Promotion threatening Ayr Utd v Relegation threatening Morton

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
18 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:
Surely the Racecourse car park on Whitletts Road would be closer.

I'd suggest the car park at Greenan would be more appropriate for these mutants.

Are you talking about the Morton fans or the carnies?

For any Morton fans travelling down just to give you a heads up that the red stoned car park next to the racecourse has shows in it so you'll need to park elsewhere, probably at the college car park.

Just seen the Morton match preview and they’ve told Morton fans to park there. Wonder how many will go only to have to turn back?

As mentioned though you’ve got the car park at the Racecourse or the college car park to pick from.

1 hour ago, madton said:

Will no doubt play 5 at the back and a couple of sitting midfielders to make us hard to beat, only to concede in the first 10 and Ayr run out very comfortable winners.

The directors don't believe we will go down or are in any danger, oh how wrong they are. We are heading for the bottom two.

Btw, the football has been absolutely pish this season, prob played well in 2/3 games max. Every other game we have been poor, some worse than others!

I was actually very surprised with how you approached the last game against us at Cappielow. We were basically there for the taking as we weren't playing well and were also lacking in confidence plus you had made a few January signings, however you looked from the off as if you were playing for a 0-0 draw which just seemed very strange, especially at home to a team out of form.

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I was actually very surprised with how you approached the last game against us at Cappielow. We were basically there for the taking as we weren't playing well and were also lacking in confidence plus you had made a few January signings, however you looked from the off as if you were playing for a 0-0 draw which just seemed very strange, especially at home to a team out of form.

Simply because JJ hasn't got a clue. He is scared to lose games so sets up ultra defensive but more often than not,  we  either go on to get beat anyway, scrape a draw or very very rarely go onto to win a game we don't deserve to.

i have seen some truly awful Morton teams in my time but at least they tried to win games, albeit they weren't very good at it. This season we are horrendous to watch which is even more astonishing when you think JJ was a pretty decent striker back in the day.

Having been up at Ayr on Saturday (well, Prestwick but close enough) I really can't be bothered driving all that way again for this one.  Especially after the atrocious display against Thistle.

I don't expect us to get gubbed, but it will be something like 0-0 until the 65th minute and then Ayr will score.  We have no goal threat anywhere in the team.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just seen the Morton match preview and they’ve told Morton fans to park there. Wonder how many will go only to have to turn back?

As mentioned though you’ve got the car park at the Racecourse or the college car park to pick from.

Not surprised in the slightest that nobody at our end has thought of it, that would require common sense.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

You are assuming any will actually travel.....

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

The start of our game on Saturday was the best, most attacking football we've played at home since our last home defeat (against ICT in December) - not that this says very much whatsoever. Kerr Waddell sold us out on both occasions through some horrendous defending. For the most part we've played for not conceding and hoping for the best (which gave us two 1-0 wins and three draws while conceding one goal in five home games). JJ doesn't seem to have any clue how to get the balance right. 

I would start with the same lineup as they played well and continuity is key. If we are winning I'd try and take Bell, Kerr and Moffat off and rest them for Saturday.

I'm hoping Friday was a return to form and we can finish the season as strongly as we started it.

2-0 Ayr (Shankland and Forrest).

LINEUP111554218495423.png

Wondering what the hell we will line up tonight if Kilday, Waddell  and Tidser don't make it. Something like this maybe?

McCrorie.

Tumilty Buchanan McAlister Iredale.

O'Connell Millar Telfer Lyon Kiltie

Thomson 

I'd personally like to see Oliver given a run out but doesn't look like JJ rates him!

I’m trying the ‘not travelling in order to provoke an unlikely Ton win’ gambit the night... Aye, desperate is the word...

Not bothered with the result, but if we could win a couple of tackles, snaffle a few second balls, and maybe get a couple of shots on target... give Johansson something to build on for the play-offs.

5 hours ago, Alibi said:

Having been up at Ayr on Saturday (well, Prestwick but close enough) I really can't be bothered driving all that way again for this one.  Especially after the atrocious display against Thistle.

I don't expect us to get gubbed, but it will be something like 0-0 until the 65th minute and then Ayr will score.  We have no goal threat anywhere in the team.

Fucking hell mate, It’s Ayr not Narnia your expected to travel to. Get a grip you blouse. 

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Fucking hell mate, It’s Ayr not Narnia your expected to travel to. Get a grip you blouse. 

tbf, there are plenty of times in recent years where I've felt like that and I'm in Tarbolton.

We've no excuses tonight, 3 decent defensive options on the bench and 3 decent attacking options.

I think the game will hinge on whether Shankland rediscovers his composure in front of goal, he was excellent at linking up against the Pars, hopefully his early season choice of shot returns.

Archived