Partick Thistle Vs Pars

Throwing away a 2 goal lead is really piss-poor. ICT beating Ayr doesn’t help things. Think our season is truly dead and buried if things finish the way they are.

This second half has been an absolute travesty, after Ashcroft should've scored from corner we've offered nothing going forward, that Partick defence is absolutely shocking and we just resorted to thumping the ball in whatever direction we were facing. That's the season over and I'll be delighted if the vast majority aren't back next season, brutal. 

But..this is odd..

The Partick young team aren't actually outside for their offered square go! How bizarre!

Anyway, we definitely were holding on after the equaliser but had a chance at the end. Draw is a fair result as we dominated the first half. Really disappointed with our second half though. Patrick looked like the only team who would score after they levelled

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Happy Faissal Day everyone! Must be about time for him to start scoring lots and lots of goals.

FD413086-80E7-4F49-BE10-C997036F651F.jpeg

Laughing-Goose.gif.7e3cdbce4f4f838cc547b995e855a786.gif

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It's possible that someone has accidentally kicked the metal pillar that connect seats 321 and 320 to the concrete (in the JHS) off and the two aforementioned seats are a bit broken

5ca8ce3696734_download(2).jpeg.b14b11d87d062aa561b4b1979d5d6b62.jpeg

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

But..this is odd..

The Partick young team aren't actually outside for their offered square go! How bizarre!

tumblr_nr6jvaznNk1qb21tjo1_400.gif.2eb55b72845fb593e4519a197df38de1.gif

We're so incosistent. Seemed to hope to get an early goal or two but the problem with playing two up was the Pars ran the midfield.

That og  was crucial and I'm still not quite sure what happened in that second half at times. It was some b*****dized summary of inverting the pyramid at times but I've got to be happy with the comeback if not the performance.

Pint please barman! 

1 hour ago, DublinMagyar said:
3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:
Happy Faissal Day everyone! Must be about time for him to start scoring lots and lots of goals.
FD413086-80E7-4F49-BE10-C997036F651F.thumb.jpeg.985edf1301da07d4c8e4d2f227005f46.jpeg

Alright then.

47 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Very good League One striker. Maybe Dundee will loan him to you next season?

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

No thanks. He should get back to beach soccer or futsal. He's a total sand dancer!

That old adage “you don’t change a winning team” proven to be stupid yet again. We had no width whatsoever and it left us open at the back when the full backs tried to create some. Firhill really doesn’t suit the 352. Have to be happy with a point, showed a lot of spirit.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

5ca8ce3696734_download(2).jpeg.b14b11d87d062aa561b4b1979d5d6b62.jpeg

tumblr_nr6jvaznNk1qb21tjo1_400.gif.2eb55b72845fb593e4519a197df38de1.gif

Time and place cunto!

P.S. Please don't grass me in about the seats. I didn't boot the pole or anything. I was just tapping my toe to the prematch music. But maybe get someone to look at them

14 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

He's out of contract at the end of the season. Whoever wants him can pretty much have him. Hopefully not us, which is pretty sad to say.

Got to be happy with a point after that start but we could easily have won it.  The defence was a total shambles in the first half. Thought Penrice was terrific today with McDonald and Spittal not far behind. Hippolyte missed a sitter right at the death for the Pars. Was sure he was going to score. This is going right to the wire with Alloa dumbfounding  most pundits with their recent results.  The game at Firhill against Alloa in a couple weeks is gonna be huge! 

Not quite game of two halves but Dunfermline had the beating of us early on, our entire first half  attacking strategy involved the back 3  & Bannigan passing about at a snail's pace then working it out to Penrice who despite Craigen being on a booking would hit the first man or fire it anywhere, the one time he actually ran at the defence  we scored. Dunfermline had figured that running at players on a soaking wet surface had been the way forward from the start. Yet again we concede from a corner which is pretty poor going after the last game between the teams

Second half we didn't really come out the traps either (despite the fucking cone thing) and if one of the Pars players didn't have a 50p head (from another corner,  obvs) it would have been 3-1 and a long way back. After that though it was one way traffic until about the 93rd minute and I think we really should have won it, albeit Ryan Scully did the very Ryan Scully thing  for the second goal of making a shot that was nowhere near the corner look as if it was in the corner.

After that we had three great chances to take the lead, Storey (in a vintage Miles Storey cameo of ABSOLUTE FUCKING GARBAGE) managing to shin the ball  almost straight up in the air and nearly land in when it was easier to score, Doolan taking a great pass from Ryan Scully inside the box but trying to go for placement and effectively passing it back to him, and Spittal having a shot half blocked and the deflection falling perfectly for Dunfermline.

Would have gladly taken a point after 25 minutes and probably still at half time but that's definitely a missed opportunity in the end. I think 2 wins (especially one vs Alloa) ,a  draw, and 2 defeats might be enough, hopefully Ayr are confirmed in the playoffs by the time we play them twice.

Edited by Fuctifano