How many pints do you drink on a night out?

Ylf

12 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

We've had the P&B Subcrawl which was quite intensive.

A few pints in the pub as we all met, then 15 stations with a drink (mostly bottles) at the nearest pub,  then back to the starting pub with more drinks till chucking out time.

RID TROOSERS

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Zen Archer said:

It was only the one, L4L and even that might not have happened if @Sweet Pete  hadn't reigned it in after the wee p***k made a c**t of himself in The Loudon.

Pete did rather well not to level the p***k after L4L got upset over a football result.

Please elaborate on this. 

26 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Very good. Same be said for Leeds also ? ( can only say these two places as only places I have been on a night out with him ).
Point stands as soon as a celebrity of some sort is in Dundee everyone knows exactly their location.

Everyone in Emmerdale will drink in Leeds.

TBF I have been in pubs when he has been there and it does look an utter fucking pain. Same for Sam Robertson and I dont even know when he was last on telly.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

He was about to go nose to nose with a QotS supporter on this forum because of some football result, this was on all levels not acceptable behaviour, especially on a P&B day out.

Sounds like more fun than drinking in the Loudon tbh. 

@Oleksandr 

Sounds like more fun than drinking in the Loudon tbh. 
[mention=70663]Oleksandr[/mention] 

Getting your thumbs screwed sounds more fun than drinking in the Loudon.

I think the most I ever managed as a student was the 18 bottles of Newcastle Brown after my last ever exam in 1986.
Most on a night out, probably that or a random night out in Caithness where I possibly exceeded that? [emoji52]
I doubt I ever hit the depths of last December’s melt-down where the hospital recorded my BAL as “over .600” compared to the driving limit of .08.*
Hence why I’m now in out patient treatment.
No drugs, ever, just a jakey twat with a stupid tolerance[emoji37]

*seriously not boasting

7 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

My best mate brother is an actor on Emmerdale and the amount of shite he gets when on a night out when he comes up and visits his brother in Dundee is a joke. Cant even go to the shops without being stopped. Yet when we have been to Leeds or Manchester for a night out or the football it seems to be less hassle down that way. 

Calvin Harris gets hounded beyond belief when he’s home. Anytime he’s out in public, it’s all over social media and he gets followed everywhere. 

Hes always home just before Christmas and makes a point of going to the big 24hr Tesco to get his parents food shop for over Christmas. It started off with a few staff members getting photos and stuff. Now you have it plastered on social media wherever he’s there and literally hundreds of people turn up to following him about a supermarket. 

Same when he’s out in Dumfries, people will swarm to whatever pub he’s in and the place is mayhem. 

Correct, he insinuated my mate went out his way to “goad” Goram. That’s not what happened. 
The videos online of Pickford the other night were a disgrace, the guy was just out trying to enjoy himself and was getting insulted and harassed to the point he flipped. 
Also, the word goad is fucking horrendous. Only became relevant when hibs beat the **** in the final, and their fans decided to invade the pitch assaulting innocent hibs fans celebrating an historic cup win. 

Well I’m not sure else anyone was supposed to think with your original post on the subject but it sounds like Goram is a monumental arsepiece with a drink in him.

Agree about Pickford video, I think I’d just not bother with nights out at normal pubs if I was a celebrity - imagine just wanting to enjoy yourself and then having all sorts of drunken arseholes coming up to you and sticking a camera phone in your face wanting a selfie.

Guest bernardblack

If I was a celebrity in a pub I’d like to think I’d go Bill Murray. Dive behind the bar and just start serving people tequila, regardless what they had asked for

12 hours ago, bernardblack said:

If I was a celebrity in a pub I’d like to think I’d go Bill Murray. Dive behind the bar and just start serving people tequila, regardless what they had asked for

Ian Poulter tells a great story about Bill Murray when they were paired together at the Alfred Dunhill Pro-Am. 

Poulter and Murray went out in St Andrews for dinner and a few drinks after the golf. They walked past a student house with a party in a full swing and Murray walks straight in to the house without saying a word. 

Poulter follows him in where he headed straight for the Kitchen. Murray then rolled his sleeves up, filled the sink and began washing the mountain of dishes piled up. He told Poulter to get a towel and to start drying. Much to the confusion of the students in the house as to what’s actually going on, he gets them to form a chain where the clean dishes are passed down the line and put away appropriately. Once the dishes were done and without saying a word to anyone in the house, he just walked back out and they carried on their night to the next pub.

13 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Ian Poulter tells a great story about Bill Murray when the we’re paired together at the Alfred Dunhill Pro-Am. 

Poulter and Murray went out in St Andrews for dinner and a few drinks after the golf. They walked past a student house with a party in a full swing and Murray walks straight in to the house without saying a word. 

Poulter follows him in where he headed straight for the Kitchen. Murray then rolled his sleeves up, filled the sink and began washing the mountain of dishes piled up. He told Poulter to get a towel and to start drying. Much to the confusion of the students in the house as to what’s actually going on, he gets them to form a chain where the clean dishes are passed down the line and put away appropriately. Once the dishes were done and without saying a word to anyone in the house, he just walked back out and they carried on their night to the next pub.

We missed bumping into him by a half hour in Charleston a few years back, we were in The Rutledge Cab Co restaurant which he co owns ( he's listed on the web site as CFO - chief fun officer ) I asked the waiter if Bill ever pops in and he replied "you just missed him"

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'd hate to be famous. Was sitting outside a cafe on a quiet street in London near Old Street and Bob Geldof walked past with a mate. Someone inside saw and shouted it out. All the staff and some of the customers ran out and after them as they sprinted down the street. It was around the Live Aid time. Fucking madness.

Jimmy Nesbitt was at a restaurant my wife, her sister and brother-in-law were at (maybe b-i-l wasn't there, he might just have been doing taxi man), Nesbitt posed for innumerable photos with diners and staff and signed autographs, how he had time to eat his lunch and get sloshed I don't know.

9 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

We've had the P&B Subcrawl which was quite intensive.

A few pints in the pub as we all met, then 15 stations with a drink (mostly bottles) at the nearest pub,  then back to the starting pub with more drinks till chucking out up time.

There

9 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Very good. Same be said for Leeds also ? ( can only say these two places as only places I have been on a night out with him ).
Point stands as soon as a celebrity of some sort is in Dundee everyone knows exactly their location.

That's because Dundee is a glorified town in the middle of nowhere with nothing in it.

I don't get the mentality of following around a famous person. Very odd behaviour.

Autographs make no sense to me either, unless it's to sell them on eBay.

Pictures with a famous person are also odd to me. 

Same with Kyle falconer from the view. Hounded when out but to be fair he was a decent lad. Liked a night out.

Met The View a couple of times a good while back. A female friend of ours flatmate had something to do with them, though can’t remember if she was dating one of them or did some work for them or something.

Anyway, I digress. Decent enough guys apart from Kyle Falconer. An obnoxious ‘I am’ and a thieving little c**t too.

Archived