Midweek Thoughts

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

Airdrie at home back in 2010, we were hammered 4-1 effectively relegating us back to League 1. 

Airdrie went 1 up just after the half, then Baird scored just after the hour, within a minute Keenan pulled us back to 1-2 with an absolute peach of a goal. John Baird then popped up a minute later with Airdrie's third before going onto get a hat trick at the death. 
Keenan's peach is what keeps the game in the memory, in a season where we had one of Brian Reid's Championship banter squads. 

One of my favourite away games. Was a cracking April’s night too

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12324871.airdrie-captain-sent-off-as-hibs-secure-premier-division-status-jackson-at-the-double-on-a-night-of-penalties/

What could have potentially been one of the greatest footballing nights of my life....built up by going a goal up, awarded a penalty....

To the crashing lows of missing that penalty (some say its still orbiting) And being subsequently pumped.

What a first 5 years that was for me following Airdrie.

Premier, cup final, Europe, cup final, playoffs.

February 2014 and a midweek home game against Livingston. An uneventful first half ended goalless but the second made up for it. Garry Fleming sent off shortly before the ref pulled up injured and had to be replaced by the stand side lino. A spare lino was found from the Livi end after a tannoy appeal for a qualified ref and tbf he did alright. Livi took the lead just after the re-start and then Colin Nish scored a cracking goal. Livi edged ahead again but Chris Kane equalised in injury time. No idea why I remembered this game randomly but there you go! Highlights 

During McGlynn’s league winning season with an away game down in Stranraer. Supporters bus got stuck in a ditch outside the stadium. A coach is pretty heavy so watching a mixture of auld folk and pished folk trying to push it was hilarious.

I was on that bus that day! Hunting round the back of the stand for bits of wood to wedge under the wheels to get a bit of traction was some laugh. Eventually someone got an old bit of carpet and that did the trick. That was the same day the Grand National was won by a 100/1 winner - I have no idea why that useless piece of trivia is etched in my memory.

27 minutes ago, microdave said:

February 2014 and a midweek home game against Livingston. An uneventful first half ended goalless but the second made up for it. Garry Fleming sent off shortly before the ref pulled up injured and had to be replaced by the stand side lino. A spare lino was found from the Livi end after a tannoy appeal for a qualified ref and tbf he did alright. Livi took the lead just after the re-start and then Colin Nish scored a cracking goal. Livi edged ahead again but Chris Kane equalised in injury time. No idea why I remembered this game randomly but there you go! Highlights 

That was a brilliant game. What a team we had too.

Nish and Kane :wub:

Raith Rovers 1-0 Hibernian

4th May 2016

Premiership playoff quarter final 1st leg

San Starko

Mainly just because Jason Cummings had an absolute mare of a night and it was a great laugh to watch

Stubbs going mental at the linesmen and then Panayiotou scoring to give us the lead into the 2nd leg

We all know what happened in the 2nd leg I won’t mention that...

Raith Rovers 1-0 Hibernian

4th May 2016

Premiership playoff quarter final 1st leg

San Starko

Mainly just because Jason Cummings had an absolute mare of a night and it was a great laugh to watch

Stubbs going mental at the linesmen and then Panayiotou scoring to give us the lead into the 2nd leg

We all know what happened in the 2nd leg I won’t mention that...

This was the game where he missed from like a yard out, in the centre of goal? Jason Cummings was like the Lewis Vaughan of Hibs, everyone thought he was their hero. Was fantastic going to my Hibs pals party the next day, glorious.

Second leg not so glorious.

This was the game where he missed from like a yard out, in the centre of goal? Jason Cummings was like the Lewis Vaughan of Hibs, everyone thought he was their hero. Was fantastic going to my Hibs pals party the next day, glorious.

Second leg not so glorious.

He was 1 on 1 with Cuthbert and he hit it over the bar.

I just remember him not having a good game, giving the ball away easily and he wasn’t a happy man.

I wasn’t at this game, but memorable for East Fife fans as I don’t think anyone was there.

March 2005.
Albion Rovers 0 - 6 East Fife

We were on a terrible run in Division 2 and if I remember right, we may have just lost to East Stirling on the Saturday before playing Albion Rovers on the Tuesday night. I think Sean Paliczka even scored a hat trick.

For the 316 hardy souls that were there, it’s a story to tell their grandkids.

• 2 months later...

I took in a Hearts European tie back in the eighties (I think). Really good atmosphere although I can’t remember the final score. Eammon Bannon blasted a penalty so far over the bar and it nearly cleared the fence at the back of the terracing.

Albion Rovers 7-2 Airdrie - Probably one of the worst airdrie games ive been too (and there have been quite a few). Was on a cold November day in 2011 and by the time their 7th went in I think me and my auld man were the only airdrie fans left in the ground.

Few Other Notable matches:

Arbroath 7-1 Airdrie
East Fife 6-1 Airdrie
Airdrie 11-0 Galafairydean