St Mirren v Celtic

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Highly unlikely.

But 90 mins back to the wall defending and a Gary Mac header from a corner would be how it would happen.

(It won’t).

Stranger things might happen 

Hopefully a big rammy at today's Glasgow derby sees a few red cards for important players.

We're considerably better than we were when Celtic came to Paisley earlier in the year and we managed to grind out a point then so taking something from the game isn't impossible, although it's unlikely. I'd bite your hand off for another 0-0 right now.

One eye on Livingston and Perth on Wednesday night.

Any scenario which sees us staying off of bottom and not losing any ground on Accies would be great.

If we could even somehow scrape a point it would be ideal. Celtic haven't travelled the best this season and have dropped points in nearly half their away games (including against ourselves) so another performance like we put together in OK's first game would be a good showing.

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Will Celtic be able to field a team after today?

Should do the honourable thing and give us the 3 points emoji8.png.

Scenes when Jack Hendry starts and scores a 90th minute OG to give you 3 points.

hmmmm ?  On paper Celtic should win this easily. Hey ho you never know. I'm going to the game with a few Celtic fans staying in a local hotel we will be going on a piss up after the game. This is the way football should be. St Mirren 2 Celtic 1. As a Buddie we live and hope. 

Even though they got their winner, Celtic looked out on their feet after around an hour yesterday. 

What's going on there? Every Celtic team I remember just drive other sides into the ground with fitness. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Even though they got their winner, Celtic looked out on their feet after around an hour yesterday. 

What's going on there? Every Celtic team I remember just drive other sides into the ground with fitness. 

Could have been the sheer adrenaline of the occasion. Will get you pumped up and then wear off suddenly. I'm not a fan of Neil Lennon but I bet he knows how to get a dressing room psyched up for an occasion.

As attritional as that was yesterday, they will clearly still have too much for us. 

8 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Don’t get all the negativity from the buddies

Have you seen where we are in the table? :lol: It's difficult to go into games like this with any hope given the season we've had.

We have recovered from lower ebbs to beat Celtic in the past, but that was a demonstrably worse Celtic side and a better Saints team. 

8 minutes ago, Romeo said:

A severe goading to be administered.

0-3

Generally haven't seen too many 'antics' from Celtic in our most recent games. Even Brown has been pretty sensible. I still think he's a c**t, but he was outstanding at SMP in the 0-0 game.

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Generally haven't seen too many 'antics' from Celtic in our most recent games.

That's because the St Mirren players know exactly what Brown gets up to and they don't rise to it or lose the plot completely.

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

That's been very noticeable since the turn of the year, a few times we've looked weary in second halves of matches, although conversely we have still managed a few late winners in this period.

My thought and one possible theory is that several players have played a hell of a lot of games for the best part of two years solid (Forrest, Lustig) or, in the case of guys like Boyata, Tierney, N'tcham and Rogic, they have either been playing carrying injuries or, possibly played games when not 100% fit, either still carrying knocks or rushed back too soon due to the horrific injury list we have had this season.

We will almost certainly see two or three changes from Sunday, if nothing else because we are like the walking wounded just now, at the very least Benkovic or Simunovic in for Boyata, possibly Burke in instead of the Hayes/Sinclair split shift they done against Rangers. Just personally I'd like to see Timo Weah get a bit more game time, the boys got talent but for a variety of reasons not got much opportunity to show it of late.

Archived