Queens v Falkirk

7 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

The fact the ref couldn’t say who actually made the “foul” on Dykes speaks volumes. If you see what you think is an infringement you must be able to see who committed it.

i`m not saying the Dykes pen is anything other than a poor decision but that`s just rubbish. 

A player handles the ball in a crowded box, it`s clearly hand ball but not spotted by the ref but is spotted by the assistant. He`s absolutely clear it was a deliberate handball by a player in the  defending team but can`t be certain which defender handled it so that would be no pen in your view. That`s a scenario that could easily be describing the Falkirk pen on Tuesday which was an absolute stonewaller.

The fact the ref couldn’t say who actually made the “foul” on Dykes speaks volumes. If you see what you think is an infringement you must be able to see who committed it.
What DD said below really. Going by your logic I'd absolutely love to see your reaction if your player got clearly chopped down in a crowded box but the ref refused to give it because he "couldn't see who committed it".

What DD said below really. Going by your logic I'd absolutely love to see your reaction if your player got clearly chopped down in a crowded box but the ref refused to give it because he "couldn't see who committed it".

It’s always been the case that if the ref doesn’t see it, he can’t give it. He clearly thought Dykes was wiped out on Tuesday when he wasn’t? He’s seen Dykes go down and pointed to the spot.

It’s always been the case that if the ref doesn’t see it, he can’t give it. He clearly thought Dykes was wiped out on Tuesday when he wasn’t? He’s seen Dykes go down and pointed to the spot.
That's not what you said though. Your point was the ref can't award a foul if he doesn't know who committed it. Spotting a foul and spotting who committed a foul are two entirely different things and the ref doesn't need to know both these things before blowing for a foul. He only needs to see what he believes to be a foul.

59 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Maybe you should have said that. 

That`s not the same as saying that if he doesn`t know who committed the offence then he can't give it. 

Also if he thought  Dykes was "wiped out" then why wouldn't he give the penalty. The fact that he wasn't wiped out is another matter. 

You're really tying yourself if knots here TBH.

I am absolutely fucking raging and will fight each and every one of you.
This is my post of the year so far. I don't think a day has gone by since being posted that it hasn't popped into my head and I've laughed.

Looking at our highlights - Todd was lucky to stay on the park. His kick out could have easily been a red. I'm amazed the ref gave a foul on Doyle for the FK in the build up the penalty. It was even softer than I remembered. Even more puzzling when earlier in the highlights a Falkirk player has a header after 'climbing' on our defender yet he didn't deem that a foul. Our penalty decision cancelled that out. And it's some save from Dobbie's strike. I reckon it bounces over the line if he doesn't get his fingertips to that.