2 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

IMG_5521.jpg

The ‘points actually earned on the field of play’ league table still makes for interesting reading and means our title challenge now hinges on the outcome of the appeal.

Wonder if we can swing it to replay the Albion rovers match (when the offence initially occurred) and have the QP result stand, as by that point SPFL should have picked up on the error.

Clutching at straws I think. Even if the results stood we would effectively be 3 points behind given the goal difference. There is no way the SFA will sanction the replaying of the game and potentially see us in a better position goal wise. And nor should they. That would just be wrong. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, great to see Goodie scoring twice today. It's been a long time coming and well deserved for his effort every week throughout his goal drought.

First goal was an excellent headed finish. Penalty was cool as you like given the pressure on him.

Looks like he's found his scoring boots again at just the right time! *fingers crossed* 

We aren't getting our points back. And I'd be surprised if we got replays tbh.
Concentrate on winning the last 4 and then the playoffs, starting with beating Edinburgh next weekend.

You are probably right on the appeal.

Feeling confident heading in to the playoffs but it’s always a bit of a lottery. Going to be a nail biting end to the season!

3 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Also, great to see Goodie scoring twice today. It's been a long time coming and well deserved for his effort every week throughout his goal drought.

First goal was an excellent headed finish. Penalty was cool as you like given the pressure on him.

Looks like he's found his scoring boots again at just the right time! *fingers crossed* 

Absolutely. Hopefully normal service resumed ! 

He was knackered today and noticed him cramping up near the end. Think a lot of the players looked shattered at the end after their second half efforts. 

Listening now, where can I find the part where he says Currie is a poor goalkeeper?
you clearly think he is a good goalkeeper and has been instrumental in our league position, let's just agree to differ

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

IMG_5521.jpg

The ‘points actually earned on the field of play’ league table still makes for interesting reading and means our title challenge now hinges on the outcome of the appeal.

Wonder if we can swing it to replay the Albion rovers match (when the offence initially occurred) and have the QP result stand, as by that point SPFL should have picked up on the error.

As I said before, I don't think these decisions ever get reversed.

Was surprized today after all the waffle coming from "SOME" Clyde supporters all week about how massive they are and expecting a huge crowd today for their big match, thought we may have to go in the away stand to allow the home one to be filled to the rafters with the Clyde loyal, 813 is not massive. I remember a few years back playing Morton in a similar season defining match late in the season the crowd that day was 8500 the second largest in the country that day just to put Clydes status in perspective.

Apologies to the good Clyde supporters which are the majority but you have some delusional posters on here which make winding them up all the more enjoyable. Todays game left both sets of supporters thinking their team should have got the win. As well as scoring a couple in the first half we passed up a couple great chances & were doing pretty well with the side we had out. After Clyde scoring right after half time it was backs to the wall.  Great strike by the lad for Clydes 3rd although think some players thought play was going to be stopped for a free kick. A draw  would have been acceptable before the game & was when the final whistle went.

Cheek coming from you lmao there was about 30 of yous. Fucking pub team

First half I thought we gave the ball away far too often, a lot of the time it was easy passes that were going wayward. Although I didn’t think Peterhead were 2 goals better than us. 

Second half was a lot better, if only we hadn’t gave away a sloppy 3rd goal it could’ve been different. 

However, can’t fault the character in the team this season, lost count how many times we’ve came back to gain points or scored late to win. All about momentum for a play off now. Edinburgh are in no form at all and a win next week would go a long way before we play them over 2 legs. 

Why is it that when literally any other player has a total shanner of a game (as they all have at one point or another and *ahem* some are far more prone to), they get mucked out after that given performance and then it’s business as usual the following week, yet when it’s Currie you take it as a personal insult and demand for his head?

Sure he had a shocker today, but when did he tap your sister?
I just don't think he is as good as he has been made out to be he is very good with the ball at his feet he has had played well in games, but I just think he is prone to some really bad mistakes that's all I wouldn't drop him now.

as for your comment about a member of my family it's beyond pathetic if you knew the situation

The decision not to award a pen and a red for the handball looked bad at the time. It’s somehow worse in the highlights.

We deserved more from that. If we win next week we need Peterhead to lose the o stand any chance but it’s clearly a long shot now.

Just now, Only one David Marsh said:

It's certainly is Peterheads title to lose after the hand of cod, I seen it from the other end of the stand how the officials missed it is beyond me. 

Why are our deludedsupporters determined to give these cheating b*****ds the benefit of the doubt? They saw EVERYTHING- their body language showed so- they chose NOT to award these incidents as fouls. Say what you see. 

I thought at the time it was a handball on the line but thought ‘naw, couldn’t have been as bad as I thought surely’. But yes, it is as bad. In fact, it’s worse. Unbelievable that everyone in the stadium saw it but they didn’t. Complete incompetence. Thought that the ref really struggled to cope with the game and had a number of very strange decisions. Not the reason we lost 3 goals btw but it’s infuriating that we once again had a big decision go against us after the last home game’s fiasco. 

7 hours ago, nickCFC58 said:

Cheek coming from you lmao there was about 30 of yous. Fucking pub team

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/each-of-the-42-scottish-league-clubs-average-home-attendance-ranked-in-order-1-4870515/amp?page=9

Not only can you not beat a fucking pub team on the pitch or the league but one of the GIANTS of Scottish football can't even attract more fans than a so called pub team.  How embarrassing.:lol:

1 hour ago, You Only Live Twice said:

This for me is the chief reason why we need to escape this tinpot league. I’ve come to accept the diddy clubs who play at utter middens and their clusters of simpleton fans who follow, but the standard of officiating at this level in particular defies belief on a weekly basis and almost puts you off completely.

2pts dropped yesterday and we could easily have been 3pts worse off against Annan on the 23rd due to their mind blowing incompetence, and that’s just examining the last two home fixtures emoji1.png

You believe the officials are better in the leagues above?

Bet if you have a look at League one, championship and SPL , you'll get the same argument from fans of every club.

Dont think theres many refs who support the Clyde, Peterhead, Brechin, Stenny, QoS, Alloa or Hamiltons of this world.

The refs are simply poor. In some cases, very poor.

And in the case of Freeland............he was bloody awful.

Archived