Snakes and wretches.

On 31/03/2019 at 20:25, D.A.F.C said:

If a boss tried to do me for something they let others away with I would mention it. Not people’s names just that it was happening. It’s not good for anyone to have people getting treated differently, certainly not for the company because it creates cliques, divisions and resentment. Any manager worth anything would know that. Either that or they enjoy creating drama and are a bit sadistic and insecure.

Aye but they didn't get caught you did, that's the difference.  You don't go cliping.

Aye but they didn't get caught you did, that's the difference.  You don't go cliping.

I think there’s two different scenarios here.

If you have taken a chance and cut corners, left early etc and been caught when others haven’t then yes it’s wrong to bring other colleagues into it.

But if management are already aware of others behavior then pulling you up for the same stuff without taking action against others then you should quite rightly be raging and question why you are being treated differently to others.

Politics are rife in modern days offices, but there are ways round these situations.
Firstly, ask someone senior in organisation (who you respect) to be a mentor, ensure over time you gain their trust and respect.
Once first step is achieved, tell all others who annoy you to f**k right off; they won't dare to challenge as the Grand Poisson has your back.
Lastly, go for as much coffee breaks as possible and wear a smile at all times- the payrise will arrive in due course.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Politics are rife in modern days offices, but there are ways round these situations.
Firstly, ask someone senior in organisation (who you respect) to be a mentor, ensure over time you gain their trust and respect.
Once first step is achieved, tell all others who annoy you to f**k right off; they won't dare to challenge as the Grand Poisson has your back.
Lastly, go for as much coffee breaks as possible and wear a smile at all times- the payrise will arrive in due course.

I've spent the last hour writing out a big list of people from on here that I'd take career advice from.

You're not in it.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've spent the last hour writing out a big list of people from on here that I'd take career advice from.

You're not in it.

Dr Concrete aka Office Pest aka MozzaMozza aka Melanius seems to have nailed the wokr(shy)/life balance. Monkman also claims to have a normal job yet lives the jetset lifestyle. 

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Dr Concrete aka Office Pest aka MozzaMozza aka Melanius seems to have nailed the wokr(shy)/life balance. Monkman also claims to have a normal job yet lives the jetset lifestyle. 

I only write wee lists then get the feet up on the desk for the other 7 hrs 45 mins.

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If it’s a big list, you’re in trouble.

A lot of time was spent in the planning phase, rather than actual entries.

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

My future is all behind me now so I have no aspirations beyond getting to the end of each day without saying what I really think.

I work in a small office of 10 and one of the sales guys who used to do my role (not in sales) is a fucking grass.To quote big Trev Phillips in GTA5 'this snake would eat his own kids'.  

He's so far up the MD's arse he could probably see out his fucking mouth.  He's constantly messaging him telling him what everyone is up to.  How else would the MD make snide comments to certain individuals when he comes up from his mansion in Surrey?  He always comments on what folk are wearing to work.  It's a non-customer facing office job, like it fucking matters what folk are wearing.

And he walks a certain way to the kitchen so he can see what's on certain people's screens.  Then he's onto Skype right away when he gets back to his desk.  There's an ex-Army guy who sits across from me, doesn't take any shite off anyone,  who audibly calls him a grass, in earshot of him, which is some mild relief.

The guy's a Ross County fan.  So the above goes without saying really.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

This is the behaviour of the office snake. 

22 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

A lot of time was spent in the planning phase, rather than actual entries.

My future is all behind me now so I have no aspirations beyond getting to the end of each day without saying what I really think.

My office is quiet teetotallers like me - except one lady of around 60. She's out boozing it up all the time. 

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I wouldn’t say my job is normal as such, but it’s fairly common industry particularly if you reside in the north east of Scotland (which I don’t), that gifts a lot of time off and pays fairly well. Couple with a partner than earns pretty well and having no kids, I’d say I live a fairly decent life. Your mate @Bairnardo works for the same company, on a different site. I’m sure you’ll know the arrangements around his working life, for when nip round to see his wife. 

ETA... don’t associate me with people that work hard, because I definitely do not. I do as little as possible without arousing suspicion that I’m a lazy b*****d. 

Edited by MONKMAN

19 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I wouldn’t say my job is normal as such, but it’s fairly common industry particularly if you reside in the north east of Scotland (which I don’t), that gifts a lot of time off and pays fairly well. Couple with a partner than earns pretty well and having no kids, I’d say I live a fairly decent life. Your mate @Bairnardo works for the same company, on a different site. I’m sure you’ll know the arrangements around his working life, for when nip round to see his wife. 

ETA... don’t associate me with people that work hard, because I definitely do not. I do as little as possible without arousing suspicion that I’m a lazy b*****d. 

Ah - no kids - that helps! Mine drains about £1500pm from me before bed and board etc. 

On 31/03/2019 at 21:47, heedthebaa said:

I would get a bigger bonus, but he would tell me how much the other men got, so I would say the same. 

I find this a bit snakey.  You really have no business knowing what anyone else gets.

22 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Also how the f**k isn’t ray McKinnon repeatedly mention throughout this thread?

When I saw the thread title I sighed to myself and thought "this is just going to be 5 pages of Ray McKinnon pictures" but now I've read the whole thread I'm a bit disappointed that there's not even one.  Pie and Bovril is making the slow decline towards the sea IMO.