Partick Thistle Vs Pars

The Par Derby raises its ugly head once again. Ugly certainly describes our defensive performance on the last meeting where we went down 3-0. Thistle still have the issue of consistency of performance and the wheels have somewhat came off the Pars push for playoff contention. Still plenty of games to decide who finishes top four or bottom two though so both teams will be up for this.

Pleasing result and overall performance from the Jags yesterday so I’d be hoping for a win but it’s been the hope that’s killed us in the last year or two.

Thistle to edge out the visitors 2-0 ( McDonald 2, Doolan 1).

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C'mon Jags! Intae these bunnet-wearing, Sunday Post reading, horse and cart driving, would prefer to live in Falkirk, red pudding munching, tackety-boot polishing, linoleum in the living room, ootside lavvies, Cowdenbeath overspill dwelling Fife weirdos!

2 hours ago, Walter said:

C'mon Jags! Intae these bunnet-wearing, Sunday Post reading, horse and cart driving, would prefer to live in Falkirk, red pudding munching, tackety-boot polishing, linoleum in the living room, ootside lavvies, Cowdenbeath overspill dwelling Fife weirdos!

Great contribution. Please post again soon.

Red pudding man, what a laugh. Can only be beat by the Hippolyte Haggis.

15 hours ago, Walter said:

Better a bunnet-wearing, Sunday Post reading, horse and cart driving, would prefer to live in Falkirk, red pudding munching, tackety-boot polishing, linoleum in the living room, ootside lavvies, Cowdenbeath overspill dwelling Fife weirdo than a .... git.

In our last seven games, the only game that did not finish 0-1 or 1-0 was our 3-0 win over Partick. There is a higher power at work, trying to send us all on earth a message through our results therefore it will be 3-0 on Saturday (unfortunately for Pars, though potentially for the greater good of humankind).

18 hours ago, parslad said:

Great contribution. Please post again soon.

Ebay positive feedback input box for this pish.  

I have the fear about playing the same team as Saturday.  Difficult to change a winning side, but I don't think we're at our best lining up so narrow.

Wouldn't have thought the takeaway from the last game would be "mark Danny Devine at corners" but that would certainly be a start. 

Our performance in the game at EEP was so toothless - Doolan didn't get another kick from going off in that game to starting Saturday but hopefully he goes on one of his little scoring runs between now and 4th May . I think we probably will go for the same team barring injuries but agree it's very narrow. 

13 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Wouldn't have thought the takeaway from the last game would be "mark Danny Devine at corners" but that would certainly be a start. 

Our performance in the game at EEP was so toothless - Doolan didn't get another kick from going off in that game to starting Saturday but hopefully he goes on one of his little scoring runs between now and 4th May . I think we probably will go for the same team barring injuries but agree it's very narrow. 

Was funny to see Gary Caldwell at the game on Friday. He must have been baffled/furious/dumbfounded that he managed to lose 3-0 to us.

23 hours ago, Walter said:

Not if the only response I get is unimaginative copy 'n' paste pish like this I won't.

Gutted. Was looking forward to more sparkling wit.

Archived