That handball by number 8 on the line is the second worst decision I have seen, only topped by curries red for nothing vs Annan.

Clubs need to send footage of this type of thing to the governing bodies and perhaps media to highlight just how bad these officials are. I read on threads of two other games in our league comments about how abysmally bad the officials were. Surely all clubs need to demand more be done about this rather than accept it. Can’t even get the basic, result influencing decisions correct.

Watching back the highlights Currie should definitely have done much better for goals 1 & 3. Still not sure why a groin high tackle on Lamont by Peterhead number 2 led to Lamont being booked. Rumsby caught out too often against better opposition IMO, still think he is actually the 4th best centre half at the club. Grant kept dwelling on the ball too much instead of releasing his passes quickly so wasnt surprised to see him hooked at ht, although could easily have been Boyle instead.

Great goal by banks and pleasing that Goodie got a couple, although his fresh air kick was a shocker!

Frustrating as on another day we could easily have won that.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, cfcuk said:
51 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:
I never said there was a conspiracy but you have to admit some of the decisions lately have been bizarre. If you want any proof of officials trying to wreck a game or showing bias you just have to look at our win against Celtic. The ref  did everything in his power to stop us winning that day.

ok if they wanted to wreck our season why uphold Blair Curries appeal? I agree the last two home games has seen really poor refereeing was it deliberate as said that doesn't stack up why give us the penalty yesterday? The whole points deduction has created a victim culture around the club The whole f**k the SFA stuff when it was the SPFL who dished out the punishment sums a lot up. The SFA haven't even made the decision on the appeal and we are chanting F**k the SFA . I hope they reverse the points deduction firstly to help my club but secondly to extinguish this notion that the authorities are out to get Clyde it's utterly ridiculous

I get what you are saying, I don't really believe their is any conspiracy going on ,wish I hadn't opened my mouth now. Agreed the standard of refs is absolute shite, though how could they not reverse Curries red card absolute rediculous decision from the officials and how could he refuse yesterday's penalty it was clear as day but then again the one we were denied was equally as obvious and how Peterhead escaped yesterday's match with one yellow card is astonishing.

That handball by number 8 on the line is the second worst decision I have seen, only topped by curries red for nothing vs Annan.

Clubs need to send footage of this type of thing to the governing bodies and perhaps media to highlight just how bad these officials are. I read on threads of two other games in our league comments about how abysmally bad the officials were. Surely all clubs need to demand more be done about this rather than accept it. Can’t even get the basic, result influencing decisions correct.

Watching back the highlights Currie should definitely have done much better for goals 1 & 3. Still not sure why a groin high tackle on Lamont by Peterhead number 2 led to Lamont being booked. Rumsby caught out too often against better opposition IMO, still think he is actually the 4th best centre half at the club. Grant kept dwelling on the ball too much instead of releasing his passes quickly so wasnt surprised to see him hooked at ht, although could easily have been Boyle instead.

Great goal by banks and pleasing that Goodie got a couple, although his fresh air kick was a shocker!

Frustrating as on another day we could easily have won that.

great summation of yesterday [emoji106]

27 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Clubs need to send footage of this type of thing to the governing bodies and perhaps media to highlight just how bad these officials are. I read on threads of two other games in our league comments about how abysmally bad the officials were. Surely all clubs need to demand more be done about this rather than accept it. Can’t even get the basic, result influencing decisions correct...

... Still not sure why a groin high tackle on Lamont by Peterhead number 2 led to Lamont being booked. 

Agree in part. If we had a 'geek' type of fan who could edit together some of these howlers and get some momentum on social media but DEFO NOT pass to SFA or SPFL it could.maybe embarrass them into thinking about making or not making these decisions.

As others have said the grit in the team is impressive, I also think the discipline  is actually pretty good. 2 read cards all season and not picking up needless yellows and reds like we have done under successive managers is significant.

I get what you are saying, I don't really believe their is any conspiracy going on ,wish I hadn't opened my mouth now. Agreed the standard of refs is absolute shite, though how could they not reverse Curries red card absolute rediculous decision from the officials and how could he refuse yesterday's penalty it was clear as day but then again the one we were denied was equally as obvious and how Peterhead escaped yesterday's match with one yellow card is astonishing.
wouldn't worry football makes us all totally irrational look at some of the crap I post [emoji23] the team showed real resilience to come back and could have snatched it at the death We now have a team worthy of the Clyde name think the desperation for us to get promoted is getting to us all
the points deduction hasn't helped
it's going to be a nerve jangling end to the season isn't it just wonderful considering the utter dross over the past 10 years

1 hour ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

I never said there was a conspiracy but you have to admit some of the decisions lately have been bizarre. If you want any proof of officials trying to wreck a game or showing bias you just have to look at our win against Celtic. The ref  did everything in his power to stop us winning that day.

Kenny Clark gave us a penalty the next game he referred Clyde late on for absolutely nothing (against Airdrie I think). He said to Graham Roberts that was for his shocker against Celtic. 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/each-of-the-42-scottish-league-clubs-average-home-attendance-ranked-in-order-1-4870515/amp?page=9
Not only can you not beat a fucking pub team on the pitch or the league but one of the GIANTS of Scottish football can't even attract more fans than a so called pub team.  How embarrassing.:lol:

Tbf we don’t have the luxury of Aberdeen fans who can’t compel themselves to make away journeys coming along to our games [emoji28] just wait till we’re back up the leagues again, you’ll see

Clyde should maybe consider finding a position for Goodwillies  solicitor on the board to deal with appeals about everything concerning injustices against Clyde just because they are massive
We already have lawyer on the Clyde board if your going to come away with chronic patter at least check your facts

next

11 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

We already have lawyer on the Clyde board if your going to come away with chronic patter at least check your facts

next

Is that the one that checks the regulations on players being eligible to play for the club.

Is that the one that checks the regulations on players being eligible to play for the club.
No again a little research on the official site will inform you of the responsibilities for this task

next

The handball is nowhere near as being made out. Probably is a penalty but making out it’s the worst decision you’ve ever seen :lol:

He brings his arms towards the ball and flaps it away from crossing the goal line and you think it’s ‘probably’ a penalty.

1 hour ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Kenny Clark gave us a penalty the next game he referred Clyde late on for absolutely nothing (against Airdrie I think). He said to Graham Roberts that was for his shocker against Celtic. 

Again, the word "shocker" implies that he was playing an honest game and getting things wrong. Clark was, that day, reduced to hooring himself to Sellick so their nutjobs wouldn't accuse him of, eh, well, you know what. 

5 hours ago, strichener said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/each-of-the-42-scottish-league-clubs-average-home-attendance-ranked-in-order-1-4870515/amp?page=9

Not only can you not beat a fucking pub team on the pitch or the league but one of the GIANTS of Scottish football can't even attract more fans than a so called pub team.  How embarrassing.:lol:

Would suggest those attendances have changed since that was published in February. Think every crowd we’ve had has been above 584(minus Elgin at home midweek), with 2 bigger crowds v Edinburgh and Peterhead. 

Having run over the highlights, i'm glad a few things appear clearer. 

The ref's display, with regards to Peterhead's very fine-line gamesmanship, was far worse than the actual non-decision's he's being slated for. I still don't think McNiff's penalty claim was legit. The hand on the line, is poor technique but no deliberate intention to punch it (header gone to shit), and the lunge prior to Banks' goal should have been a red based on the actions of the dirty b*****d throughout. They got A LOT of 60/40 niggles in, which a strong ref would clamp down on. There was also Boyle and Lamont both "edged off", around their box, in similar style to that which McStay did, leading to the opener.  Although our set pieces yesterday were dreadful. Boyle last year arrived to much hype as a dead-ball apprentice, yet has taken precisely ZERO free kicks or corners - neither McStay or Rankin are anywhere near the % success mark in delivering them, sometimes rarely beating the first man. And Lennon still starting Boyle, despite some very poor games, would make sense if he was on the bell for these. 

I won't dissect Currie's part in goals 1 and 3, as it's no secret i don't rate him one bit, but i will ask why we appear not concerned by the fact Peterhead almost always score from at least outside the box, twice, every game, at our ground. They've been a good enough side to fashion loads of clear chances in the past, but with a solid(ish) midfield and a proper, organised back four, we're much harder to break down with impunity. Clearly they're picking on the weak link. I don't think Fleming is the great goalie others do, he's good but thats about it, but neither goal we scored was caused by his positioning, or misunderstanding of his own job description. Goodie winning and scoring in the air, and an opportunistic strike from Banks, were moments deserving of the three points. Currie's our keeper, for good or bad, going into these playoffs. Maybe he'll be the penalty hero. But i can't shake the feeling that while most of the rest of our team work on their shortcomings as much as planning for the next match, it's the same mistakes costing us. 3-3 might be better than 1-3 or 1-4, but yesterday should have been a convincing 3-1 shafting over Hector Brocklebank's Fash mob. Very upset that it wasn't, frankly.

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Would suggest those attendances have changed since that was published in February. Think every crowd we’ve had has been above 584(minus Elgin at home midweek), with 2 bigger crowds v Edinburgh and Peterhead. 

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scottish-league-two/attendances

This one is more up to date.  Still shows striking similarity to the league table with the pub team at the top with the mighty Clyde struggling to hang on to their coat tails. :thumsup2

2 hours ago, cfcuk said:

No again a little research on the official site will inform you of the responsibilities for this task

next

No need for me to research the name of the missing person it should be the person responsible that should be made aware of their responsibility in those matters, this was mentioned on the Clyde thread a while back & everyone got all defensive for some reason.

Archived