Working today so can't get to the game.

Stuck the £50 I'd spend on the trip on Clyde to win, draw no bet.

If Clyde win I'll nearly double my stake and ease the pain a bit, if it's a draw I lose nothing and am happy with the result, if Peterhead win then it's more than worth £50.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, blueone said:

If Clyde win I'll nearly double my stake and ease the pain a bit, if it's a draw I lose nothing and am happy with the result, if Peterhead win then it's more than worth £50.

Used to do that with England in the World Cup and Euros. Bet them to do well so that I’d at least have some consolation if they did. Hope you win your bet today ! 

I once bet on Queens Park to beat Clyde during their winning streak against us. I thought the odds were very generous. So I yielded to temptation and greed.

Queens Park won and I felt like a modern day Judas. I would have felt less guilty if I'd dipped my grannies purse.

Since then I've never bet against Clyde and never will again.

3 hours ago, blueone said:

Good luck with your bet, hope it comes in for you

That’s the difference there, we've gifted them two goals, had most of the play but created not very much. The first was a stupid free kick to concede and a howler from Currie and Cuddihy had no need at all to charge up the park like that with the defence needing to do better to cut out the cross. Aside that, we’ve constantly under-hit our passes in good positions and that free kick fiasco at the end of the half summed it up.

As an aside, ref if you book a Peterhead player they’ll stop all the niggly fouls.

Not much wrong from the referee there for me, other than failing to book Leitch for his cynical challenge on McStay. He's certainly not the reason we have shat it and find ourselves two goals down.

Not the reason for the scoreline but pulling back McStay, pushing players when they are about to shoot and the McStay foul are all unquestionable bookings.

Archived