For whom the trapdoor looms...

First time post so go easy on me!

We're still in March with 5 games to go. But, barring maths and bureaucrats, it seems to me that SPFL2 is all but over except for Berwick and Albion scrapping over bottom spot.

Berwick have taken 3 points from 6 against the top 2 in the last fortnight. They would have settled for that. Albion still have them both to play and will struggle to match it. And 3 of their points are subject to appeal. And then there's the humdinger B v A on April 27.

If I were a betting man I'd have to put my money on Berwick ending the season clinging onto 9th by their fingernails. Wouldn't I?

In any event, will the bottom team win the playoff? The LL and HL teams have to win their own leagues and then win a playoff against each other, just to get into the playoff that matters? Sounds like a toughie for them.

Does anybody in Scotland actually call them 'Albion'?  There may yet be dancing in the streets of Albion.
But yeah, the relevant thread is HERE
I think they are named after a road behind the ground so they could be "dancing in a street called Albion". Feel free to use this witty line.

7 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Does anybody in Scotland actually call them 'Albion'?  There may yet be dancing in the streets of Albion.

But yeah, the relevant thread is HERE

Probably the same cnuts that call City "Edinburgh"... :lol:

On 3/31/2019 at 22:22, DutchBorderer said:

Reminds me of how pissed Leyton Orient fans get when you call their team 'Leyton', they can't stand it and it's hilarious to see.

Typical faaackin Leyton Orient as John Sitton would put it. There was a nonleague team called Leyton until quite recently and I think Orient's stadium used to belong to them. Orient were originally from Clapton.

Edited by LongTimeLurker