Aberdeen v Motherwell

Guest Bob Mahelp

Deserved that. Better team over the 90 minutes without ever being brilliant. McGinn again stepping up when required, with his second goal one that basically nobody else in a Dons jersey would have executed - he can be frustrating, but he still doesn't get enough praise for what he has done and continues to do for Aberdeen. Shinnie excellent in the first half, Lowe also very good. 

Still some concerns defensively, and a better finish from Grimshaw in stoppage time would have seen the game end 2-2 rather than 3-1.

Cosgrove still isn't a lone striker. Probably have to wait until the summer to address that in some way, though, as I don't think we currently have a player capable of performing that role much better than he is at the moment. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I utterly adore Niall McGinn. 

Radio for me tonight but sounds like a couple of cracking goals. He's in fantastic form (5 in 5 for club and country?), will no doubt score against Dundee (always does) right on time for the cup semi......

That's a MASSIVE win. 

Loved Niall running for the bench after the 2nd and every outfield player joining him. Big for the team morale.

Deserved win, should have added to the single goal in the first half. Shinnie drove us forward really well.

Lost some momentum in the 2nd half and the game went a bit stale. Too often Cosgrove was the man wide during attacks.

Huge 3pts though, need to follow it up on Sat.

Aye big win  just what we needed.   my man the match was Ferguson  , but understand Lowe getting it as he was like winger the first half.  Shinnie ,Mcginn  running them close .

Agree regards Cosgrove he needs someone along side him and no surprise his goals mostly came with May  up with him.

Well we are back on track and at last a 90 minute performance.  Mcginn on form is massive for us.

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Having watched the footage, I'm upgrading Richard Tait's assist from through ball to shroo ball and giving it an 8.1 on the Scotty Allan Scale.  Leo.jpg.3c5b077d584b459ed35ccd4d0ffd8ef0.jpg

Tait.gif.4048a159de08c040ed8f992e56feae2c.gif

It was a lovely pass, but tbh Motherwell were one-dimensional by trying the same move time after time last night.

It worked that time, but another 20 times the pass was off target or cut out. In the end it became really easy to work out what Motherwell were going to do.

That was much better last night, and for the first time in a while, we never fell out of the game at any point. For me Shinnie was man of the match, as he was everywhere on the pitch and had a couple of more than decent shots in the first half. We need more of that in the coming games, and as it looks like four of our last six games will be away from home, we need to get our away performances back on track after last Saturday. The defence is still looking a bit shaky, with the goal last night, and the guy that slipped in for the header in injury time. I would have Devlin back in for Considine. Harsh on Andy, but Devlin is the better player.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It was a lovely pass, but tbh Motherwell were one-dimensional by trying the same move time after time last night.

It worked that time, but another 20 times the pass was off target or cut out. In the end it became really easy to work out what Motherwell were going to do.

Was surprised to hear Robinson say they dominated. We were letting them have a lot of the ball and were very quickly getting it back.

Motherwell have some very talented youngsters. Campbell looked a bit off it but he'll be a very good player in the years to come if Motherwell can keep hold of him. Wasn't too impressed with Hastie. His movement was great and very well taken goal but can't remember him beating a man on the wing once. Is he a striker?

4 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Was surprised to hear Robinson say they dominated. We were letting them have a lot of the ball and were very quickly getting it back.

One of the most overused words in football, and best kept for S&M dungeons.

image.png.27d7943c617214438005621f4159cac0.png

2 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

One of the most overused words in football, and best kept for S&M dungeons.

image.png.27d7943c617214438005621f4159cac0.png

I read the BBC text at half time and Willie Miller had said Motherwell deserved to be level as they had been effective. Thought that was strange as we broke a number of times but the final ball just wasn't there or we missed the chance.

4 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Motherwell have some very talented youngsters. Campbell looked a bit off it but he'll be a very good player in the years to come if Motherwell can keep hold of him. Wasn't too impressed with Hastie. His movement was great and very well taken goal but can't remember him beating a man on the wing once. Is he a striker?

I think the most accurate term for Hastie is an 'attacker'. He was absolutely on fire when he first came into the team but teams have started doubling up on him and he's not quite got the nouse to get around it yet. 

I would happily watch Campbell run about tackling folk forever.

1 minute ago, well fan for life said:

I think the most accurate term for Hastie is an 'attacker'. He was absolutely on fire when he first came into the team but teams have started doubling up on him and he's not quite got the nouse to get around it yet. 

I would happily watch Campbell run about tackling folk forever.

He had a tough time up against Lowe who's been one of the best left backs in the league this season. His movement for his goal was top class though.

Campbell was up against our Campbell and was trying to bully him but didn't really manage to prevent him from playing his game. Came more in to it when we reverted to a middle 2 but he was sacrificed near the end for Frear (I think). He was lightning quick and looked like he could have done a job from the start.

Archived