Queens v Falkirk

3 hours ago, Flash said:

Earlier in the season, the team included Stirling, Todd, Harkins, Dykes and Dobbie. Didn’t win  all their games, but results included a 5-0 win over Ayr and 0-0 draws with County at home and ICT away. I don’t think Harkins is any less gung-ho than Aird. I get that it is important not to lose, but sometimes you have a better chance of that when you go with a positive outlook rather than a cautious one. Having creative players in the team doesn’t necessarily mean the team can’t also defend - clean sheets in the 3 games mentioned is evidence of that. And as our best players are the creative ones, we’d be better concentrating on that rather than relying on the weaker, defensive ones to try to get a point or sneak a win.

I'm not saying we shouldn't do it!

I just don't think we will.

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

Comical doesn't even come close to describing it

I was ruling again Alloa out finishing above 10th but I'm still trying to work out who has the best run in.

It's scary to think we could jump up to 6th with a win tomorrow, that would put the fear into Morton.

I think Falkirk have a really good run of games tbh. 

Queens (A)

Alloa (H)

Dunfermline (A)

Morton (H)

I think you lot should manage 8/9 points at least out of that lot and it would almost certainly be enough to keep you up. I'd expect you'll face United and County with nothing to worry about.

That being said, a loss tomorrow night makes the Alloa game massive. I still think Alloa will be bottom and Queens 9th but this week could change that entirely.

As long as McLean doesn’t feature in any capacity we might do alright. He must have some form of blackmail for oor Ray.

You can add pea heart Petra to that

big big game for us, really need to come away with 3 points to generate some sort of confidence boost. its been good having only lost to county this year but too many draws see us still suffering. just want us safe and the season over.

Although not certain I would reckon that if we happen to win tonight it is very difficult to see us finishing bottom.Even with our aptitude for being “masters of our own downfall” bottom place after a win tonight would take a bit of doing. A win does not guarantee avoiding ninth place but it would make us overwhelming favourites to stay up.

I expect Falkirk to be even more negative than we are so the onus may be on us to make the running and dominate proceedings tonight.

It is good to have the next two crucial games at home but it is virtually impossible to predict how matters will unfold. We hope for a huge effort from the players and that bit of luck on the night.

10 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Although not certain I would reckon that if we happen to win tonight it is very difficult to see us finishing bottom.Even with our aptitude for being “masters of our own downfall” bottom place after a win tonight would take a bit of doing. A win does not guarantee avoiding ninth place but it would make us overwhelming favourites to stay up.

I expect Falkirk to be even more negative than we are so the onus may be on us to make the running and dominate proceedings tonight.

It is good to have the next two crucial games at home but it is virtually impossible to predict how matters will unfold. We hope for a huge effort from the players and that bit of luck on the night.

We will be more negative than you, don’t worry about that.

The players will remember beating Queens last time out and want to go for them IMO. Hope Ray lets them. Dont want to see the same old. Its easily changed. You can chuck Robson in, Waddington, Todorov... All of those change the dynamic of the team by being different from whoever they replace. Just dont go same same again because its stale.

Guest Ecosse83

It won't happen but I'd make 1 change for tonight Todorov in for Paton and switch to a 442 with Rudden (if ok to play) just playing off Todorov.  

We need to be taking a chance now, if we go down playing for draws then McKinnon will have well and truly fucked the decent work he done pre January. 

31 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

It won't happen but I'd make 1 change for tonight Todorov in for Paton and switch to a 442 with Rudden (if ok to play) just playing off Todorov.  

We need to be taking a chance now, if we go down playing for draws then McKinnon will have well and truly fucked the decent work he done pre January. 

I'd drop Osman before Paton.

42 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The players will remember beating Queens last time out and want to go for them IMO. Hope Ray lets them. Dont want to see the same old. Its easily changed. You can chuck Robson in, Waddington, Todorov... All of those change the dynamic of the team by being different from whoever they replace. Just dont go same same again because its stale.

Exactly. We've got a decent squad with lots of options.  Time to freshen things up. I'd bin Petra and Osman and bring in Waddington and probably  Todorov.  It wont happen though and we'' more than likely see the same 11 again which is disappointing.

11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Exactly. We've got a decent squad with lots of options.  Time to freshen things up. I'd bin Petra and Osman and bring in Waddington and probably  Todorov.  It wont happen though and we'' more than likely see the same 11 again which is disappointing.

I think a change in attacking style would help us a lot. Playing both Petra and Rudden is great for work rate but neither player can make the ball stick so we end up giving the ball away up top a lot and then have to defend the counter. Todorov has looked decent in his very limited appearances and I'd have him in for Petra and maybe bring Petra on late in the game so we can use his pace against tiring defenders.

I'm going down to this tonight expecting to see the same starting 11 though.

10 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I think a change in attacking style would help us a lot. Playing both Petra and Rudden is great for work rate but neither player can make the ball stick so we end up giving the ball away up top a lot and then have to defend the counter. Todorov has looked decent in his very limited appearances and I'd have him in for Petra and maybe bring Petra on late in the game so we can use his pace against tiring defenders.

I'm going down to this tonight expecting to see the same starting 11 though.

Correct mate. Petra and Rudden simply cant play together. He needs to get a front two that complement each other.

What's Todorov shown anyone other than galloping about for 20 minutes getting in the way?
For me its more that we look a bit stale and he offers a different style which would in theory be more conducive to getting the midfield higher up in support of attacks, rather than anything he has done.

That said, I havent seen him much.

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

What's Todorov shown anyone other than galloping about for 20 minutes getting in the way?

When I've seen him come on he's done ok.  Against Alloa his control and hold up play was good and he got stuck in when he came on against United. At the moment Petra is offering us nothing and Jarvis hasn't done much if you ask me. I just feel he is due a start to see what he can do. Cant be any worse than Petra has been recently. Petra and Rudden simply doesn't work so someone needs to come in and replace as we certainly wont be dropping Rudden.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

For me its more that we look a bit stale and he offers a different style which would in theory be more conducive to getting the midfield higher up in support of attacks, rather than anything he has done.

That said, I havent seen him much.

Yeah, it's more that he seemed to offer a bit more physicality and balance to the frontline which I think we're lacking, as you say we haven't seen enough of him to judge properly.

Saying that, I don't think you can drop Petra and keep all 3 of Paton/Osman/McShane  as there's then a major lack of width. It would likely need to be more than just a straight swap.

Yeah, it's more that he seemed to offer a bit more physicality and balance to the frontline which I think we're lacking, as you say we haven't seen enough of him to judge properly.
Saying that, I don't think you can drop Petra and keep all 3 of Paton/Osman/McShane  as there's then a major lack of width. It would likely need to be more than just a straight swap.
Waddington is the guy I most want to see in though as I have said elsewhere.