Aberdeen v Motherwell

Guest Bob Mahelp

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a massive game for Aberdeen which we have to sort out our home form or this season or if we don't win the cup then this season will be a massive failure if we don't qualify for Europe.   If we do qualify for Europe then 6 in a row which we haven't done since 1986/87 season. 

Motherwell have been very good since the break winning 7 out of 10 in the league. This is going to be really tough for us, hope we are up for the battle

47 minutes ago, betting competition said:

This is a massive game for Aberdeen which we have to sort out our home form or this season or if we don't win the cup then this season will be a massive failure if we don't qualify for Europe.   If we do qualify for Europe then 6 in a row which we haven't done since 1986/87 season. 

Motherwell have been very good since the break winning 7 out of 10 in the league. This is going to be really tough for us, hope we are up for the battle

We don't battle anymore and now play "total football" instead.

Would maybe start Frear and put Airybi on the bench for this one , Frear looked good on Saturday. However I don't think Cadden will be ready to play a full 90 mins even though he done well also when he came on.

Reckon this one will be a 1-1 draw but would love to see a 2-1 Motherwell win!!

I have no issues with Frear coming in, but for me it would be for Hastie.  He seems to have, understandably, gone off the boil since all the speculation began regarding his future.  Would be happy with another half an hour for Cadden ahead of getting him back into the starting XI at the weekend.

Gillespie

Grimshaw Aldred Dunne Tait

Turnbull Campbell Gorrin

Frear  Main  Ariyibi

A credible 1-1 draw but the end of our top six hopes.

Has it been mentioned that if  we win tomorrow and other results go our way both on Wednesday and Saturday - we have the potential to confirm top six and ensure Rangers can't win the title on the same day. Tasty...

This is getting to “must win” territory, given our home form, and how we’re playing in general. Beat Motherwell and Dundee and it steadies the ship before that MASSIVE semi at Hampden.

May in for Stewart, he’s the catalyst for everything good in the side going forward.

Aberdeen are a strange lot this season. Undoubtedly they have some good players at their disposal but their recent home form is shocking whilst they look solid away from home (indeed, I fancy them for the Scottish Cup). In our recent meetings, this fixture has been decided by who scores first and indeed when we've managed to get the first goal against Aberdeen over the past couple of seasons they have absolutely collapsed whilst on the flip side when they have scored first they have comfortably seen it out and beaten us.

No result would surprise me from this one, but I'll go for a 1-1 draw.

Lewis

Ball - Considine - McKenna - Lowe

McLennan - Ferguson - Shinnie - McGinn

May - Cosgrove

Testament to the thinness of the squad and the poor quality of the recruitment that I can only think of one change to make after Saturday. Devlin could come in for Considine who had a dismal second half on Saturday, but Considine has been one of our best performers in 2019 and Devlin hasn't looked the same player post-injury as he was pre-injury. Campbell really has to get minutes now if he is even going to be in contention to start at Hampden (same for Halford, if McInnes would prefer to move Ball into midfield for that game), but difficult to know where he fits in with Ferguson and Shinnie having those two central midfield berths locked down. 

1-1 or 1-2.

In a strange way I’m looking forward to seeing Motherwell more than AFC tomorrow - have heard some great things about their youngsters, but haven’t seen much of them.

The first match was insipid after a good goal and complete false dawn from Wilson, but at least it was a win.

Then we got tonked at Firp Ark a week before the LC final.

The only enjoyable home games since new year were the two Sevco ones - even though we didn’t win either of them, as we only beat them in Glesga apparently.

Surprise me AFC......

11 hours ago, MickeyMonkeybollocks said:

When paw broon took McGinn to the dons he played him up front and he scored plenty. Should McInnis play a front line of McGinn, May just off him and GMS and McLennan wide?

Needs to try something different, as we've been very predictable at home.   GMS' bigot brother inflicted injuries haven't helped..........and he's still out til after the split apparently.

Archived