Non league Scottish cup

Darvel legend

Surely we should now be at the stage where we have a non league Scottish cup and bring in the bsc s , East Kilbrides and all the east teams who departed , don’t know if it’s possible fixture wise but it would then be a trophy everyone is talking about rather than a glorified west of Scotland cup 

Surely we should now be at the stage where we have a non league Scottish cup and bring in the bsc s , East Kilbrides and all the east teams who departed , don’t know if it’s possible fixture wise but it would then be a trophy everyone is talking about rather than a glorified west of Scotland cup 
Good shout

It'd be doaeble imo. In regards to running such a cup the model of the South Challenge Cup could be used whereby the cup is ran & operated by all the orgs/associations involved in it. I have no idea of the full details of but I'd guess a comitee made up of x reps from each org/association.

The problem for such a cup is the same problem being experienced with the east in terms of merging leagues. Both sides have cups (south challenge and junior cup) and both feel each is as important as the other. For me it would be nice but will take a lot of concession, on both sides, to make it happen. 

The Junior Cup has a long and proud history, but it doesn't have the same gravitas amongst the historically senior clubs, certainly up here. They've always played in the Scottish Cup, which fills the role of a national cup. I'm speaking as a supporter, not a club official, but I don't think any Highland club would be keen: different clubs, different priorities. Back when the Qualifying Cup was abolished, the SFA created the North and South Challenge Cups to replace the competition. It was scrapped after a couple of seasons in the North due to lack of interest. There's the League, Scottish Cup and League Cup, then the North of Scotland/Aberdeenshire Cup/Shield competitions as well. I don't think it's entirely unfeasible, just there'd have to be big incentives: travel subsidy, prize money. It has to be seen as worthwhile for clubs to make the effort. If it involves clubs losing money, they won't buy into it.

I'm sure a scottish non league cup would be a great success drawing in clubs from all over Scotland with the first few rounds being regional depending on numbers like the non league cup in England the sjfa should be pushing for this with as I'm sure a major sponsor could be found

The Junior Cup has a long and proud history, but it doesn't have the same gravitas amongst the historically senior clubs, certainly up here. They've always played in the Scottish Cup, which fills the role of a national cup. I'm speaking as a supporter, not a club official, but I don't think any Highland club would be keen: different clubs, different priorities. Back when the Qualifying Cup was abolished, the SFA created the North and South Challenge Cups to replace the competition. It was scrapped after a couple of seasons in the North due to lack of interest. There's the League, Scottish Cup and League Cup, then the North of Scotland/Aberdeenshire Cup/Shield competitions as well. I don't think it's entirely unfeasible, just there'd have to be big incentives: travel subsidy, prize money. It has to be seen as worthwhile for clubs to make the effort. If it involves clubs losing money, they won't buy into it.
Sake man you do love to write up a lot of nonsense.

20 minutes ago, crfc said:

I'm sure a scottish non league cup would be a great success drawing in clubs from all over Scotland with the first few rounds being regional depending on numbers like the non league cup in England the sjfa should be pushing for this with as I'm sure a major sponsor could be found

Hi tom, hiya pal..... 8-)

15 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:
1 hour ago, Cyclizine said:

Sake man you do love to write up a lot of nonsense.

What exactly about my post is nonsense?

I also forgot that the top Highland and Lowland clubs will play in the SPFL's League and Challenge Cups too.

For the south I think it can be arranged if the will is there, I'm sure EOS/LL will find space in their calendars by tweaking what they currently have. I think it would be great to have such a cup competition. It would be good to see strong junior sides in the same competition as strong EOS/LL sides (and then I'm not talking about the "senior" Scottish cup).

why not extend invitations to all ex junior clubs from the East  to take part in the Junior cup next season ? i know there senior now but junior clubs enter the senior cup ..

why not extend invitations to all ex junior clubs from the East  to take part in the Junior cup next season ? i know there senior now but junior clubs enter the senior cup ..
Wouldn't accept the invite as senior non-league has the South Challenge Cup which is a sucessor to the old Scottish Qualifying Cup (South)

Then it wouldn't be the Scottish Junior Cup. It would then be a non league cup.
Oh wait a minute, I see what you did there[emoji23]

Archived