The broath v the mo

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Champions with a win and defeats for Raith and Forfar. Montrose could be in a playoff spot if they thump Brechin tonight. I’d be ok with same starting XI as at Station Park but fear we will be missing our maestro Bobby Linn.

Feeling much better about this game knowing that your chances of winning the league against us are now improbable. Really hoping that we can turn up and give you lot a good competitive game. If we win tonight that will be three wins on the bounce and we should have a good amount of confidence in the squad to give sat a good go.

Saturday could be a right good game,Both sets of teams out for the win.If Lights oot Linn from Charleston is out that is mega bonus for us seen enough of him over the years right good player on his day.Feeling confident about this one think we can go and win here.

Think stopping the rot could be really important here. A win would mean other teams have to go through the last 4 games flawless. Just win by any means necessary. If bobby is out I'd play McKenna and switch between a 4-4-2 and 4-3-3. Even just putting him in behind the strikers, Gold and Whatley have enough about them to get out wide and help Thomson and Hamilton if needed imo.

Back 5

Gold Swankie Whatley

McKenna in front

Wallace Doris uptop

Although Gold left and McKenna right I'd also be happy with

Happy with McKenna and Gold on wings if Linn is out, if we are lucky and he is ok then I’d have him and Gold on wings and a McKenna and Whatley in middle, 

I think the most important thing is that Doris and Wallace start up top but I’m not confident in that at all happening 

Pressure on Arbroath to win - for the Mo it's a bit of a bonus to be in a decent situation with not so much pressure. Pack the side with experience again as per the last 3 games and see what happens. Big difference though is that we aren't playing a side in the bottom three this Saturday and who were all fairly toothless. Think the Smokies will be a tad better than Stenny, Stranny and Brechin. But, the Mo are on a bit of a roll and Arbroath are the only team in L1 we haven't beaten this season - yet.

Pressure on Arbroath to win - for the Mo it's a bit of a bonus to be in a decent situation with not so much pressure. Pack the side with experience again as per the last 3 games and see what happens. Big difference though is that we aren't playing a side in the bottom three this Saturday and who were all fairly toothless. Think the Smokies will be a tad better than Stenny, Stranny and Brechin. But, the Mo are on a bit of a roll and Arbroath are the only team in L1 we haven't beaten this season - yet.

Good reverse psychology there kid.
All pressure on Montrose. We’re walking towards a league title and Montrose tinks scraping a play off place.

All pressure on Montrose. We’re walking towards a league title and Montrose tinks scraping a play off place.
"Montrose tinks" Stay classy their kid.
No pressure on us at all Saturday.

5 hours ago, A.K. Barr said:

I wasn't aware Lesmahagow were walking towards a league title!

Three points against Arbroath would be a big boost as we face a run-in with tough matches.

Everything to play for, not much to lose, as target of avoiding the drop looks likely to have been achieved.

I say this being deadly serious, apart from maybe Dillon I don’t think any Montrose players would get anywhere near our team so on paper we should be looking to win comfortably.

However they seem a very well drilled unit and Petrie is a very astute manager who i think the mo will struggle to hang onto. Expecting very difficult game, Linn is a huge miss so time for the others to step up and perform.

24 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Petrie is doing nicely at the mo and will get his chance at a big club when dick calls it a day

Arbroath FC fans: obsessed with dick and the size of their club.

Petrie is doing nicely at the mo and will get his chance at a big club when dick calls it a day
You boy's had your chance with Petrie and blew it he love's it at the Mo.Lets see how the "Big club" get on next year in the championship.

Guessing there will be segregation?  Would prefer if there wasn’t, but if there is would like for us not to give half our ground away, The day we won league under Sheerin Montrose only got the corner at pleasureland, Would like to see that happen again,

Onto the game still disappointed there is no updates on how Linn is

Pressure on both teams for this one, a win for us basically seals the title and a win for Montrose with east fife dropping points would see them go into the playoff positions, so both teams with a lot to play for.

Can see this ending in a draw with Montrose picking up a lot of points the last few weeks and us not playing anything near what we were the first half of the season although I thought we played quite well last week, bobby will be a big loss for us, so I’d go with McKenna and gold on the wings and give Wallace and Doris another chance up top, thought they played well last week.

Archived