St Mirren v Celtic

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FT 0-2

Dundee and Accies lost 2-0 aswell it seems, so not a bad night really. Would have taken being in a worse position before the game.

Second half we were a bit better and actually created a couple of chances. Nazon finds himself one on one and somehow doesn’t even get a shot away, remarkable. He really is shite.

Typically unsavoury scenes from the Celtic fans after the second goal. Not sure what happened to Hladky but whatever it was shouldn’t have happened. Will get brushed under the carpet no doubt.

8 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

So was he wasn't actually hit by anything and just hurt his ears with the noise? emoji23.png

again - this is stuff I'm not qualified on (ain't gonna stop me trying!), but afaik there's plenty of cases where soldiers have had explosives going off near them which have caused permanent hearing damage. The noise from whatever got flung onto the pitch, even if not quite comparable to a high explosive device, might have had enough decibels to do a bit of damage (even if only temporarily).

If it goes off a lot closer to Hladky I suspect it might well have perforated an eardrum or something. That shot of the Celtic players flinching suggests it was pretty loud.

/conjecture. He's probably fine but I don't really get the whole "YAS GOAL ON PITCH FLING LOUD BANG NOISE THING ON PITCH FOR CELEBRASHUN" thought process in the first place, let alone not giving any consideration to any potential harm from it.

What's the point in they things honestly what does that add to the atmosphere ffs. [emoji23]

The keeper just shat himself, be f**k all wrong with him, think they're pretty common but f**k knows why. Awful. Atleast the pyro looks decent.

Another win. Another uninspiring performance. Pretty much the same story as every other game since Neil Lennon took over. I don't want him to get the job on a full time basis.

As for the "no pyro no party" crowd, the people who run the club need to weed them out. They are a pain in the arse and do nothing but draw negative attention towards Celtic.

Second half was a bit better than the first for us. Celtic weren't great tonight though we really should have got at them much more than we did.

Officials had a shocker. First goal, 4 different angles and the best BT sport can say is that it 'probably' crossed the line - the linesman has guessed, penalty in the 'seen them given' category. Both Brown and Nazon should've been off.

As for the Hladky incident, he's about 5 yards away from a pyrotechnic when it goes off and he wouldn't have been expecting it. He held his ear a bit, hardly made a meal of it. The reaction of Christie who is about 20 yards away tells a story. 

Archived