42 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Brown

With a shovel

Endlessly

Good point well made.

Scott Brown looks like he should be driving around a Shitey scheme in a pishy Corsa with a pathetic body kit of sorts and the N-dubs blaring out as he goes.

What piece of garden equipment would you recommend for morellos pus?

Don't rugger players regularly punch each other on the field? 

But of course that's just "high jinks" amongst gentlemen and not blatant thuggery :rolleyes:

There was a crisis recently in L2- some of the younger Edinburgh City fans called Cowdenbeath "boring". Disgusting behaviour that should lead to lifetime bans all round. 

42 minutes ago, Al B said:

I think it's unfair to pin this on Rangers and Celtic, and 100% right to broaden it out to a problem in Scottish football.

For example, last season against Hearts in the cup at Fir Park, tense game, players niggling at each other, fans getting rowdy, and then McHugh pops up with a last minute screamer, almost the last kick of the ball getting it right up them to send them crashing out and us to Hampden.

Walking out the ground and a group of 4 Hearts "fans" who had obviously targeted me and my mate as Motherwell fans, came straight towards us and said "How do we get back to the carpark at the Civic centre from here mate?". Obviously we're not for backing down so we started pointing the finger going "just head down there til you come to the crossroads mate, turn right and then go as far as you can. It's right across the road from there you can't miss it". At this point he actually taps me on the shoulder, right in front of the Old Bill and says "Cheers mate, all the best in the semi". I looked right at him and came right back with a few verbals that I'm ashamed of now, but at the games you're just not thinking with the same brain. Something along the lines of "better wipe the tears away before you drive!". And we all just walked away chuckling at what had just went down, and how close it had all came to utter carnage.

But that's just Scottish football for you, and I don't blame the fans. I'm not really like that but you change as a person for those 90 minutes.

I've suffered from you b*****ds too. Before the cup semi final at Hampden fans of both clubs were mingling in a pub near the ground. I went to the loo and it all started when one of your guys asked me how I thought the game would go. I commented that it would depend on how Humphries played as he could rip us apart. OOFT...that was definitely wrong thing to say.  He immediately pounced on my words and retorted that it wasn't Humphries but Humphrey. I froze but as he finished drying his hands I managed to blurt out an apology. He then walked out chuckling saying that lots of folk make the same mistake and he hoped that I enjoyed the game. I can assure you that although we got cuffed 3-0 I made sure I enjoyed every second of it just in case I met him again afterwards and he asked for feedback. No more Well games for me. 

16 hours ago, Estragon said:

So long as reasonable people continue to defend the actions of utter neds and reprobates purely on the basis of a shared affection for a football team, nothing will change.

I couldn’t agree more with this. Personally, me and the people I know have, and will continue to condemn the lunatics in our support. Celtic and Rangers fans not so much. It’s because “the other lot do it, so we have to do it too.”

Scottish Footballs Crisis has nothing to do with players, officials, supporters or the Columbian man-child,

It's drugs, it's always drugs, ecstacy ended the last real period of serious football related armageddon

and cheap nasty cocaine is feeding this one, in a few years super strength Marijuana will be legalised, 

everyone will chill the phuq out and will all be wondering what the furore was about.

It's the circle of life.

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Don't rugger players regularly punch each other on the field? 

But of course that's just "high jinks" amongst gentlemen and not blatant thuggery :rolleyes:

There was a crisis recently in L2- some of the younger Edinburgh City fans called Cowdenbeath "boring". Disgusting behaviour that should lead to lifetime bans all round. 

Yup. Very regular occurrence as well. Ice Hockey has fights every single game, which are encouraged. Cricketers 'sledge' each other in every game. NFL players have elaborate goading celebrations.

The difference is that (most) fans at games in those sports aren't horrendous scum who use it as an excuse to go mental. In fact most fans of Scottish clubs, except Celtic and Sevco, aren't horrendous scum who use it as an excuse to go mental.

Archived