St Mirren v Celtic

Sarcasm?
I dont really get the point in the bangers as by folk using them after a goal detracts away from the celebration and if anything mutes the crowd.  Obviously there is always a danger in somebody being struck by one which initally most thought happened. In the end the keeper was a good few yards away though and really just heard a big bang like anybody else really.

You really that stupid you don’t know how loud bangs can damage your ears.

Keeper didn’t go down like he was struck by something it was clearly the bang had affected his hearing.

Typical of knuckle draggers to try search for a way to deflect or defend idiotic behaviour every support has them.

Authorities and clubs need to stamp this out ASAP ban these morons for life incidents of throwing stuff or running onto the pitch is becoming far too often now.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Praying for all the Celtic fans who were a similar distance away from the loud noise as the St Mirren keeper. 

What's your point here ? Is it that our keeper Hladky was somehow out of order ? 

7 hours ago, gannonball said:

Been in much the same proximity when those bangers go off if not closer. Shat it for a few seconds and thats about it. Folk actually let them off in the crowd as well with no real incident. Not a fan of them but no idea why the keepers went down like that.

My Team: Celtic.

Nazon's elbow was a fucking belter to be fair. Caught the big twat a beauty and got away with it. Good chance he'll also escape the compliance officer, because if they are going to do him they'd probably have to do Brown as well.

47 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Thought Cooke and Ferdinand both played well considering they hadn’t played for ages. Hladky was great as usual. Nazon is pish and should probably have had two goals and a red card.

Ahh, I want to like Nazon so much but I'm not sure he's a team player. You can imagine him scoring quite a lot in a dominant team because he's so greedy, but we create so few chances. There were times when he wasn't holding it up anywhere near as well as he should, either.

Cooke was good, though, and obviously the keeper made a great save from his curled effort. I wonder if Jackson and Cooke/Mullen could be an option? Jackson too short to play on his own, especially against Hamilton, but Cooke and Mullen both give different kinds of physical presences that we've lacked so far this season.

7 minutes ago, GAD said:

Nazon's elbow was a fucking belter to be fair. Caught the big twat a beauty and got away with it. Good chance he'll also escape the compliance officer, because if they are going to do him they'd probably have to do Brown as well.

They definitely should both get a suspension, tbf. 

Wee Danny will be back in on Saturday. He is our best striker, last weeks display showed that.

Think he'll pair him with Jackson this week.

I wonder what Fitzpatrick and Gordon Scott think of letting the arseholes have 2 stands. Is it really worth it? Really? 

55 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Your team :Aberdeen (allegedly)

Although it's hard to tell these days.

Given that I have a season ticket for Pittodrie, I think that’s a given. However, you’re as sharp as a tack this morning. The Weetabix must have gone down well.

3 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Wee Danny will be back in on Saturday. He is our best striker, last weeks display showed that.

Yeah, I'd be happy to see that. At least we're finally starting to see some depth. 

I'm pleased for Cooke, though - he's obviously shown the right attitude in training and he had a decent performance in a tricky game.

Given that I have a season ticket for Pittodrie, I think that’s a given. However, you’re as sharp as a tack this morning. The Weetabix must have gone down well.
Given that you lost a bet to me in the cup final v the sheep thread to never post on a Celtic thread again you either...

A. Don't accept the outcome of bets you make

Or

B. Are obsessed with Celtic

Which is it?

Another bang average performance, but another away win.

The banger going off will be talked about and I wish they'd get them to f*ck! having been right next to one going off at the cup final last year I nearly shat my breeks! Had no effect on my hearing though.

I actually thought the slow motion replay showed some part of the banger catching the keeper in the face. It looked tiny, but I know I'd still shit myself if I heard that noise then felt something hit me.

Completely fed up with the club doing nothing about some of the arseholes in the GB. Stupid wee neds, who can f**k off if they think that sort of thing is considered as "supporting" Celtic.

As for the game, boring as hell. Job done, but needs to be better for the Scottish Cup (league is done) and next season. Lennon's comment that he hasn't tried to change anything completely baffled me. So what in fucks name is he doing then other than picking the team. Even John Kennedy could manage to write 11 names on a teamsheet at least 75% of the time...

Fully expect the compliance officer to be dishing out a few bans soon too...

11 minutes ago, OSP said:

As for the game, boring as hell.

Yep. What were those 2nd half possession stats? 81-19 or something. 

We offered nothing more than a very mild threat on the counter - certainly not enough to make it feel like it was finely poised or anything. Our team selection (and yours, tbf) showed how we both felt about the game.

Ah well. Big one for us on Saturday.

9 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Wasn’t intentional. The banger that threw the banger should get a lifer, the goalie obviously got a sore one, and brown could/should be in trouble. I think everyone on this thread is in agreement with that. Oh, and bennys a fud, we’re probably in agreement about that too.

Was it you?

1 hour ago, Silvio said:

I wonder what Fitzpatrick and Gordon Scott think of letting the arseholes have 2 stands. Is it really worth it? Really? 

There was empty seats in the West and main stand. Why on earth would you not let stands behind the goals not let the club generate much needed money ? Came out the ground after the game with not a hint of trouble. Personally I have no problem filling both stands with Celtic fans it pulled in around £86,400. Maybe if you were on the board you would get it. Not a classic game last night but a good night was had. 

16 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yep. What were those 2nd half possession stats? 81-19 or something. 

We offered nothing more than a very mild threat on the counter - certainly not enough to make it feel like it was finely poised or anything. Our team selection (and yours, tbf) showed how we both felt about the game.

Ah well. Big one for us on Saturday.

Was amazed by Kearney's approach to the game.

Simunovic and Izaguirre give me the fear. How he didn't see those two playing as an opportunity to go for it baffles me.

Archived