Highlights of the Scottish Cup Semi-Finals

Killiepiyo

It’s tight, but the linesman should notice before the corner is taken that Lochee don’t have men on the posts, whereas Talbot have a man on the keeper. As soon as a Talbot player wins the header the guy in the 6 is offside. He might even be behind the keeper too, which makes it even worse!  More and more teams are emulating the pros by not having men on the posts for this reason, but if the officials aren’t switched on it’s a dangerous tactic. 

15 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

Do you mean the blatant dive at 2:22 ? Ref got it right (apart from not booking the Talbot player).

I was behind the goals it was a stonewaller even the goalie admitted it

9 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

It wasn't a penalty and it was offside. However it's semantics in a sound gubbing.

He was clearly onside look at the left back he plays him on and it was a pen

26 minutes ago, geo 1909 said:

He was clearly onside look at the left back he plays him on and it was a pen

Disagreeing with you pal. At least on the goal. When Peewee heads it Wilson is almost on the line, at least closer to it than anyone else. Even if the LB is playing him on (which he isn't) he is behind the goalie.

For the pen, if the goalie said he made contact then I have to concede that but it doesn't look like it on the slo mo.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Disagreeing with you pal. At least on the goal. When Peewee heads it Wilson is almost on the line, at least closer to it than anyone else. Even if the LB is playing him on (which he isn't) he is behind the goalie.

For the pen, if the goalie said he made contact then I have to concede that but it doesn't look like it on the slo mo.

It was defo a pen, it looks on your status as if you are saying samson was offside at the pen , i agree gee was offside for the first goal

2 hours ago, geo 1909 said:

It was defo a pen, it looks on your status as if you are saying samson was offside at the pen , i agree gee was offside for the first goal

Ah, that explains it. Was wondering how you could have thought it wasn't! Haha

Archived