Promotion threatening Ayr Utd v Relegation threatening Morton

The lack of Morton fans on here would suggest they’re not exactly looking forward to this one.

For all they’ve been shite this season we’ve not really seen that barring a 20 minute spell in the 5-1 game.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The lack of Morton fans on here would suggest they’re not exactly looking forward to this one.

For all they’ve been shite this season we’ve not really seen that barring a 20 minute spell in the 5-1 game.

It’s mother’s day today is it not? So they’ll be treating their sisters. 

Struggling to find an aspect of the game to look forward to, to be quite honest. Even Ayr on a massive off-day should have enough to comfortably bag three points here.

We offer almost nothing going forward and have no discernible game-plan, our manager hasn’t a clue.

One of our biggest failings this season has been constancy . We are a total Jekyll & Hyde team where we can play decent and terrible from one game to another.

I don't have a clue how good bad or indifferent we will be when we play Ayr. The frustration with the manager is starting  to boil over and he needs a good result right now.

Our defence was poor against Thistle and we lacked a cutting edge up front. Not an ideal situation at this point in the season. 

Not confident of getting anything at Ayr...

6 hours ago, Colkitto said:

One of our biggest failings this season has been constancy . We are a total Jekyll & Hyde team where we can play decent and terrible from one game to another.

Erm no, we've been consistently mediocre in about 90% of our matches this season. Concede first and we lose; score first and we shitfest a result - it's usually that straightforward right now. 

The shame game rating is bubbling up nicely for this one now. While apathy and sheer boredom will keep a fair few happy-clappers away that only makes the seethe of those who'll make the journey more concentrated.

For any Morton fans travelling down just to give you a heads up that the red stoned car park next to the racecourse has shows in it so you'll need to park elsewhere, probably at the college car park.

I'd go for
Dohhan
Harvie Muirhead Rose Smith
McDaid Crawford Murdoch Forrest
Shankland Moffat

Only reason in resting Kerr and Bell is the amount of games in a short period of time, hopefully Forrest can pick up where he left off before he was injured.

49 minutes ago, rb123! said:

For any Morton fans travelling down just to give you a heads up that the red stoned car park next to the racecourse has shows in it so you'll need to park elsewhere, probably at the college car park.

Surely the Racecourse car park on Whitletts Road would be closer.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

I'd go for
Dohhan
Harvie Muirhead Rose Smith
McDaid Crawford Murdoch Forrest
Shankland Moffat

Only reason in resting Kerr and Bell is the amount of games in a short period of time, hopefully Forrest can pick up where he left off before he was injured.

I think we'll need a bit more creativity than Crawford and Murdoch in the middle. I would bring Doc in for one of them. maybe Murdoch into outside forward again. Forrest and Miller can than sub on for McDaid and Murdoch for fresh legs.   

I think we'll need a bit more creativity than Crawford and Murdoch in the middle. I would bring Doc in for one of them. maybe Murdoch into outside forward again. Forrest and Miller can than sub on for McDaid and Murdoch for fresh legs.   

Replacing Crawford with Docherty would make us less creative?!

Range of passing? Yes.

If you’re talking about sideways passing then yes.

Docherty is a defensive midfielder and out of all our midfielders is probably the least effective in an attacking sense.

I'd actually play Kerr in this one as Morton will sit in and we'll no doubt need his passing to unlock them. Ok, he played on Friday but that was 4 days ago and prior to that he'd had a long rest.

If anything I'd rest him when we require more steel in our midfield against the likes of Inverness who will be more expansive and where we could bring in  the likes of Geggan or Docherty to shore us up.

Of course, I'd like to see Forrest tonight as this could be the ideal game to bring him back, however having seen Morton three times already plus their TV games, I've no doubt that we'll need to play at a high tempo and get in behind them, otherwise it could be a long and rather boring night...........

Will no doubt play 5 at the back and a couple of sitting midfielders to make us hard to beat, only to concede in the first 10 and Ayr run out very comfortable winners.

The directors don't believe we will go down or are in any danger, oh how wrong they are. We are heading for the bottom two.

Btw, the football has been absolutely pish this season, prob played well in 2/3 games max. Every other game we have been poor, some worse than others!

Archived