Rangers vs Hearts 3rd April

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Have Hertz ever won, or attempted to win at Ibrox?

Back in Championship  days when big Osman Sow did the biz ..Watched that tonight on a stream and it was utter garbage ..How you hope to get anything out of a game by letting  the opposition have all the space and all the ball , i don,t know..Game over after 20mins..No fight or out ball ...

21 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Absolutely zero ambition from Levein.

He had enough attack minded players in the starting line up. And the substitutions were  okay. And I can live with the 3 centre backs when we are away in Glasgow. But there is just not enough belief and confidence in the team - and that is Levein's failing. They played well enough after 47 minutes. But it's easy have a go when the game's done. Levein can't seem to get them to have a go at 0-0 away from home and in Glasgow in particular. He looks quite passive on the touchline . I don't want Lennonesque ranting and foaming for 90 mins, but I'm guessing his health has calmed him -  too much ? 

16 minutes ago, Austinho said:

No, they just bend over and take it like good little proddys.

IMG_7282.jpg.6c172ebf52c95a6319f6d0448cbcb299.jpg

Austin, Austin. Pull your socks up.  One Aussie, several Ausssies. One Hibby, several Hibbies. One Proddy, several Proddies.  Send yourself along to the Heidy's room for a firm spanking. 

On 4/1/2019 at 16:36, JamieThomas said:

I'd no bother turning up. Take the 3 nil walkover (which it'd likely be anyway) and avoid the *** hammer throwers crippling half the first team before Saturday.

putitthere.png.3f1f5306b854b5b79cf59be9404187ab.png

On 4/1/2019 at 20:43, HibsFan said:

You've clearly never met Craig Levein then, have you?

He'd take a 9-0 pumping at Ibrox on Wednesday and his entire family leaving him on Thursday for a throw in against Hibs. 

Only a third of the goals predicted tonight, so I'll revise it to just the one family member walking out on him tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

He had enough attack minded players in the starting line up. And the substitutions were  okay. And I can live with the 3 centre backs when we are away in Glasgow. But there is just not enough belief and confidence in the team - and that is Levein's failing. They played well enough after 47 minutes. But it's easy have a go when the game's done. Levein can't seem to get them to have a go at 0-0 away from home and in Glasgow in particular. He looks quite passive on the touchline . I don't want Lennonesque ranting and foaming for 90 mins, but I'm guessing his health has calmed him -  too much ? 

Fine having three centre-backs and flooding the midfield, but Wighton up front on his own? And it's a well-used strategy to suck teams in, and try to hit on the break, etc, but it's a dangerous game, and when has it ever worked against the old firm in Glasgow?

There was a Scottish coach (I think it might have been Bert Paton at Dunfermline?) who used to say that games against the old firm were write-offs - especially in Glasgow - I'm starting to think Levein may be of a similar mindset.

Berra forced a save out of McGregor, Lee missed a chance when he should have squared to Keena, and Brandon hit the post - by that time, we were goals behind.

It's Wighton up front on his tod that's sticking in my craw, tbh - surely no-one thought that would work?

Archived