First off fantastic effort and well done to the lads for getting it to 3-3. Phead we're very physical and the ref did let some fouls blow over. First goal from Clyde was well worked, and goody deserved to end the goal drought. Scott brown for phead.. he done it last time at broadwood and done it again today shot from outside the box and right into the back of the net.  As for the pen, the peterhead player went up to actually catch the ball which I'm sure is a sending off-correct me if I'm wrong, or was this cancelled out by the pen?- . Third goal a bit of confusion as the ref didn't really know what to do but credit to banksy for taking the shot and what a fantastic hit. Great effort from the lads in the later part of the game.

Done well to come back from 3-1 down but gave away some cheap goals today. Looked like Currie should have done better with the 1st and 3rd goals. For all they scored 3 goals I don't think Peterhead were that great today but can't fault their acurracy in front of goal. They had another one off the bar in the second half.

Hopefully we can go on to secure second place so we have the second leg at home against Edinburgh. Better not be any bloody BMX tournaments this time.

7 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Definitely a missed opportunity but we did really well to rally against 12 men. Absolute p***ks every single one of them! Can’t wait to see the highlights package in a few days time....:

Good game ?  

Only ourselves to blame there really. Great fight and determination to claw it back from 3-1 down but we should never have allowed ourselves to slip into that position in the first place.

I’ve already spoken about the other two goals and after getting a goal back not long after half-time we gift another goal. Rusmby slack going after the ball, followed by Lamont, I think, caught on the ball not long after and then criminally, failing to close down Brown after he did very similarly in previous home fixture earlier in the season. You’re possibly looking for Currie to get a stronger hand on it too but no way should Brown have found himself in that position to shoot.

There was a huge incident at 3-1 as we appeared to have a header quite literally ‘saved’ by a Peterhead defender on the line, which if correct should have been a penalty and a red card. I say appeared as I will need to see it again to be sure but sometimes those are the breaks that win you leagues. For the penalty which was given, I did spot a wee shove by Goodwillie on a Peterhead player as the ball came in but I have absolutely no idea what the defender was thinking. Again, it seemed strange to escape a card for that.

Banks had a huge impact when he came on, great cross for Goodwillie’s first goal and it was a great strike for the equaliser. Love, as he always does, worked hard but Ross Lyon was unfortunately as ineffective as we’ve come to expect. I’m lost as to why we wouldn’t put Syvertsen on there. McAllister was pretty dreadful for Peterhead in his short cameo with Sutherland much more effective in giving Rumsby the runaround (who unfortunately wasn’t at the races today). Cuddihy has been very good this season but exposed himself badly for the 2nd goal. Grant was okay first half but his passing wasn’t quite as perfect as it usually is, the decision to take him off at half time to change the style was probably justified.

It remains a mystery to me how Peterhead escaped that game with so few bookings. I’ve no complaints about their approach as it clearly is effective but you’d like the referee to have more of a control on the game. The near-side linesman was also laughable, regarding the aforementioned potential penalty incident and by missing a blatant two handed shove two yards away from him.

Not a terrible result in isolation but one in which a more disciplined approach from certain individuals would have seen us take more from the game. It’s all but ensured that we’re out of the race so from here, we’ve just go to aim to finish second and keep the momentum going into the playoffs. Despite the silly mistakes I saw today, from what I’ve seen over the season if we can hold our nerve, we have absolutely nothing to fear going into the play off games.

For the penalty which was given, I did spot a wee shove by Goodwillie on a Peterhead player as the ball came in but I have absolutely no idea what the defender was thinking. Again, it seemed strange to escape a card for that.

How can a defender punch the ball with his hand above his head giving away a penalty not be booked? One of many bookings Peterhead got away with.

. Grant was okay first half but his passing wasn’t quite as perfect as it usually is, the decision to take him off at half time to change the style was probably justified.

Grant was absolutely terrible today.
It was by far his worst performance of the season.
Definitely the right decision to substitute him. I'd have done it before half time.

Exciting game,  which the referee and nearside linesman tried their hardest to spoil,  some shocking decisions both given and not given.  Would like a look at the penalty claim when McStay looked to be brought down from behind.

Terrible defending and shocking goalkeeping cost us dearly,  Peterhead played to their strength and bullied us all over the park, they've had a great season. but I wouldn't like to watch them weekly,  no real  attempt to play football.

Firstly that was a really good game. Shame we couldn't grab the winner but at the same time shot ourselves in the foot having to claw back 2 goal deficits twice in the first place. To be fair Peterheads 2nd was a really good goal, the pass across the box to the boy who scored was perfect.

Didn't think the ref was as bad as some of the shouts from the stands suggested but was surprised he didn't show yellow to another couple of Peterhead players. The boy handballing for the penalty going unpunished was ridiculous.

I've only started going again in the last couple of weeks after a 3 year hiatus but the fighting spirit in this side to keep going to the very end compared to some previous joke sides we've had is a joyus change. It's play offs now for definite but I think we'll win them if the hard work continues.

I thought we'd chuck it when they got their 3rd. Rarely does a goally have such a shocker and the team doesn't lose.

Glass half full stuff...I felt the determination in the 2nd half was worthy of a league-winning team and I don't believe there was anything left on the pitch, so heids up and let's get ahead of Edin next week.

C'mon The Bully