• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

25 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Do you? I think it’s the complete opposite tbh. Youth players at Saints always seem to be given the benefit of the doubt until they prove they are completely shite e.g. Caddis, Thomson etc. 

TBF Wotherspoon and Kane get the most stick out of anyone in the squad, theres an old boy who comes into my work whos first words every monday is about how shite they both are.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF Wotherspoon and Kane get the most stick out of anyone in the squad, theres an old boy who comes into my work whos first words every monday is about how shite they both are.

Yes, but for years fans were desperate to see Kane in the starting line up and fawned over him. It’s only after a multitude of shite performances that he started getting stick. Wotherspoon isn’t a youth product and is nearly 30.

I genuinely think the players are giving 100% - the problem is that they are all far too inexperienced for this kind of dogfight. We were crying out for someone like McGowan in the middle of the park who would get people around him going. Nobody wanted the ball, and when they did get it it was a quick, aimless hoof up the park as they were all too scared to take a chance in case they fucked it up.

If Woods starts over McGowan on Wednesday I’ll be utterly fucking seething.
Said this yesterday - the lack of leadership on the park was frightening - Woods meant to be captain but was as about as inspiring as a wet weekend in Blackpool.

9 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Do you? I think it’s the complete opposite tbh. Youth players at Saints always seem to be given the benefit of the doubt until they prove they are completely shite e.g. Caddis, Thomson etc. 

I see what you mean to be fair. Kane has progressed well past the likes of Caddis and Thomson though and it's as if the fans that built him up, like they did with the guys you mentioned, take it extremely personally that he's not a world beater and then comes the sort of judgement I mentioned. 

I do totally agree with you that the young players who are very much on the fringes, get assumptions made that they are better players than they likely ever will be. See Liam Gordon at the moment as another example. That's not to say he doesn't deserve a chance but talk about him being better than Shaughnessy after 11 games in the league is the perfect example of it. 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

I do totally agree with you that the young players who are very much on the fringes, get assumptions made that they are better players than they likely ever will be. See Liam Gordon at the moment as another example. That's not to say he doesn't deserve a chance but talk about him being better than Shaughnessy after 11 games in the league is the perfect example of it. 

How very fucking dare you, Joe Shaugnessey is half the player of Liam Gordon.

In all seriousness Liam Gordon is more than capable at this level and probably should've had a lot more starts, especially taking into account his performances when he does get a chance. There has to be something to the rumours,  there's not any logical reason why he hasn't been given more of a chance. Joe Shaugnessey has been poor lately and the uncertainty about his contract is just adding fuel to the fire, now top 6 is gone I suppose we'll see Liam getting more of a chance if Joe's going, or at least we fucking well should.

Anyone who's leaving should take a backseat role until the end of the season now. I'm not sure what the situation is with the players who are only contracted until the end of the season but if they've indicated they are leaving or are being released then they can take a seat on the bench so that others can make their case for next season. Same with the 3 loan players. Easton should also be given a shot to earn a contract for next season, if he's fit enough. Swanson and O'Halloran should be given time to try and play their way into the season. They've both looked well off it for most of their third spills with us and. in Swanson's case, needs to prove he still has something to offer us.

With that in mind, I'd like to see us go.

Clark 

Foster Kerr Gordon Easton 

O'Halloran Callachan Craig Kennedy

Swanson

Kane 

Wouldn't be adverse ( ;) ) to giving Hendry a run if he's recovered from his injury. Whilst finishing 9th would be our worst finish in the top flight and would cost us £200k or so, we need to start looking towards next season now. Not just in terms of personnel but in terms of getting fans back on side. Whilst I don't agree with the St Johnstone banter pages' view that Tommy Wright should be sacked, there's definitely a growing movement against him in our support. We've been god awful to watch for most of the last two seasons as well, we need to start trying to entertain again too. If we don't start turning in some better performances between now and the summer, I'll be thinking twice about getting a season ticket for next year. I'll probably end up at most of the games regardless but I will really grudge the £300+ when you don't really get anything for it.

What’s the deal with tickets for this? Haven’t been to see St Johnstone for years. Is it still cash on the gate? Tried emailing their ticket office but no reply.

1 minute ago, Fanbase123A said:

What’s the deal with tickets for this? Haven’t been to see St Johnstone for years. Is it still cash on the gate? Tried emailing their ticket office but no reply.

Yeah it's be pay at the gate. You'll have the pick of all but the Ormond stand depending on whether you'd rather sit in the home or away sections of the stadium.

Yeah it's be pay at the gate. You'll have the pick of all but the Ormond stand depending on whether you'd rather sit in the home or away sections of the stadium.

Got to pick the home end! Neutral football fan staying up this way on holiday.

Looks like i’ve picked a cracker of a game to watch judging by the chat on this thread.

9 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
12 hours ago, RossDee01 said:
I genuinely think the players are giving 100% - the problem is that they are all far too inexperienced for this kind of dogfight. We were crying out for someone like McGowan in the middle of the park who would get people around him going. Nobody wanted the ball, and when they did get it it was a quick, aimless hoof up the park as they were all too scared to take a chance in case they fucked it up.

If Woods starts over McGowan on Wednesday I’ll be utterly fucking seething.

Said this yesterday - the lack of leadership on the park was frightening - Woods meant to be captain but was as about as inspiring as a wet weekend in Blackpool.

Coral island or nothing?

40 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I've always liked St Johnstone.

Me too. Just a pity most of their fans on here are fannies.

59 minutes ago, Fanbase123A said:

Looks like i’ve picked a cracker of a game to watch judging by the chat on this thread.

You'll find more enjoyment watching supporters than the match, tbh. Both sets of fans will end up booing their team off the park IMO.

1 hour ago, Fanbase123A said:

You'd be better off contacting G_Man and going for a swim with him instead of the game.

Such apathy for this match from both sets of fans.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I've always liked St Johnstone.

I’ve always had a soft spot for the Saintees. I’m sure the fermers would rather go and watch league games at Dens than travel through to the backwater place that is Paisley. 

1 minute ago, Widge said:

Such apathy for this match from both sets of fans. emoji23.png

Try a season of apathy.