Queens v Falkirk

8 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Andy Stirling's interview... why would the ref tell Dobbie "if the keeper saves it, that's it, no rebounds" I'm pretty sure everyone would've been aware how close it was to the final whistle, no need to add extra pressure onto the penalty taker. Plus, imagine the scenes if it had been saved, whistle blown, then the rebound put in and not allowed!

It is part of the laws of the game, but I'm surprised that it's done in practice. If the penalty is saved then the sensible thing to do would be give it 10 seconds before blowing for full time when the ball goes out of play or is cleared.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Andy Stirling's interview... why would the ref tell Dobbie "if the keeper saves it, that's it, no rebounds" I'm pretty sure everyone would've been aware how close it was to the final whistle, no need to add extra pressure onto the penalty taker. Plus, imagine the scenes if it had been saved, whistle blown, then the rebound put in and not allowed!

I suppose if time has expired already and everyone knows it then it maybe prevents them even going for the rebound and reduces the possibility of the potential "scenes".

I'm surprised he didn't blow the final whistle once the goal was scored though if that was the case. Not sure why he let Falkirk actually kick off.

9 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Not a clue! I was working at a school today and asked a couple of self proclaimed "ultras." They were 11/12 yr old kids mind so hopefully this is pure ignorance, but one said it was something to do with some song lyrics, the other said it was copying Celtic. I feckin hope the 2nd one's wrong!

Fair play to the wee guys though, they add some much welcomed noise and atmosphere to an emptying ground. Did anyone get the home/away split last night? Hopefully the young team are developing a healthy habit and keep on supporting the club.

Curious to see the footage from the GoPro @MOTD Wannabee puts behind the goals to see Dobbie's shot off the bar. Must've been very close to going in.

Just a bunch of young lads going to the game and enjoying themselves. Hats off to each and everyone of them. Without them the place would be like a library. 

4 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Just a bunch of young lads going to the game and enjoying themselves. Hats off to each and everyone of them. Without them the place would be like a library. 

Just tell them to ditch the feckin drum.

21 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Believe it or not the guy banging the drum for Queens was a fully grown man. Seen him when driving to the ground. Should be on the register imho.

Also what is this? :lol:

IMG_8479.jpg.e1b199d3a54539c6761fbbe9b05d50ff.jpg

Better this than them letting off flares and smokebombs I suppose.   Quite agree about the drum though,  bloody nuisance,  as are those rattles,  especially if you happen to be sitting right in front of a "rattler". 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Better this than them letting off flares and smokebombs I suppose.   Quite agree about the drum though,  bloody nuisance,  as are those rattles,  especially if you happen to be sitting right in front of a "rattler". 

i think it was a few guys in the main stand were torching there mobiles as well . so it went from main stand to portland road end  then to the east stand . some strange song .

13 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I actually hope Queens survive (not at our expense obviously). Pretty decent and welcoming set of fans unlike the skanky mouth breathers you get in Greenock.

How adorable. 

tumblr_ni625mSvKR1s97thho1_500.gif

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Nor should any sensible scottish fitba fan.

I hate them also but when I go to games in the warmer European countries,  I don't mind them

Perhaps its the tuning !!!

If we must have percussion instruments at football,  I would go for the bongos. A high tempo, bongo rhythm would lend itself to the Scottish game.

Failing that we could go all strings and introduce a cello. Not so uplifting but it would add a touch of class, particularly if you go for a falafel wrap at the pie shop.

1 hour ago, qos_75 said:

If we must have percussion instruments at football,  I would go for the bongos. A high tempo, bongo rhythm would lend itself to the Scottish game.

Failing that we could go all strings and introduce a cello. Not so uplifting but it would add a touch of class, particularly if you go for a falafel wrap at the pie shop.

Partick fan found.

Archived