How many pints do you drink on a night out?

Ylf

Quite surprised with the amount of people who have taken pills.
Maybe me being naive but have never witnessed or been offered any either.

Obviously they're connected to a certain type of music and if you've never been on that scene the chance of coming across them is massively reduced.
I see it a lot due to the music I'm into which is soul,funk,disco and house.
I would say drugs have always prevalent in certain music scones. A lot wouldn't still continue without them tbh.
Anyway off topic.
I would say hangover to me is the worst of all drug comedowns. I think the hangover is what keeps my drinking down. Well that and being a shandy pants.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Goram was at a speakers night I went to a few years ago, he had a pint of gin and tonic in front of him. His “jokes” all revolved around drinking and being a bigot.

In a completely separate incident, Andy Goram also attacked my mate in Chancers nightclub in Dumfries after my mate called him a fat orange b*****d

Your mate sounds like a w****r. Not many things as pathetic as people who try to goad famous people when they’re out.

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Quite surprised with the amount of people who have taken pills.
Maybe me being naive but have never witnessed or been offered any either.

You can occupy the moral high ground knowing you're not funding international terrorism or people trafficking. Vegans who are all about ethics smoking weed are my favourite types.

4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Your mate sounds like a w****r. Not many things as pathetic as people who try to goad famous people when they’re out.

My mate is a w****r.  As for the second part, that’s not what happened but I agree with you. 

My mate is a w****r.  As for the second part, that’s not what happened but I agree with you. 

So he wasn’t trying to goad him but he did call him a fat ***********?

16 minutes ago, throbber said:

So he wasn’t trying to goad him but he did call him a fat ***********?

Correct, he insinuated my mate went out his way to “goad” Goram. That’s not what happened. 

The videos online of Pickford the other night were a disgrace, the guy was just out trying to enjoy himself and was getting insulted and harassed to the point he flipped. 

Also, the word goad is fucking horrendous. Only became relevant when hibs beat the **** in the final, and their fans decided to invade the pitch assaulting innocent hibs fans celebrating an historic cup win. 

Can posters please refrain from posting their experiences with illegal drugs.     

Let's keep it legal.   

Let's keep it light.  

Let's keep it Lager.  

#lager  

f**k off Billy.

Speckled mitzies were tremendous as were those entire weekends.

Obviously they're connected to a certain type of music and if you've never been on that scene the chance of coming across them is massively reduced.I see it a lot due to the music I'm into which is soul,funk,disco and house.

I would say drugs have always prevalent in certain music scones.

They’re perhaps associated more with the rave/house/club type scene, but if that’s not your scene then I wouldn’t say your chances of coming across them is any less. Unless you only seek them out in those places. I’d imagine probably 99% of folk taking pills will have obtained them from a mate or local dealer beforehand.

Not much of a fan of house/clubbing type music, in fact I’d go as far as to say I hate pretty much all of it. When it comes to pills though, I’ve taken them in clubs back in the day or at gigs by anything from The Prodigy, to Cypress Hill, to NOFX and The Exploited or even at Limp Bizkit, Soulfly or Machine Head.

ETA: Despite all this I’ve never taken them for not far off 10 years now, but by f**k do I miss it.

37 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Correct, he insinuated my mate went out his way to “goad” Goram. That’s not what happened. 

The videos online of Pickford the other night were a disgrace, the guy was just out trying to enjoy himself and was getting insulted and harassed to the point he flipped. 

Also, the word goad is fucking horrendous. Only became relevant when hibs beat the **** in the final, and their fans decided to invade the pitch assaulting innocent hibs fans celebrating an historic cup win. 

Feel free to correct me. So far all you’ve said is that he openly called an ex-footballer a fat, *********** when the guy was out in public with no other context.

24 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Feel free to correct me. So far all you’ve said is that he openly called an ex-footballer a fat, *********** when the guy was out in public with no other context.

Goram was drunk in a fairly empty nightclub. He was bouncing from one table to another giving it the big “I am”. He was told to piss off, as he was drunk and annoying. After that he started his sectarian nonsense, saying everyone must be Celtic fans, in a not so polite manner. He was then told to “f**k off Goram you fat ***********”, although it may have been w****r that was used instead of b*****d. He then attacked my mate, having to be dragged off. 

As I said earlier, I entirely agree with you about people who go out their way to harrass celebs on nights out. The reason these people do it, is they know there’s not likely to be a reaction. Tragic behaviour. 

14 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

My best mate brother is an actor on Emmerdale and the amount of shite he gets when on a night out when he comes up and visits his brother in Dundee is a joke. Cant even go to the shops without being stopped. Yet when we have been to Leeds or Manchester for a night out or the football it seems to be less hassle down that way. 

I'd hate to be famous. Was sitting outside a cafe on a quiet street in London near Old Street and Bob Geldof walked past with a mate. Someone inside saw and shouted it out. All the staff and some of the customers ran out and after them as they sprinted down the street. It was around the Live Aid time. Fucking madness.

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

He is a good guy but when it comes to going out it really is shit. Even just going for a meal it's a hassle. Cant remember the pub we ended up going to in Manchester but it was quite a small one n yet we had zero issues. Was either they really couldn't care or they were use to it.

Up here however it just dosnt happen like that, in a supermarket and next minute you know everyone on Facebook knows the guy has just been to the fruit and veg aisle

It's a real mystery as to how a minor "celebrity" is treated one way in a city that is home to the BBC, some of the biggest bands of the last 30 years and the worlds best known sports stars and another way in the Club Bar

2 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:

Before starting a new thread would there be any interest in a P and B  drinking contest?  

The idea being we all agree on the beverage - say 660 mils Heineken and it's a case of who can drink most over a set period.  

We've had the P&B Subcrawl which was quite intensive.

A few pints in the pub as we all met, then 15 stations with a drink (mostly bottles) at the nearest pub,  then back to the starting pub with more drinks till chucking out time.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer said:

We've had the P&B Subcrawl which was quite intensive.

A few pints in the pub as we all met, then 15 stations with a drink (mostly bottles) at the nearest pub,  then back to the starting pub with more drinks till chucking out time.

To be fair, you had posters there drinking from puddles after a few stations. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

To be fair, you had posters there drinking from puddles after a few stations. 

It was only the one, L4L and even that might not have happened if @Sweet Pete  hadn't reigned it in after the wee p***k made a c**t of himself in The Loudon.

Pete did rather well not to level the p***k after L4L got upset over a football result.

Archived