Promotion threatening Ayr Utd v Relegation threatening Morton

Start of a big month for us, this is a game we have to be winning and maybe try and get a good score line to help put a big run together. Morton in disarray and we need to be fast out the blocks and press high straights away. I’d go with the same team as Friday, but maybe start Miller over Murdoch/Kerr and have the 2 wingers. I would think McCall will go with the same 11.

3-0 Ayr, Shankland, Moffat, McDaid.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doohan 

Smith
Muirhead
Rose
Harvie

Forrest
Murdoch
Kerr
McDaid

Moffat
Shankland

Kerr, Forrest & Moffat to take the piss with their one touch passing. 3-0 to the good guys, Shankland brace & 1 for Forrest.

Doohan 

Smith
Muirhead
Rose
Harvie

Forrest
Murdoch
Kerr
McDaid

Moffat
Shankland
Kerr, Forrest & Moffat to take the piss with their one touch passing. 3-0 to the good guys, Shankland brace & 1 for Forrest.

Harsh on Crawford imo

If we had set up the Championship like the PL this game may never have taken place with us left in the the bottom half split playoffs.

Had felt we were getting it together prior to the Partick game but at a loss now to see were we will pick up points.

Getting out of the blocks fast and pressing high were the tactics employed at Cappielow last time which disintegrated by the 30 minute .

Having seen you lot on Friday BBC Thomson and suffered our debacle on Saturday should be a straight forward 4-0  home win.

But this is Scottish Championship footie best avoided in the fixed odds. So if golf goes well Tues medal might get the horse and cart ready for a trip that night  as I wish to witness JJ's last stand and maybe ???

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Harsh on Crawford imo

I can sort of see that but with the number of fixtures we have to rotate. I didnt want to drop Kerr or Murdoch. I also want Murdoch in the middle before he gets converted into another Geggan. I have a biase against central midfielders playing on the wing.

I can sort of see that but with the number of fixtures we have to rotate. I didnt want to drop Kerr or Murdoch. I also want Murdoch in the middle before he gets converted into another Geggan. I have a biase against central midfielders playing on the wing.

Kerr is more in need of a rest than Crawford. I have faith that Kerr could come into the team at any time and pick up where he left off but I’d be letting Crawford build on Friday night and get into a bit of form. Geggan is far better on that right side than Murdoch and he’s out his depth playing centre mid at this level. McCall might go with 2 natural wide players as were at home but I can’t see it.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Kerr is more in need of a rest than Crawford. I have faith that Kerr could come into the team at any time and pick up where he left off but I’d be letting Crawford build on Friday night and get into a bit of form. Geggan is far better on that right side than Murdoch and he’s out his depth playing centre mid at this level. McCall might go with 2 natural wide players as were at home but I can’t see it.

Kerr did play the whole 90 on Friday so may need a rest but I would still start him. Sub him at 60 mins or something. Reason being - the whole point of my selection is the intricate passing between Forrest, Kerr & Moffat. If Kerr doesn't play Crawford won't give us that as he doesn't have Kerr's passing range.

I agree wrt. Geggan being better out right than Murdoch. I really don't  like Murdoch playing there as I think hes wasted. A bit like Crawford out wide but not as bad.

At home against Morton who will sit with 10 men behind the ball (remember they played like that when we were down to 10 men earlier in the season) we should have two wingers. Particularly Forrest imo.

I would rest Kerr as games come think and fast now, and save him to start versus ITC Saturday and Dundee Utd the following Friday. Those are the tougher games on paper. Agree Morton will sit in though so a bench slot for Kerr to come on together with Forest if we need a goal come the second half. Forest should get 20-30 minutes anyway for match fitness.

I would start with Doc as the creative and Crawford for his bite in the middle with Miller and Murdoch at outside forwards. Would like Murdoch in the midfield but he's so much better than Crawford out there and provides more protection to the fullback. 

If Partick can put these diddies to the sword, then surely to f**k we can as well. 

IMO, although stranger things have happened,  a win here will pretty much mean we are in the play-offs, so I don't care whether it's 1-0 or 7-6 any kind of win will do for me.

And if there is any kind of justice, Buchanan will get a red card

The first of 3 straight home games in a row in the space of a week for us. If we want 2nd place then we need to be aiming for 9/9, Do I think we’ll get that? Probably not 7/9 is probably a more realistic target.

Will be interesting to see how we line up here, nobody really deserves to be dropped after Friday night however I’d like us to go with two out and out wingers and have a right go at a Morton team low in confidence.

I’d quite like us to have a contribution in sending the Ton to the seaside leagues so hope we win here. 

The first of 3 straight home games in a row in the space of a week for us. If we want 2nd place then we need to be aiming for 9/9, Do I think we’ll get that? Probably not 7/9 is probably a more realistic target.
Will be interesting to see how we line up here, nobody really deserves to be dropped after Friday night however I’d like us to go with two out and out wingers and have a right go at a Morton team low in confidence.
I’d quite like us to have a contribution in sending the Ton to the seaside leagues so hope we win here. 

I’d be happy with 7/9 providing County beat ICT and Dundee Utd on Tuesday and Friday respectively.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Is this the  game that's been twice postponed? Anyone know the dates it was supposed to be played on?

The Partick game was postponed twice due to their cup tie and replay against Hearts. This game was only postponed once, and should have been played on 23 March.

2 hours ago, RedEd said:

The Partick game was postponed twice due to their cup tie and replay against Hearts. This game was only postponed once, and should have been played on 23 March.

Thanks.  Got a bunch of comp tickets which are all different dates, gonna try  them out anyway.

Archived