A fantastic match. We actually played really well for huge periods of the game but after defending superbly for the last few months, we didn't ever give ourselves the chance to win the match today. The first goal was entirely Currie's fault; not the first time he's let a weak free-kick skip unopposed into the net. The second saw Cuddihy stupidly press high up the pitch when we didn't have people back, then Rankin with all his experience let the Peterhead player cut inside after which it was easy. It came just a minute after Rumsby had sent a Peterhead player through on goal but Currie managed to save.

In between and either side of all of that we passed the ball around really well but didn't test Fleming much, apart from a couple of Boyle efforts. Some amount of possession completely wasted at the feet of McNiff. 

Introducing Banks for Grant made an immediate difference, setting up Goodwillie for our first. Then we sold another goal; starting when Rumsby appeared surprised to be on a football pitch and fell over, conceding a throw-in. From that we regained possession but Lamont got caught on the ball, then Brown ran across the face of our box before shooting. I thought Currie should have saved that one as well, it wasn't particularly well struck.

We then had what looked like a red card/penalty turned down when Rumsby's header was punched off the line (unless maybe it's came up off his leg), before getting a spot-kick which Goodwillie scored. I'll give the referee just credit for playing an advantage to allow Banks to sweep in a fantastic long range shot (Fleming possibly a bit far off his line?). After that we pummelled them without ever really looking like scoring.

I'll stick up for referees but he had an absolute nightmare today. He actually looked out of his depth, and he just kept compounding mistakes with others (e.g. not booking McStay, then not booking the Peterhead player for fouling McStay).

Currie hasn't done much wrong recently but today was a jump back to some of the mistakes he doesn't seem to stop making. Lang played well but Rumsby was absolutely rag-dolled by Sutherland. Cuddihy okay. McNiff literally everywhere except left-back, and just not good enough on the ball to play anywhere other than centre-back. Grant had a rare dreadful half. Rankin and Lamont a mixed bag. McStay my man of the match by an absolute mile on his second half performance. Goodwillie very good as well. Boyle as frustrating as always; some great touches but he is literally the worst player I've ever seen in terms of trying to protect the ball. Banks had a stormer and probably has played his way into the team for next week. I suppose Love and Lyon try hard. 

Not often a team will throw away a 3-1 lead and end up feeling like they won the game, adding in the Edinburgh result. I can't see Peterhead slipping up from here, only a positive appeal in our favour probably threatens them now. I reckon they've only had about 8 shots on target at Broadwood this season and they've got 6 goals. I'd be delighted if they weren't in the playoffs and they probably wouldn't want to play us in them either.

The ultimate acid test of a Clyde team is not disappointing everyone when there's a bigger than normal crowd. A few neutrals around us today were absolutely buzzing at the end of the match. Think they'll be back for the playoffs. This is a very special group of players.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A fantastic match. We actually played really well for huge periods of the game but after defending superbly for the last few months, we didn't ever give ourselves the chance to win the match today. The first goal was entirely Currie's fault; not the first time he's let a weak free-kick skip unopposed into the net. The second saw Cuddihy stupidly press high up the pitch when we didn't have people back, then Rankin with all his experience let the Peterhead player cut inside after which it was easy. It came just a minute after Rumsby had sent a Peterhead player through on goal but Currie managed to save.
In between and either side of all of that we passed the ball around really well but didn't test Fleming much, apart from a couple of Boyle efforts. Some amount of possession completely wasted at the feet of McNiff. 
Introducing Banks for Grant made an immediate difference, setting up Goodwillie for our first. Then we sold another goal; starting when Rumsby appeared surprised to be on a football pitch and fell over, conceding a throw-in. From that we regained possession but Lamont got caught on the ball, then Brown ran across the face of our box before shooting. I thought Currie should have saved that one as well, it wasn't particularly well struck.
We then had what looked like a red card/penalty turned down when Rumsby's header was punched off the line (unless maybe it's came up off his leg), before getting a spot-kick which Goodwillie scored. I'll give the referee just credit for playing an advantage to allow Banks to sweep in a fantastic long range shot (Fleming possibly a bit far off his line?). After that we pummelled them without ever really looking like scoring.
I'll stick up for referees but he had an absolute nightmare today. He actually looked out of his depth, and he just kept compounding mistakes with others (e.g. not booking McStay, then not booking the Peterhead player for fouling McStay).
Currie hasn't done much wrong recently but today was a jump back to some of the mistakes he doesn't seem to stop making. Lang played well but Rumsby was absolutely rag-dolled by Sutherland. Cuddihy okay. McNiff literally everywhere except left-back, and just not good enough on the ball to play anywhere other than centre-back. Grant had a rare dreadful half. Rankin and Lamont a mixed bag. McStay my man of the match by an absolute mile on his second half performance. Goodwillie very good as well. Boyle as frustrating as always; some great touches but he is literally the worst player I've ever seen in terms of trying to protect the ball. Banks had a stormer and probably has played his way into the team for next week. I suppose Love and Lyon try hard. 
Not often a team will throw away a 3-1 lead and end up feeling like they won the game, adding in the Edinburgh result. I can't see Peterhead slipping up from here, only a positive appeal in our favour probably threatens them now. I reckon they've only had about 8 shots on target at Broadwood this season and they've got 6 goals. I'd be delighted if they weren't in the playoffs and they probably wouldn't want to play us in them either.
The ultimate acid test of a Clyde team is not disappointing everyone when there's a bigger than normal crowd. A few neutrals around us today were absolutely buzzing at the end of the match. Think they'll be back for the playoffs. This is a very special group of players.
can't argue with any of that David

Can't fault the effort this side puts in never know when they are beaten. Gave them 3 gifts today with Currie not covering himself in glory and Lamont dithering and getting caught in possession. Was a bit miffed with the decision to start Boyle against a very physical Peterhead team. I've said it before he's far too small and the amount of times he loses possession and gets shoved off the ball far too easily just don't see what Danny sees in him.

From a Clyde point of view it's easy to say we gave away 3 cheap goals but Peterhead could easily argue the same.

They completely switched off for our first when we took a quick throw in, allowing Banks time and space to make his cross and Goodwillie a free header from close range.

They then gifted us a penalty that was easily as bad as anything we gave away.

For our third, they stopped playing expecting the freekick to be given, allowing Banks space to shoot (though it was a stunning hit to be fair).

Even when we play our best we always give the opposition a couple of good chances per game but usually get away with it. As highlighted with the second goal, Peterhead are good enough to make you pay for that and (just like us) could have scored more today.

Though we needed the win, it was a good game today between two good sides.

Just seen the reported attendance figure on our website. It’s the busiest I’ve seen around me this season by some distance and yet it is reported as less than the Edinburgh game. And Peterhead had a lot more fans than Edinburgh. Strange. 

thought Clyde played all the football today  but all 3 goals should have been stopped think if we go up we will need a new goalie haven't seen lyon do anything of note yet not sure if he needs a run in the team to show his worth or he isn't good enough every time I see Peterhead they are a team of giants as opposed to our smaller trickier players. finally no idea what the stewards were doing preventing cars leaving the car park after the game no wonder ppl were getting annoyed actions like this and cashless turnstiles just piss ppl off

4 minutes ago, ian mac said:

thought Clyde played all the football today  but all 3 goals should have been stopped think if we go up we will need a new goalie haven't seen lyon do anything of note yet not sure if he needs a run in the team to show his worth or he isn't good enough every time I see Peterhead they are a team of giants as opposed to our smaller trickier players. finally no idea what the stewards were doing preventing cars leaving the car park after the game no wonder ppl were getting annoyed actions like this and cashless turnstiles just piss ppl off

Cashless turnstiles saved me a trip to the cash machine on my way to the game today.  Certainly a benefit as far as i'm concerned.

The first goal decided that game, really. Currie was maybe a wee bit unsighted for the third, and to allow a player who's already scored from 25 yards against your side this season a shot like that from the edge of the area is criminal, but his howler for the opener was shocking and harked back to a similar gaffe vs Berwick. Very similar shots to let in as well, the first and the third. The second was a result of the first, and another moment of naivety from Cuddihy (and then, even worse, Rankin) while we were miles on top left us with a mountain to climb. From that point until half time, we were a bit shell-shocked and sloppy. Our two most experienced players combining to execute the most botched free kick routine I've ever seen probably the best example of that.

We started the second half like a train of course and, although poorly-defended, it was a good first goal we scored. A genuinely bizarre series of events - uniquely Clyde FC stuff - led to S. Brown's strike, after which we roared back as we had at 0-1. I was stunned at the non-award of a yellow card for J. Brown's penalty-conceding handball, almost as much as I was by the player's decision to actually commit the offence initially and then the utterly bizarre decisions McInally made throughout the second half which only compounded the giant bottle job his team was enacting in front of him. To criticise Peterhead too harshly would be to detract from what was largely magnificent stuff from us though; I really can't believe that this Clyde team is not going to be a title-winning, one as it really deserves to be. Our third goal was a beautiful moment, an outstanding strike by a player who I wish had started over the ineffectual Boyle, someone I can't really see still being here next season. For all our pressure, we just couldn't get the winner that our performance at large deserved. Why on earth we haven't just relegated Ross Lyon to ball boy duty is beyond me. As I've said before, at least Eddie Ferns was funny.

The full range of emotions for Clyde fans today, bar the sheer elation that would've accompanied a late winner. There is so much to love about this team; despite its youthful naivety, lapses in concentration and errors of judgement, there is so much character, determination, ability and above all a commitment to trying to play good football that is simply a pleasure to witness week-in, week-out. I'm gutted that our hopes of winning the title are now doubly out of our own hands, but if we can replicate most aspects of that performance in our four play-off ties in May, we will end up in League One anyway.

The stewards annoy us more than you! We deal with the fannies in the car park every other weekend.

8 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

The stewards annoy us more than you! We deal with the fannies in the car park every other weekend.

Stewards need hunted, absolute idiots, could easily see how it would put people off coming to Broadwood,   think we all need to complain about them, they said it's NLC rules that no car can leave the carpark until the stadium is completely emptied, 

Thought mcstay was top drawer, particularly in the second half. Picked up a lot of loose balls and drove forward. Can’t believe the lack of yellows that went Peterhead’s way. As much as we fucked up for the goals we conceded I can’t help but feel things may have been different had the ref had his specs on

Not a great result for us today but I am proud of the players that kept on going to get a win, 1-0 down I’m not goin to lie I thought we were done for,then it was 2-0... 2 shockin goal keeper errors, suppose Blair Currie has been due a couple so no surprise there

one of the worst referee performances I have ever seen, what has that guy got against Clyde, if I remember right every time we is refereeing he fucks us, should have had another penalty and on another day maybe even 3.

Was speaking to Kevin Nicol after the game he said he’s broke his collar bone in 2 places and it’s heeled over the broken Bone so it’s in an awkward place so probably going to be out rest of the season 

Stewards need hunted, absolute idiots, could easily see how it would put people off coming to Broadwood,   think we all need to complain about them, they said it's NLC rules that no car can leave the carpark until the stadium is completely emptied, 
I stopped parking in the home car park ages ago. It's a nightmare to get out of. Better either in the away car park or Broadwood farm.

40 minutes ago, strichener said:

Cashless turnstiles saved me a trip to the cash machine on my way to the game today.  Certainly a benefit as far as i'm concerned.

We started to do this at the start of the season and it’s better in my view. Besides meaning the turnstile operators don’t have the responsibility of handling cash, it saves time as they don’t end up counting out change every time someone gives them a £20 note. You can still buy a ticket with cash before getting to the turnstiles if that’s your thing. 

You should just about be home by now ! Decent turnout from you today. Was a cracking game. 

Just seen the reported attendance figure on our website. It’s the busiest I’ve seen around me this season by some distance and yet it is reported as less than the Edinburgh game. And Peterhead had a lot more fans than Edinburgh. Strange. 
clearly there was just over 200 more than was at Cliftonhill last week [emoji23]

7 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
17 minutes ago, shawfielder said:

I stopped parking in the home car park ages ago. It's a nightmare to get out of. Better either in the away car park or Broadwood farm.

Had in the away car park at a recent game too (Edinburgh or Annan, can’t remember which). Sat for ages waiting to get out. I do think all the horn blowing is a bit of a waste of time though as it’s not the poor guy in the car park’s fault. Although I’ve done it myself to be honest. It is crazy though. Club should ask at least for an explanation as to why this needs to happen. 

cracking game of football for Clyde we have a team with incredible spirit and play some great stuff. Peterhead good strong team and can play a bit ( table doesn't lie ) don't think they were as good as they were when they beat us at broadwood
just need to win the next 4 see where it takes us don't see Peterhead dropping 7 points in 4 games but you never know
I've been told all season we have one of the best goalkeepers in the league, I will just leave that here.

Archived