• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Heard yesterdays match officials went straight from the pitch out to the car park to take over traffic duties after the game, multi tasking at the home of Cumbernauld Colts.

Heard too that one car ran into the back of an old boy’s car and they booked the old boy for simulation. 

10 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

You believe the officials are better in the leagues above?

Bet if you have a look at League one, championship and SPL , you'll get the same argument from fans of every club.

Dont think theres many refs who support the Clyde, Peterhead, Brechin, Stenny, QoS, Alloa or Hamiltons of this world.

The refs are simply poor. In some cases, very poor.

And in the case of Freeland............he was bloody awful.

I had a bit of a reputation of being critical of officials in the past but since Mr Finnie handed in his whistle don't really bother now. In general the standard is very poor even when you get a Grade 1 they seldom seem much better. It would seem at best we can only hope they are equally as bad for both teams &  live with it.

1 hour ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

I am not one for conspiracies but isn't it strange since we put in our appeal that the officials in charge have blatantly tried to stop us from winning, think they want us to fall so far behind that the points deduction looks irrelevant.

f**k me thought I had stumbled into a Celtic Thread :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

f**k me thought I had stumbled into a Celtic Thread :lol: 

I never said it was a conspiracy, could just a coincidence that the ref awarded a penalty against us for our goalkeeper having his leg pulled and then present him with a red card v Annan or denying us a penalty when the defender stopped the ball with 2 outstretched hands from crossing the line, if any decent ref (if such a thing exists ) had officiated yesterday Peterhead would have been down to at least 10 men possibly 9 and 4 or 5 more names in the book.  

Anyway away back and stumble into your big teams threads  again.

I am not one for conspiracies but isn't it strange since we put in our appeal that the officials in charge have blatantly tried to stop us from winning, think they want us to fall so far behind that the points deduction looks irrelevant.
so why did the referee award us a penalty
you honestly believe the SFA have told referees to stop us winning games why them didn't the referee last week not chop off mcniff goal and say there was a push ?

the referee yesterday had a nightmare he lost control of the game early on and made some very poor decisions I thought he looked all over the place as for an SFA conspiracy leave that to old firm and their football paranoia

As for the appeal I doubt they will even look at the league table , they will take it simply as a process look at what mitigating circumstances we can put up as part of the appeal They have in the past come up with some blizzare reversals upon appeal, that is something that gives us hope

1 minute ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

I never said it was a conspiracy, could just a coincidence that the ref awarded a penalty against us for our goalkeeper having his leg pulled and then present him with a red card v Annan or denying us a penalty when the defender stopped the ball with 2 outstretched hands from crossing the line, if any decent ref (if such a thing exists ) had officiated yesterday Peterhead would have been down to at least 10 men possibly 9 and 4 or 5 more names in the book.  

Anyway away back and stumble into your big teams threads  again.

Is Celtic you big team :thumsup2

I don’t believe for a minute that refs go out to make bad decisions, let alone bad decisions against any particular teams. The general standard is simply poor and I’ve seen crazy decisions going both for and against us. Just galling that in the last 2 home games we’ve seen two huge howlers against us but I’m sure we will see a howler or two go in our favour in the not too distant future. 

3 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

so why did the referee award us a penalty
you honestly believe the SFA have told referees to stop us winning games why them didn't the referee last week not chop off mcniff goal and say there was a push ?

the referee yesterday had a nightmare he lost control of the game early on and made some very poor decisions I thought he looked all over the place as for an SFA conspiracy leave that to old firm and their football paranoia

As for the appeal I doubt they will even look at the league table , they will take it simply as a process look at what mitigating circumstances we can put up as part of the appeal They have in the past come up with some blizzare reversals upon appeal, that is something that gives us hope

I never said there was a conspiracy but you have to admit some of the decisions lately have been bizarre. If you want any proof of officials trying to wreck a game or showing bias you just have to look at our win against Celtic. The ref  did everything in his power to stop us winning that day.

34 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

We’ve had a crippling and well documented fall from grace, not to mention the old scum on our doorstep hoovering up any potential glory hunters for a decade now. Once we begin climbing the leagues again this will undoubtedly improve, and we have the facilities, infrastructure and ambition to accommodate it.

What’s your excuse? (If you’re struggling I can answer that for you)

Would not claim to have followed all the goings on at Clyde over the last decade but help but think they made their own bed & have to live with it. Not sure how they left Shawfield or if it was theirs anyway but eventually ended up at Broadwood. The rental agreement was either impractical from the start or badly handled by the Clyde board. The Old Firm thing is no different in Cumbernauld than in any other town in Scotland buses head there in numbers every week from all over the North east. But after moving to a new catchment area they appeared to rather than attract new supporters alienate them by going on about leaving for the other side of town. As for Broadwood how often has any of the other stands been required in the last 10 years. Until recently there was nothing at the ground to get folk there early for a drink or hospitality, speaking to our lads yesterday they ended up having to go up to the farm for a pre-match drink as not allowed in the bar at the ground. So I would say Clydes board/owners supporters seem to have spent years fighting each other which has held them back.

11 minutes ago, sydney said:

I don’t believe for a minute that refs go out to make bad decisions, let alone bad decisions against any particular teams. The general standard is simply poor and I’ve seen crazy decisions going both for and against us. Just galling that in the last 2 home games we’ve seen two huge howlers against us but I’m sure we will see a howler or two go in our favour in the not too distant future. 

David Goodwillie (PBUH) punched the ball into the back of the net against Montrose to keep us off the bottom and in existence. The karma from that one will take a while to even out.

Heard yesterdays match officials went straight from the pitch out to the car park to take over traffic duties after the game, multi tasking at the home of Cumbernauld Colts.
... before getting on the Peterhead team bus back up the road

We weren’t helped by some terrible refereeing but even then we still had the chances to win the game. Gifting them their goals is just as frustrating. 

Credit to this team of players who kept fighting & never gave up. I am proud of the way they have carried themselves & performed over the course of the season. I still firmly believe we will be playing League One football next season & it will he no more than what they deserve.

I said at the start of the season whoever gets the most points in the Clyde vs Peterhead fixtures will win this league. We will keep on fighting until the death though!

For anyone feeling a bit deflated after dropping points yesterday don’t let that put you off travelling next weekend. The boys deserve our support so let’s get there in numbers & get right behind them!

I never said there was a conspiracy but you have to admit some of the decisions lately have been bizarre. If you want any proof of officials trying to wreck a game or showing bias you just have to look at our win against Celtic. The ref  did everything in his power to stop us winning that day.
ok if they wanted to wreck our season why uphold Blair Curries appeal? I agree the last two home games has seen really poor refereeing was it deliberate as said that doesn't stack up why give us the penalty yesterday? The whole points deduction has created a victim culture around the club The whole f**k the SFA stuff when it was the SPFL who dished out the punishment sums a lot up. The SFA haven't even made the decision on the appeal and we are chanting F**k the SFA . I hope they reverse the points deduction firstly to help my club but secondly to extinguish this notion that the authorities are out to get Clyde it's utterly ridiculous

Archived