How many pints do you drink on a night out?

Ylf

How did the MDMA kill her? 

He just showed her death certificate which said ecstasy poisoning on it. It was a rather poignant moment in his presentation which I still remember very clearly.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in Prague a month ago and landed at 4 in the afternoon, ended up on just beer all night until half 1 in the morning.  Must have had easily 15 pints and I've never felt so fucking aids the next day in my life.  3 times as many as I usually have.  Horrific.

4-6 if on a night out before moving onto spirits generally.

Like most, I have that one mate who is a machine. We were in Copenhagen 3 years ago and I think he was takimg advantage of the fact we found a pub run by a Scot giving us a permanent happy hour, he had easily sank 10 pints of lager by 2pm. This eventually turned into him spewing into his glass at about 8pm then nearly drinking it.

3 hours ago, throbber said:

He just showed her death certificate which said ecstasy poisoning on it. It was a rather poignant moment in his presentation which I still remember very clearly.

"Ecstasy poisoning" isn't a thing. She died of hyponotremia caused by water intoxication. If someone wants to use a fake news based narrative to further their own agendas then that's their prorogative, but there's literally no such thing as "ecstasy poisoning"

Those who drop dead upon taking pills do so for one of two reasons, either the pill itself contains a substance much more potent than MDMA (Usually but not always PMA. a slower acting but lethal substance. Regularly people will not feel the affects of the first pill in the usual time so they'll take a second or third and that's what kills you), or in some cases such as this one, the individual takes MDMA and then ignores the safety procedures that you ought to follow, like not withholding the immense craving to down pints or water that you'll feel.

43 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

4-6 if on a night out before moving onto spirits generally.

Like most, I have that one mate who is a machine. We were in Copenhagen 3 years ago and I think he was takimg advantage of the fact we found a pub run by a Scot giving us a permanent happy hour, he had easily sank 10 pints of lager by 2pm. This eventually turned into him spewing into his glass at about 8pm then nearly drinking it.

The Dubliner bar???

When I was a student, me and my pals used to drink a bottle of vodka each before going out for regularly 10-15 pints. We would often be sick or get battered but very seldom pull. 

I kind of wish I'd drank less and spoken respectfully to more females.  

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

"Ecstasy poisoning" isn't a thing. She died of hyponotremia caused by water intoxication. If someone wants to use a fake news based narrative to further their own agendas then that's their prorogative, but there's literally no such thing as "ecstasy poisoning"

Those who drop dead upon taking pills do so for one of two reasons, either the pill itself contains a substance much more potent than MDMA (Usually but not always PMA. a slower acting but lethal substance. Regularly people will not feel the affects of the first pill in the usual time so they'll take a second or third and that's what kills you), or in some cases such as this one, the individual takes MDMA and then ignores the safety procedures that you ought to follow, like not withholding the immense craving to down pints or water that you'll feel.

A bit harsh on Leah Betts. Pills aren't handed out with safety advice and this was the first time that probably the vast majority of pill poppers and possibly the general public became aware that drinking too much water could do you damage. 

24 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

A bit harsh on Leah Betts. Pills aren't handed out with safety advice and this was the first time that probably the vast majority of pill poppers and possibly the general public became aware that drinking too much water could do you damage. 

Yes, tbf you're right and I'm not sure there was the same level of awareness 25 years ago as there is now. My gripe is with the "drugs are bad" crowd.

Any more than 6 pints and I'll be up pishing all night.

Though as a 21yo I did witness a mate down 9 pints of lager in a bawhair over an hour on his lunch break. Strange lad who always looked half-cut, even when he was sober.

He was as skinny as a rake and was just as savage with food. God knows how he did it.

Yes, tbf you're right and I'm not sure there was the same level of awareness 25 years ago as there is now. My gripe is with the "drugs are bad" crowd.

Yeah, it was 2002 I think we saw her dad do a presentation at our school and he wasn’t a “drugs are bad type” he very much said it was up to us if we wanted to take drugs or not and talked about the positive feelings drugs gave people and the reasons people did them. That’s why I find it strange that he went down the line of denying her death was down to her drinking so much water and claiming it was purely the pill that killed her.

I have taken pills and mdma numerous times and never felt a craving to drink water or beer to excess either, I would always drink less alcohol when on a pill.

I rarely go out now and I don't drink alcohol at all in the house any more so my tolerance is no doubt well down. When I did drink more, a day out would be about 1pm until 9pm  and easily a pint every half hour. Never moved onto spirits.

41 minutes ago, throbber said:

I have taken pills and mdma numerous times 

Explains your performance in this thread imo

If I'm on a night out then it's usually a gig or a hockey game. Almost always drive to those so it's none. Depending on the availability of low/non-alcohol beer, I'll drink soft drinks or a couple of Erdinger/Krombacher booze-free beers. You get used to it. The alternative would be not going out and that's not really worth considering just because of a lack of booze.

On the rare occasions I'm not driving? 3 or 4 pints over the course of a night. Or a couple of pints and a couple of spirits.

15 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Boy could get a part in the Simpsons with that skin colour. 

My dad was in hospital a few years ago and the guy in the next bed had liver disease and he looked absolutely awful.  Thin, skin wrinkly and yellow.  I remember on Louis Theroux's documentary he interviewed a guy getting his fluid drained and he looked absolutely hellish.

I don't really drink anymore but I worry that years of semi-regular binge drinking has damaged my body.  Now that I have a child I am conscious that I need to behave more responsibly.  Also, doing the same things year after year after year is boring.  Some of my mates are still going out drinking the same way we did when we were 25 and I don't know how they can be bothered.  Cutting around drunk when you are in your 30s is pathetic tbh.  

Archived