1 minute ago, BW Charlie said:

Heard a Clyde supporter shouting today that he thinks Goodwillie should be let go for being greedy. I'd like to know who he'd bring in to replace  best player at the club for a decade or more.

Did his/her carer tell him/her to be quiet ?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One bad afternoon doesn't automatically make a player a bad one. How many big late saves (or just big saves) has Currie made this season which have saved points/kept us in games? How many on-the-money kicks of his have launched attacks in the opposition half which have led to goals? He is no Alan Martin, but he's also no John Gibson. The former is the worst thing to have happened to Clyde fans as regards what some expect from a 'keeper at this level. You pay for what you get, and we can't fling about money like Peterhead - for what we can offer/are offering, I don't think we could expect to attract a better all-rounder than Currie.

26 minutes ago, BW Charlie said:

Heard a Clyde supporter shouting today that he thinks Goodwillie should be let go for being greedy. I'd like to know who he'd bring in to replace  best player at the club for a decade or more.

Hope you asked the supporter in question this...? 

_20190303_151740.JPG

Was surprized today after all the waffle coming from "SOME" Clyde supporters all week about how massive they are and expecting a huge crowd today for their big match, thought we may have to go in the away stand to allow the home one to be filled to the rafters with the Clyde loyal, 813 is not massive. I remember a few years back playing Morton in a similar season defining match late in the season the crowd that day was 8500 the second largest in the country that day just to put Clydes status in perspective.

Apologies to the good Clyde supporters which are the majority but you have some delusional posters on here which make winding them up all the more enjoyable. Todays game left both sets of supporters thinking their team should have got the win. As well as scoring a couple in the first half we passed up a couple great chances & were doing pretty well with the side we had out. After Clyde scoring right after half time it was backs to the wall.  Great strike by the lad for Clydes 3rd although think some players thought play was going to be stopped for a free kick. A draw  would have been acceptable before the game & was when the final whistle went.

11 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

One bad afternoon doesn't automatically make a player a bad one. How many big late saves (or just big saves) has Currie made this season which have saved points/kept us in games? How many on-the-money kicks of his have launched attacks in the opposition half which have led to goals? He is no Alan Martin, but he's also no John Gibson. The former is the worst thing to have happened to Clyde fans as regards what some expect from a 'keeper at this level. You pay for what you get, and we can't fling about money like Peterhead - for what we can offer/are offering, I don't think we could expect to attract a better all-rounder than Currie.

Alan Martin was in the crowd today.

7 minutes ago, BW Charlie said:

Alan Martin was in the crowd today.

Seen him, I know he’s not very liked at QOTS wod take him back in a heart beat but think he is far too good for League Two even League One 

Aye the queens supporters have never really taken to him think he'll leave them at the end of the season. He's the best keeper I've seen at Clyde. Not got a problem with Currie he just had a bad game and unfortunately when your a goalkeeper a mistake usually results in a goal being scored.

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:
1 hour ago, shawfielder said:

Stewards need hunted, absolute idiots, could easily see how it would put people off coming to Broadwood,   think we all need to complain about them, they said it's NLC rules that no car can leave the carpark until the stadium is completely emptied, 

I stopped parking in the home car park ages ago. It's a nightmare to get out of. Better either in the away car park or Broadwood farm.

1 hour ago, sydney said:

Had in the away car park at a recent game too (Edinburgh or Annan, can’t remember which). Sat for ages waiting to get out. I do think all the horn blowing is a bit of a waste of time though as it’s not the poor guy in the car park’s fault. Although I’ve done it myself to be honest. It is crazy though. Club should ask at least for an explanation as to why this needs to happen. 

From the Clyde website:-

"Car Parking: Access to the Main Stand car park will be restricted to those with accreditation; players, staff and officials, visiting directors, Silver Arria members, hospitality guests and those with disability parking badges. All other vehicles will be directed to the West Stand car park. Post match, all vehicles in the Main Stand car park will leave the stadium via the away car park at the West end of the ground, to improve the traffic flow and speed up the exit process."

34 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Was surprized today after all the waffle coming from "SOME" Clyde supporters all week about how massive they are and expecting a huge crowd today for their big match, thought we may have to go in the away stand to allow the home one to be filled to the rafters with the Clyde loyal, 813 is not massive. I remember a few years back playing Morton in a similar season defining match late in the season the crowd that day was 8500 the second largest in the country that day just to put Clydes status in perspective.

Apologies to the good Clyde supporters which are the majority but you have some delusional posters on here which make winding them up all the more enjoyable. Todays game left both sets of supporters thinking their team should have got the win. As well as scoring a couple in the first half we passed up a couple great chances & were doing pretty well with the side we had out. After Clyde scoring right after half time it was backs to the wall.  Great strike by the lad for Clydes 3rd although think some players thought play was going to be stopped for a free kick. A draw  would have been acceptable before the game & was when the final whistle went.

There are a few who seem to think that we are bigger than we are and that we’re somehow too big for this league. I’m sorry but our decade or so in the bottom league tells it’s own story. 

Our home support isn’t big (although I’d argue that our away support is amongst the biggest around as a ratio of home support). However, given our troubles in the last decade, it’s not difficult to understand why. The a Morton comparison is interesting. I remember them coming to Broadwood a good few years ago when they were top of the league. They brought 2-3000 that day yet the following season (as they do now) they struggled to get 1500 at home. Tells me that there are a load of fans who might come out for a good day out if their team might win something. 95% of the other times, they’re not in the slightest bit interested. 

As for the 813 quoted, trust me when I tell you that that figure is complete nonsense. Less than was at the recent Edinburgh game and there were more Peterhead fans than those from Edinburgh and way more fans in the home end. 

Anyway, enjoy League 1 next year. Beyond us now and Edinburgh seem to be faltering. If it wasn’t for our error leading to the points deduction, it would have gone down to the wire I think although we’d still have been behind you and playing catch up. 

11 minutes ago, WBR said:

From the Clyde website:-

"Car Parking: Access to the Main Stand car park will be restricted to those with accreditation; players, staff and officials, visiting directors, Silver Arria members, hospitality guests and those with disability parking badges. All other vehicles will be directed to the West Stand car park. Post match, all vehicles in the Main Stand car park will leave the stadium via the away car park at the West end of the ground, to improve the traffic flow and speed up the exit process."

Doesn’t answer the point though. They were stopping cars from going anywhere. Seen it at both car parks now. They seemed to wait a good few minutes before letting anyone move. 

DGW singlehandly saved our club from the lowland league without him we wouldn't be anywhere near the top off the league.
the guy is well on his way to being a Clyde legend ( if not already )

3 hours ago, David W said:

The ultimate acid test of a Clyde team is not disappointing everyone when there's a bigger than normal crowd. A few neutrals around us today were absolutely buzzing at the end of the match. Think they'll be back for the playoffs. This is a very special group of players.

Just regarding this, I brought a friend along today who usually isn’t even remotely interested in football. He left having really enjoyed the game, not regretting spending £14 to get in and watch and said that Clyde are a really nice team to watch.

If this team doesn’t get promoted (and we have no divine right to be) I will be absolutely devastated. I wasn’t too bothered after our two previous play off attempts but this has possibly been my favourite ever Clyde team, certainly since the Roberts season in charge. They’ve given us a hell of a lot of great moments this year and couldn’t work any harder for the club than they do. We’ve got a really, really good side and I would be gutted for the players more than anything if we don’t manage it.

2 hours ago, nickCFC58 said:

Thought mcstay was top drawer, particularly in the second half. Picked up a lot of loose balls and drove forward. Can’t believe the lack of yellows that went Peterhead’s way. As much as we fucked up for the goals we conceded I can’t help but feel things may have been different had the ref had his specs on

Couldnt disagree with you more re McStay. He gave away a stupid pointless foul for the first Peterhead goal and I'm sure he gave it away or was involved in some way for their 2nd too. His passing was a mile out at times as well but that was the same for the full team to be fair, especially in the first half. He's frustrating. He is a good player but is prone to a shite game like today every so often.

I thought we were dreadful in the first half. Couldn't string 2 passes or get the ball under control. We deserved to be losing at half time.

2nd half we rallied and started playing like we are capable of. Great cross from Banks and bullet header from Goodie for the equaliser. Shot ourselves in the foot straight away again but the fight in this squad is the best since the 03/04 era.

What a goal by Banksy for the equaliser. He is a cracking player with a big future in the game. Hope we get him back next year.

Ray Grant was uncharacteristically pish today. Normally an assured passer and footballer but an off day today.

Onwards and upwards via the playoffs! Mon the Bully!

Couldn't make today but sounds like I missed an all encompassing game. Very pleased to see David Goodwillie pick up a brace. 

Young Banks has done rather well I'd imagine Clyde would like to continue this agreement with Dundee United?

2 minutes ago, sydney said:

There are a few who seem to think that we are bigger than we are and that we’re somehow too big for this league. I’m sorry but our decade or so in the bottom league tells it’s own story. 

Our home support isn’t big (although I’d argue that our away support is amongst the biggest around as a ratio of home support). However, given our troubles in the last decade, it’s not difficult to understand why. The a Morton comparison is interesting. I remember them coming to Broadwood a good few years ago when they were top of the league. They brought 2-3000 that day yet the following season (as they do now) they struggled to get 1500. Tells me that there are a load of fans who might come out for a good day out if their team might win something. 95% of the other times, they’re not in the slightest bit interested. 

As for the 813 quoted, trust me when I tell you that that figure is complete nonsense. Less than was at the recent Edinburgh game and there were more Peterhead fans than those from Edinburgh and way more fans in the home end. 

Anyway, enjoy League 1 next year. Beyond us now and Edinburgh seem to be faltering. If it wasn’t for our error leading to the points deduction, it would have gone down to the wire I think although we’d still have been behind you and playing catch up. 

Must admit although probably exactly what they wanted I was getting wound up by some last week but thought it best to get the game out of the way before responding.

Don't know how much the relocation from the city affected your core support, certainly once supporters get out of the habit of going its not easy to get them back. That was a couple weeks back at Edinburgh where the crowd was given as 1057 probably 3 times their average & am sure there were quite a few more at that game but notice today Cowden fans saying you could count the City fans on one hand so its a fickle carry on.

Anyway taking nothing for granted but hope we can get ourselves over the line which leaves yourselves & City to play each other which as the form team would think would hold no fears for you at present.

See a mention of the traffic situation at the ground, heard plenty hooting of horns today although I was aware you had to go out the other way after the last time down so missed the worst of it, going out the new way is not ideal either going through a small housing estate.

Just for a change inside our part of the ground we had a youngish steward that turned out to be a very pleasant lad that was happy yo chat with folk so was worth a wee mention as good ones are few & far between.

Have a listen to Danny Lennon's post match

IMG_5521.jpg

The ‘points actually earned on the field of play’ league table still makes for interesting reading and means our title challenge now hinges on the outcome of the appeal.

Wonder if we can swing it to replay the Albion rovers match (when the offence initially occurred) and have the QP result stand, as by that point SPFL should have picked up on the error.

Archived