Promotion threatening Ayr Utd v Relegation threatening Morton

Just as I thought  team puts in a shift just when you expect a roasting. 

Started well then the all so frequent error. But heads didn't go down and well worth the draw. Only failure was JJ leaving young Lyon on when out on his feet, but a great shift from him until the last few minutes. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct, except I think  it might have been gin and tonics. A totally spineless display where we were very lucky to get a point. Just have to hammer ICT and QOS now, two teams we haven't beaten this season. Top 4 slipping away.  Disappointing after our  reasonable. display at Dunfermline. 

Correct, except I think  it might have been gin and tonics. A totally spineless display where we were very lucky to get a point. Just have to hammer ICT and QOS now, two teams we haven't beaten this season. Top 4 slipping away.  Disappointing after our  reasonable. display at Dunfermline. 

This result tonight only put us further into the top 4. ICT lost which means we’re further ahead of them than we were before kick off.

It’ll only slip away if we go on another run of losing games.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

This result tonight only put us further into the top 4. ICT lost which means we’re further ahead of them than we were before kick off.

It’ll only slip away if we go on another run of losing games.

Silver lining and all that, eh.

#shitfestingourwaytotop4

3 minutes ago, jm86 said:

How is it slipping away we are 7 points ahead of Dunfermline in 5th ! Not a great performance but it wasn’t a defeat ! Think 4 points will see us safe in the playoffs, hopefully get it over the next two games then relax going into the last few games and prepare properly for the playoffs! 

Silver lining and all that, eh.
#shitfestingourwaytotop4

Shitfesting is exactly the way we’re going to have to do things.

This league has been an absolute shitfest for months.

Well enough said about tonight from the posters, apart from the keeper they were all lucky to get a 5 out of ten, never seen so many bad performances collectively.

Really concerned this early in to the back log of games that they look really jaded, so god help us when we get in to the midweek and sat or Friday games.

For good ness sake tactically it was obvious they had the extra man in the middle Chris Millar and nobody got near him all night why wasn’t Murdoch pulled in to the central midfield instead of sitting wide right, we got the penalty because he came inside instead of waitIng on the ball coming out to him on the right.

The only plus was if you can’t win a game then don’t loose it and they did just that so credit to them.

Poor result considering we almost had a fully fit team whilst Morton had quite a few injuries. Seems to be the way right now with this league and form seems to count for nothing. Ross County looked sharp last night yet lost to Alloa three days earlier 

Well that was a tad underwhelming. 

The amount of pressure and corners Morton had second half they really should have won. Second half was brutal to watch. The burning question coming out of last night though, is surely to f**k Morton have a better left back than Iredale. He was brutal in an entertaining sort of way to watch. His dive was a thing of beauty though

If we are as brutal on Saturday I'm kinda glad I won't be there. 

3 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Well that was a tad underwhelming. 

The amount of pressure and corners Morton had second half they really should have won. Second half was brutal to watch. The burning question coming out of last night though, is surely to f**k Morton have a better left back than Iredale. He was brutal in an entertaining sort of way to watch. His dive was a thing of beauty though

If we are as brutal on Saturday I'm kinda glad I won't be there. 

Iredale was excellent when he broke into the team last season, especially going forward. He has shown only glimpses of that form this season. He has seemed low on confidence, but also lacking in defensive awareness. McKeown is the alternative and has been injured. The most appropriate word to sum him up is also brutal. Our defence had been a horror show this season. 

McDaid was ill apparently from the start - stomach problems and couldn't continue. A bit surprising McCall started him if that was the case, but perhaps the only  poor performer with an excuse.

He came up to the stand during the second half but, despite rumours to the contrary, it couldn't have been our second half display that made him ill... 

I thought that Ayr never really got going last night. We started reasonably well until Kilday's free gift, then drifted out of it. Second half we took a bit of time to find our feet again, but once we scored Ayr looked totally rattled and I thought we could have sneaked it. Prior to Keltie's goal we had Buchanan giving Shankland a free lob and Iredale missing an open goal. 

Archived