Rovers v QP

Cigar time for us in the next couple of weeks as we get to watch opposition fans absolutely crippled with the fear, while we have nothing to play for.

I thought Stirling having little at stake, as well, would have made for a good open game, but it was the worst game of football I've seen in a long while. Looked like there was zero adrenaline on the park. We know that won't be the case on Saturday. 

We're unbeaten in our last few games, but Rovers are not the Rovers we've played three times this season. We'll have to have to scrap for everything. Believe Roberts is out, so I'd expect Jambo in midfield and Gerry back in. If we can find the creativity of the likes of the Cowden and Elgin games, this is a game we should be looking to win. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

This will be a difficult fixture. Whilst I don't subscribe to "nothing to play for", there is always pride, I would be satisfied if we come out with a draw. 1-1.

I want to win the game as much as I do any other week and expect the level of commitment from the players of any other week, but there's no point in pretending there's anything particularly meaningful at stake. We're not going up and we're not going down.

18 hours ago, an86 said:

I want to win the game as much as I do any other week and expect the level of commitment from the players of any other week, but there's no point in pretending there's anything particularly meaningful at stake. We're not going up and we're not going down.

4 of our last 5 games look like having a major impact on who goes up and who goes down. We owe it to everyone to put in the maximum level of commitment and I have no doubt our players will. ...also no player or fan wants the opposition players or fans celebrating wildly in front of them after a win. Get that in the sea!

32 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

4 of our last 5 games look like having a major impact on who goes up and who goes down. We owe it to everyone to put in the maximum level of commitment and I have no doubt our players will. ...also no player or fan wants the opposition players or fans celebrating wildly in front of them after a win. Get that in the sea!

I'll be going as mental as anyone if we score a last minute winner, but nobody is going to be dancing around the social club after the Peterhead game because we finish 5th/6th/7th/8th is what I'm trying to get at. Well, hardly anyone. 

19 minutes ago, an86 said:

I'll be going as mental as anyone if we score a last minute winner, but nobody is going to be dancing around the social club after the Peterhead game because we finish 5th/6th/7th/8th is what I'm trying to get at. 

I get what you're getting at

The gaffer by all accounts wasn't happy at all with the performance on Saturday so the players know they have to do much better. Roberts is missing due to surgery on his mouth so I expect Jambo to go into midfield with Gerry at the back   

37 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

I get what you're getting at

The gaffer by all accounts wasn't happy at all with the performance on Saturday so the players know they have to do much better. Roberts is missing due to surgery on his mouth so I expect Jambo to go into midfield with Gerry at the back   

Wonder if it's maybe time to try something else up front as well. Would be half tempted to try Galt up there if he didn't offer so much in terms of carrying the ball. 

Smart will bw a big miss for us. Has given us real presence up front and been very unlucky not to get a few goals against his name. 

After our hard luck story last weekend we are back to what some would say a more winnable game. Moreno had been brilliant for us, does all the unsung work in midfield. We need another solid performance from the defence and more than likely another unbelievable point blank save from PJ.

We have reached the kind of silly season when some unexpected results come about. For QP the incentive might not be great but will have the luxury of playing without too much pressure although I doubt Roberts team talk will include "go out an express yourselves" as they encounter the famous San Siro playing surface. That being said Queens had a terrific result a few weeks ago midweek at Berwick. 1-0 down and went onto win in what some might have said a bit of a meaningless game for them. Be warned Rovers.

Thank goodness. We should never have let him go. Could do with him now.
He was very hot and cold, which has been said re his other clubs. On his day, beautiful to watch but he wouldn't be a starter for me and we seem to have a decent bench now.

On 4/3/2019 at 10:47, Mick1867 said:

Maybe not at Cliftonhill, Happy to stick with Hawke up front    

Happy because we've no alternative? He's been pretty poor for a while now, way too light for striker. Yes he's our top scorer but he's not often made something out of nothing. The Connah's goal was his highpoint. But we really don't have anything better. At least if Lewis does get some time and space he's likley to snatch one but he's pretty easy to defend against.

Still 0-0.

Hats off again to Roberts. Obviously planned to get Jamie back into the middle for a spell due to Kurty's surgey coming up. And fair play to Kurty for waiting until we'd definitely not win the league. Trooper.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:
On 03/04/2019 at 10:34, williebraveheart said:
Thank goodness. We should never have let him go. Could do with him now.

He was very hot and cold, which has been said re his other clubs. On his day, beautiful to watch but he wouldn't be a starter for me and we seem to have a decent bench now.

We have no natural striker. Smart could win balls in the air like Hawke but for me had much more ball control and touch. He was not easy to shove around.

Archived