Partick Thistle Vs Pars

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I joined in. It was great when he scored don't you think?

06-04-19-ladbrokes-championship-partick-18877341.jpg.624d5108c0da7b0f959be9dc82637c28.jpg06-04-19-ladbrokes-championship-partick-18877375.jpg.8775e45e21ea9694da1d4e4d620db02b.jpg06-04-19-ladbrokes-championship-partick-18877705.jpg.6c0368baffc0e55cacb32707df864e4d.jpg06-04-19-ladbrokes-championship-partick-18877341.jpg.357663352b27d843cfbae74b257fa2b8.jpg06-04-19-ladbrokes-championship-partick-18877703.jpg.340262ad94a7b1a9a6fbccaaa58162b4.jpgLaughing-Goose.gif.7e3cdbce4f4f838cc547b995e855a786.gif

Except the first goal was an own goal. Tannoy guy made a rip roaring c**t of it. 

8 minutes ago, parslad said:

Except the first goal was an own goal. Tannoy guy made a rip roaring c**t of it. 

True mate, but he came good in the second half!

Totally agree...the mighty Partick Thistle bit drives me nuts! No harm to the guy but he is a bit too posh. Would prefer a Maryhill born,  jags loving,  hard  nut saying " Right lets get right into these fecking Fife cnuts....lol
Get the guy that did partick TV a few years bad.
BIG MAD MENTAL MARTIN HARDIE!

8 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Get the guy that did partick TV a few years bad.
BIG MAD MENTAL MARTIN HARDIE!

Now that was commentary!   

Some crackers in the one below including the following... 

2-0 the Mighty Jags.  Liam Buchanan puts Thistle in the lead

First half was abysmal, second ended up being a pretty entertaining game.

For the first 20 minutes, every time Dunfermline came forward, they looked like they were going to score. Never realised how slow McMillan is until today. Constantly getting caught out and getting done for pace when he tried to recover. We also missed Elliott pace for balance going forward.

To give Caldwell his due, he made the change at half time and it was a bold one, which instantly made us more of a threat. This season we have looked a better team when Cardle has been on the park.

McDonald didn’t have one of his better games, but he was still effective in being an absolute nuisance for the defenders. He might well be the signing that keeps us over. Some of Doolan’s first touches today were unreal. If that utter sitter than Storey managed to sclaff over the bar fell to either Doolan or McDonald (or literally ANYONE ELSE in Thistle colours) we’d have been 3-2 up.

Good to see that Ryan Scully is still utter dreadful, and his poppadom hands for the second goal was glorious. Was thoroughly impressed by Bruce Anderson as well.

That was a good game yesterday and was much more open and entertaining than I thought it would have been. 

As disappointing as it is to let a two-goal lead slip, a point in the end was a good result as Thistle came back at us strongly after their first goal. Especially in the second half, they were on the ascendancy and they certainly deserved something from the game. In saying that, we did have a decent chance to go 3-0 up just before they scored, but hey ho.

I was pleased to see changes made both to personnel and team shape and, for the first quarter of the game, they worked well. Our two goals were both well worked from our point of view and, and that stage, I thought we would go on and be quite comfortable.

But credit to Thistle. Their first goal got their tails up and, aside from Ryan Blair's well-saved free-kick, and a chance for Hippolyte near the end, the game was played far more in our half than theirs. McDonald had to be the guy that scored; well-taken but I felt Danny Devine have dealt with the cross that led to it.

We probably needed to win yesterday to have a chance of top four, but we've work to do over the summer to build a squad capable of challenging at the top. Immediately at full-time, I was a bit hacked off we'd not built on our lead, but on reflection further after the event, I can't complain with a point. One of the more entertaining games I've watched in a wee while.

Hope Thistle stay up. Good day out.

I thought Scully made one good save, from a kind of awkward overhead kick from Doolan that was good reactions,  but he should have saved the second goal and was lucky with his pass straight to Doolan that Doolan didn't take a good first touch and then mishit the shot when he'd left a good  part of the goal uncovered (see below, tho Storey is offside tbf). Got away with a mega flap at a cross at the start of the second half as well. A mixed bag

image.thumb.png.d0c7551716d47184a612f18de9172d2a.png

31 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

when he'd left a good  part of the goal uncovered (see below, tho Storey is offside tbf). image.thumb.png.d0c7551716d47184a612f18de9172d2a.png

Eh? In an ideal situation he'd want to be further towards his right but if he does that then his view would be completely obstructed by Storey? His positioning is surely as good as it could be? 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Eh? In an ideal situation he'd want to be further towards his right but if he does that then his view would be completely obstructed by Storey? His positioning is surely as good as it could be? 

I'm not saying Fuctifano is guilty of this, but fans of Scully's previous teams seem to scrutinise him a ridiculous amount. Apart from 'keepers at the top 3 or 4 clubs in the country, I've never seen any other analysed as much as Scully, who's made out to be some calamitous clown of a goalkeeper. It's odd.

29 minutes ago, smpar said:

I'm not saying Fuctifano is guilty of this, but fans of Scully's previous teams seem to scrutinise him a ridiculous amount. Apart from 'keepers at the top 3 or 4 clubs in the country, I've never seen any other analysed as much as Scully, who's made out to be some calamitous clown of a goalkeeper. It's odd.

You can see it as odd, or see it as a natural consequence of actually being a calamitious clown of a goalkeeper.

Scully was with us for many years and had numerous chances in the first team due to injuries during his time at Thistle, and not at any time did he look like a keeper capable of playing at the level we were at; whether that was in the top flight or this division.

He let shots go through him, couldn’t take crosses, had no control of his box or communication with his defenders. All in all, he was a liability almost every time he pulled on the jersey.

If he’s playing well for Dunfermline and the fans there like him, fair enough. But he definitely did not play well for us or give anyone any reasons to believe he was anything other than a poor goalkeeper.

My memories of Scully are mixed. I recall him playing at Dens Park during the McNamara era when he was selected late on due to an injury to our No 1 keeper.

He was outstanding that day and looked to have a bright future with us.  But throughout his career at Thistle he was prone to moments of calamitous goalkeeping.

But my abiding memory of him from his latter days at Firhill, from my seat behind the goal, is the looks he used to get from our defenders when he would let in yet another eminently saveable shot at goal. 

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

If he’s playing well for Dunfermline and the fans there like him, fair enough. But he definitely did not play well for us or give anyone any reasons to believe he was anything other than a poor goalkeeper.

No one's saying he was a good keeper for Partick, however you've got it on this thread he's getting criticised for his positioning, despite him being in the best position, it's almost like a few fans have went out there way to paint an image of him which simply isn't accurate, certainly in the instance of yesterday's game where he played quite well and kept us in the game. 

Doesn't matter a Friars Tuck what we feel about Scully. Did he not win two back to back POTY trophies from the Pars fans when we loaned him to you? That shows that he has done a good job at Dunfermline any time he has been there. Sometimes a player just finds the right club to be at and everything clicks. In saying all that, he was undeniably poor at Firhill when given the chance.  Yesterday we got the full Scully show, couple of flaps, a shocking clearance that could have won us the game and a couple of good saves!

Archived