Queens v Falkirk

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've no issue with fans spilling over onto the pitch; it was excellent when Partick scored a late equaliser in the CC a few years back. It's an absolute minter to be trying to take a selfie though and for me just screams of some fanny who had every intention of getting on to the field rather than his emotions taking him there.

Still can’t believe I witnessed that last night :lol: What a horrendous 90 minutes of football only for added time to be absolutely box office. Absolutely gutted. We really need to start attacking teams or we’ve had it imho. If we had pressed that queens side I do believe we would’ve won the game comfortably. Alloa was already must win, but it’s now MUST WIN, anything less and we are down imho.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've no issue with fans spilling over onto the pitch; it was excellent when Partick scored a late equaliser in the CC a few years back. It's an absolute minter to be trying to take a selfie though and for me just screams of some fanny who had every intention of getting on to the field rather than his emotions taking him there.

Couldn’t agree more 

lads running around not knowing what to do with themselves hugging the players - class

wee gimps calmly looking to take selfies - as bad as matchday vlogs

For what it’s worth I think the queens fans have been pretty sound on here about the scenes. 

35 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep I’ve no difficulty at all with the Falkirk celebrations. It’s a passionate game and it was a crucial match for both clubs.

Got to agree with you. We should never ever take away the passion from our game. Stay off the pitch though folks. Looks to me like Queens underestimated the away support last night. It was under stewarded and can’t remember seeing many or any police ? 

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Couldn’t agree more 

lads running around not knowing what to do with themselves hugging the players - class

For what it’s worth I think the queens fans have been pretty sound on here about the scenes. 

I / We were exactly the same a few minute later minus a mini pitch invasion. 

Thats how much it means to real supporters like us all. 

Couldn’t agree more 

We're used to seeing them against us unfortunately [emoji38]

Last minute goals are genuinely one of the best things about going to the football, especially after having to endure 90 minutes of utter shite, nobody can blame fans for going mental at snatching a victory/point especially at this time of the season. If Queens had done the exact same thing I don’t think anyone would’ve begrudged them.

On the other hand anyone caught doing matchday vlogs should be taken to the centre circle at half time, have pies chucked at them for 5 minutes, then have to do 10 minutes of bare knuckle sparring with Shandon Par.

2 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Hope Dykes gets retrospective action similar to what Hippo got a few years back.

I think we would need to whine about it like Dunfermline did for that to happen?

7 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Last minute goals are genuinely one of the best things about going to the football, especially after having to endure 90 minutes of utter shite, nobody can blame fans for going mental at snatching a victory/point especially at this time of the season. If Queens had done the exact same thing I don’t think anyone would’ve begrudged them.

On the other hand anyone caught doing matchday vlogs should be taken to the centre circle at half time, have pies chucked at them for 5 minutes, then have to do 10 minutes of bare knuckle sparring with Shandon Par.

You can add arseholes banging drums to that. Piss off to the ice hockey if you want that pish.

You can add arseholes banging drums to that. Piss off to the ice hockey if you want that pish.

Believe it or not the guy banging the drum for Queens was a fully grown man. Seen him when driving to the ground. Should be on the register imho.

Also what is this? :lol:

IMG_8479.jpg.e1b199d3a54539c6761fbbe9b05d50ff.jpg

If only the Falkirk defender had been fully briefed about Dykes’ scoring record, he wouldn’t have made such a clumsy challenge. Thanks for the pics. I was half way across the car park at the time....

Worth mentioning how immense Osman was (again), everywhere on the park and had Dobbie in his pocket especially first half. The 3 of Paton Mcshane Osman is so slow but atm I can only see dropping Paton as an option

14 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Thought they were both pretty soft on a live viewing. Would need to see them again. Game didnt deserve a winner really but if it did it would have been Dobbie's pearler that hit the bar 5 mins earlier. Or Wilson's piledriver that Burgoyne made a remarkable save from.

It wasnt a great game but I felt we had the better chances.

Seen them again now. No argument with the Falkirk penalty. No idea why Dykes does that. He seems to still have his body between the opponent and the ball, But there's a hand to ball movement and it looks a penalty to me.

Ours is VERY soft. I think there's some contact from Osman and it's an odd challenge to make where he almost steps his leg in front of Dykes. But he seems to take another step before he goes down. Lucky to get it I suspect.

3 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

I've never understood this.

It's a mindset that's seen so often on here as well. People not realising how great an injury time "winner" is, and it's ALWAYS going to get celebrated like that, especially when the stakes are high on it. I'm willing to bet that many of the idiots that reel it out have actually been involved in such celebrations in the past as well.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

FWIW, pitch invasion at Cappilow = Minter

Lastnight = nothing wrong wi that imo

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nah, get the running on to the pitch stuff to f**k. It's a recent trend that only absolute morons engage in. From that video the vast majority of Falkirk fans celebrated in the stand. It's attention seeking w**k from wee drone cretins who just copy the popular shit of the time (see how so many of them seem to be dressed the same). I reckon I could pick the people out of a crowd who would do it before the game began.

It's a fairly recent thing too, especially fans doing it for any old goal. Must be only in the last few years it's become a 'thing', and sadly it's getting a lot more popular among the tossers now. I've seen loads of injury time winners, and plenty of them in big games, and have even been involved in a few as a fan, but not once have I ran on to the pitch, and it was always very rare to see it happening, with only 1 or 2 at most actually doing it. I reckon that, before the current fad of doing it started, I must have seen it only 3 or 4 times across many years.

Archived