• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

A nice midweek game.

A game both teams will be up for after the disappointment of this weekend .

St.johnstone seem to be due to get a result where as Dundee will just carry on in being shite.

Would be wonderful to pick up a point or three

Kinda hoping our manager will be binned before then though.

0-0

Or 1-0

We are shite just now and very low on confidence.

53 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

A nice midweek game.

A game both teams will be up for after the disappointment of this weekend .

St.johnstone seem to be due to get a result where as Dundee will just carry on in being shite.

Would be wonderful to pick up a point or three

Kinda hoping our manager will be binned before then though.

Not as much as St Johnstone’s accountant.

This would be the game that Jim McIntyre would hand pick, so Dundee can't ask for much more of an opportunity to get themselves back off the bottom again. 

The way Saints have played since the end of January can't be put into words that would better illustrate it than the bare facts: Played 11, Won 1, Drew 1, Lost 9, For 4, Against 23.

If Dundee fans want to feel sorry for themselves when they have that opponent coming up then they deserve to go down with a whimper. 

Our performance at Dens Park in December - Tommy Wright described it as possibly the most complete of his whole time in charge - seems a long time ago now. 

Any Dundee fan going along to this deserves both a medal and sectioned. 

11 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

who cares anymore

Agreed. 

Id love to suggest the players will come put roaring after being slaughtered by Motherwell, and the manager, but that's not happened for three months, so it wont start now.

No idea how you line up. Shaughnessy, Goss, Davidson, O'Halloran, Swanson, Watt. All been brutal, and all are the ones youd be looking to drag the team through a rough patch. 

To sum things up for Dundee, our only hope for a goal is Chris Kane, who couldn't hit the target from within 6 yards twice yesterday.

Any Dundee fan going along to this deserves both a medal and sectioned. 
My youngest hasn't been but oldest has so contemplating going through. Might make day of it and go to the swimming first since the schools are now off for 2 weeks :-(.

Just been informed I come over to Negative so I gotta keep positive.

Should be a lovely day out

10 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

so I gotta keep positive.

I suppose you might get caught up in a near drowning incident and miss the match.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

Pretty much guaranteed 7-9th finish in the table this season, so nothing to lose here.  Shackles off Tommy, let's just go for it.

Clark

Foster Gordon Kerr Tanser

O'Halloran Callachan Craig Swanson

Kennedy Kane

If we get the three points then great, hopefully a bit of entertainment to enjoy at long last. If it doesn't go well, then it's an extra 90 minutes match fitness and opportunity to find form for MOH and Swanson in the build up to next season, and it's a vital 3 points for our near neighbours and good friends from along the road. Win win. 

This would be the game that Jim McIntyre would hand pick, so Dundee can't ask for much more of an opportunity to get themselves back off the bottom again. 
The way Saints have played since the end of January can't be put into words that would better illustrate it than the bare facts: Played 11, Won 1, Drew 1, Lost 9, For 4, Against 23.
If Dundee fans want to feel sorry for themselves when they have that opponent coming up then they deserve to go down with a whimper. 
Our performance at Dens Park in December - Tommy Wright described it as possibly the most complete of his whole time in charge - seems a long time ago now. 
If you had watched Dundee all season like we have you would understand why we are all fucking depressed.

14 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Clark

Foster Gordon Kerr Tanser

O'Halloran Callachan Craig Swanson

Kennedy Kane

Says a lot that I'm pining for Wotherspoon to return onto the left because Swanson is just a waste of a jersey.

I actually forgot O'Halloran was playing yesterday. You have to hope hes just not fit yet, as otherwise these hamstring injuries have taken his pace, and hes not smart enough to play around that.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I didn't think MOH made a huge impact, but I thought he did okay. He had a couple of runs where he drew quite a few defenders round him but couldn't deliver a final ball. Not the worst performance after coming back from injury.

Swanson needs to be given a couple of games to see if he can put in a performance. Now is the ideal time to do that.

I had full intentions of going to this but I now see a record low away support at McDiarmid now. I know it's cliche to say that the players just don't seem to give a damn, but that's genuinely the case with our lot.

That combined with Ethan Robson and Martin Woods being the worst central midfield pairing we've had since a past it Colin Cameron and Patrick Noubissie.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

I didn't think MOH made a huge impact, but I thought he did okay. He had a couple of runs where he drew quite a few defenders round him but couldn't deliver a final ball. Not the worst performance after coming back from injury.

Swanson needs to be given a couple of games to see if he can put in a performance. Now is the ideal time to do that.

Just been pondering, after watching highlights of earlier games, the role Watt played. He keeps the ball tight to his body, which attracted opposition players and caused gaps to form for the midfielders. 

Kanes the opposite, and rarely takes more than three touches before moving the ball on, which means every attack now has to be played at a high tempo and for players to be able to beat their individual opponent. Problem is you've got Davidson, Callachan/Goss and Craig supporting him centrally, and none of them are capable of that. Even on the wing Kennedy cant beat most full backs for raw pace.

Kanes scoring and his harrying/link up is involved in more goals than I expected. So would be harsh to drop him.

In other words, I'd give a front two a go in this.

So would I. From games I've seen Watt and Kane together I don't think they've linked up particularly well. But as you say, with Kane's harrying and flick ons, which he's getting better at, a second striker could be a good option.  I think Kennedy might feed off Kane's workrate really well, and would give that pairing a go.

I think Watt plays the lone striker role very well as he's so good and holding onto the ball under pressure.

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

So would I. From games I've seen Watt and Kane together I don't think they've linked up particularly well. But as you say, with Kane's harrying and flick ons, which he's getting better at, a second striker could be a good option.  I think Kennedy might feed off Kane's workrate really well, and would give that pairing a go.

I think Watt plays the lone striker role very well as he's so good and holding onto the ball under pressure.

Doesn't prove anything, just a meaningless intrigue of a stat, but they've only started 3 games together. 

2-0 win over Dundee

2-0 win over Hamilton

2-1 loss to Hibernian 

A St Johnstone win would be good for Scottish football.

Have we at any point played Watt and Kennedy together up top since Christmas? They were clearly the best combination earlier in the season and there’s nothing to be lost trying it again now. Kane is a massive frustration for me. Often takes up good positions but misses a lot of sitters and his play outside the box isn’t great. That said, Watt has possibly missed even more easy chances this season.

Dundee’s form is every bit as bad as ours. They’re bottom of the league for a reason and lost yesterday to a St Mirren team who barely laid a glove on us last week. This is probably the last home game this season that anyone is really going to give a f**k about. We have to put in a performance.